• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA Auction: 2015 August 27 - 29 Comics Signature Auction

278 posts in this topic

Wouldn't the stock market be better over the same period? Not as fun obviously.

That assumes you dig this art. I do not. So same difference there and no roller-coaster stock market fun 2008-10, which should not be discounted :)

Which brings up expectations vs. reality (as nobody* expected stocks to pump 'n dump seven years ago either). Many/most of us may see "almost" 10% as a decent ROI against the last HA final. But the consignor? Only that person knows for sure if the net from HA is in line, exceeded or (most likely) disappointed. Emotion trumps all. That's how you can win and lose at the same time.

Did the roller-coaster ride in stocks this very week affect the heartiness of some (potential) bidders? (I don't know, just raising the question.)

*Meaning those outside the industry, there were plenty inside that were negative equities post-2007.

Ha ha, its all about ratio! :) Mine is a fraction of the cover and the lack of punisher was taken into account in the valuation :)

Malvin

In all seriousness, the Punisher appearance probably accounted for a good 80-85% of the valuation of this DD #293 cover. It's a very memorable cover because of the Punisher appearance...I mean, how much would the DD #294 cover go for...it probably would be lucky to get $2K!! :doh:

I respectfully disagree. But then again, I'm not exactly impartial. :)

Malvin

I don't get this one at all. I get the Punisher is on the cover but I haven't seen a big jump in all Punisher stuff. It feels like an outlier like the Rivera Daredevil cover. I don't know if it's becuse it harkens back to the Daredevil Miller Punisher story line or what. It's an okay image but a hell of a lot of black and not a great shot of Punisher.

That was my second guide. Mom and dad were probably wondering how we went from Barks Porky Pig to Ward's torpedo boobs and heels. lol

Thats hilarious !

I never thought about that but Porky Pig with his Canadian Mounty hat was my first guide too

Man, I'm old. Mine was the fourth edition. It had four GA (one SA?) covers reproduced inside a green border. Trying to remember what they were without looking it up, in order to stave off the Alzheimers, but I'm not doing so well...

That was my second guide. Mom and dad were probably wondering how we went from Barks Porky Pig to Ward's torpedo boobs and heels. lol

Thats hilarious !

I never thought about that but Porky Pig with his Canadian Mounty hat was my first guide too

Man, I'm old. Mine was the fourth edition. It had four GA (one SA?) covers reproduced inside a green border. Trying to remember what they were without looking it up, in order to stave off the Alzheimers, but I'm not doing so well...

#11 LB Cole cover here :)

That's another one where the original art lost a lot of ground from sale to re-sale.

L. B. Cole Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #11 Cover Original Art (1981)....

Lot: 92070

Sold For: $5,975.00‡

L. B. Cole - Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #11 Cover Original Art (1981)....

Lot: 43136

Sold For: $17,925.00‡

I'm having a little bit of regret for not going stronger on one of the Crumb Eggs Ackley pages.....a near giveaway at those prices.

Oh man I'm scared to look. I wanted those too but figured they'd be exoensive

I'm having a little bit of regret for not going stronger on one of the Crumb Eggs Ackley pages.....a near giveaway at those prices.

Oh man I'm scared to look. I wanted those too but figured they'd be exoensive

I had the same thoughts....I thought they'd be too expensive so I was bidding a little too casually, one I was bidding on, page 7, went for 5800.00. I hesitated and it was over. I didn't want to go over 5 k for anything yesterday......but I regret it on this!

Tried for the Captain Britain #25 page1 by J Buscema. Bottom panel used the How to Draw The Marvel Way as a layout (same Nick Fury pose and some of the same background. But went to high.

Satisfied with the Spy vs Spy Prohias colour cover.

Thanks for sharing your opinion Rob! I think FF 184 is the best-looking Perez/Sinnott FF book from their entire run. This page had some killer Impy images. I didn't win the page, but I extend my hearty congratulations to the seller and the winning bidder. Best, Lee

This was in my Top 2 for this auction but I went 0/2

I don't think there a ton of Impy collectors but it only takes a few!

Mark

I thought either you or a collector who is trying to put this book together would end up with the page. I'm sorry to hear you missed out on it Mark. Hopefully more Impy pages will make it to the market. Best, Lee

Didn't know there was a FF 184 fanatic - did they win the page?

It was a nice one but I didn't want to drive the market any crazier than it can be already - my 0/2 pieces both went ~ 25% higher than I expected - I always wonder if I had kept in the race how high would they go?

Always fun to watch these auctions - ComicLink next...

Mark

Anyone pick up the Clowes splash for 2200.00? Jeez wish I was home

Interesting result, but, what I really want to know is who picked up the X-Men #137 DPS. Here are my best guesses:

157305.jpg.81ba09bf01afe83880d956e9d170cbcc.jpg

157306.jpg.d33faab22fdf33d801f843114984490a.jpg

157307.jpg.49ae607fc6ee787a6a9823d2bdd55544.jpg

157308.jpg.81c548d990a8917b3d34a1135499aeff.jpg

157309.jpg.6956c4b776673536a3e316d5e28a47bb.jpg