• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA Auction: 2015 August 27 - 29 Comics Signature Auction

278 posts in this topic

Did they change the format of the online bidding? When I look at an item, the screen seems to suggest I can bid online all the way until one hour before the live auction starts tomorrow. Used to be like 9 or 10 the night before.

there's obviously a bunch of great beautiful stuff in this auction but I'm just not feeling any of it really. I guess the stuff that I like is just a tad too expensive in this one & the stuff in my range just isn't grabbing me.

Ready to bid, will have phone and internet running, ready to get blown out of the water and lose hard then instead of blowing it on pen and ink, will invest the money in something else :(

painful not bidding on comics today, some lovely items

It's really not that great of a piece IMO. Just a generic team splash with the whole cast in the traditional "Robin corner shock pose." I guess most of the appeal probably comes from the issue number but it's not an iconic part of the story. I mean it's cool but for 6 figures in not impressed.

Thats where it comes down to your opinion of the artwork itself. But this page is PURE nostalgia, its a great example from the story almost everyone is shown in this dps, great shots of all the X-Men no one has their backs turned to the readers and the title says it all. If someone wants a page thats encompasses the Phoenix Saga this is one of the best.

I am not nostalgic for this piece but it is GREAT team shot. I get tired of hearing about the action. Most action pieces that jam in every character are way too busy and the image looks like mess.

I'm thinking no more then $25,000 with the BP. The logo and the production text is all recreated with an overlay. It severely affected how much I was willing to bid on it, I know that much.

Mike Burkey sold a cover not as good for 27k at SD, Gene. This one, I expect will go for a little more.

GB

So, the range seems to be low-$20Ks to mid-$30Ks...so high-$20Ks or low $30Ks is where the consensus seems to be. Sounds about right - thanks, everyone. (thumbs u

What about the Ron Wilson/Joe Sinnott Hulk #288 cover? (shrug)

I know less than nothing about bronze hulk covers but that looks like an outstanding example that I would expect would get an eye popping price (for what it is). I'm going to say 17-22 range, I think it will go big

I'm thinking no more then $25,000 with the BP. The logo and the production text is all recreated with an overlay. It severely affected how much I was willing to bid on it, I know that much.

The logo stats matter that much to you?

I know less than nothing about bronze hulk covers but that looks like an outstanding example that I would expect would get an eye popping price (for what it is). I'm going to say 17-22 range, I think it will go big

Are you talking about the Hulk 288 cover? I just wanted to make sure.

That one's copper. Late '83.

The Sinnott inks are, to me what's driving the bidding and the overall eye appeal of this piece. That being said it's not a key issue and no background. Dynamic look but it's basically a three character "floating" cover.

I will say it's looks far better as OA than it did in production where the two non-Hulk figures are really washed out.

I'd be really shocked if it hit $10k....heck $5k seems like a lot for a Wilson.

I agree, it's a lovely cover and will probably go for more than many might expect. But, if this one hits $17-22K, I may have to call time on my OA collecting career. :eek:

I'd be really shocked if it hit $10k....heck $5k seems like a lot for a Wilson.

Whew, I thought I had lost my mind there for a second! I think Dan must have been thinking about the Trimpe cover also in the auction.