• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA AUGUST 27-29 SIGNATURE AUCTION

671 posts in this topic

They have two new information items on the auction site as well as the old one.

1-Page views...that is currently at 66,400..I assume items looked at after clicking on it in the main auction menu. This is total number of views by bidders, tracking members and general public including members which do not sign in.

2-Members tracking---whichI think is new 40,300...I would assume total number of tracked items currently in the auction, that number has been growing. Generally it is ten times the number of bidders by members who sign in and hit track button.

3-Internet/mail bidders, is only 6155 and has been going up slowly which is new, which means to be total number of real bidders either thru mail and internet..this is NOT the total number of bids on the 1330 items currently up for bid....you can have one item has 20 or 30 bids so far...currently the average number of bidders is about 5/6 per item so that is where the total comes from. total amount of bids is probably close to the tracking number in the range of 1/2 the number of tracked items. Tracking and page view can help gage the amount of potential interest there is in a rare piece such as this one.

For example:: I am bidding on the original Bill Ward Comic book price guide cover painting #8...I am currently the high bidder on the piece at $950 with BP $ 1,135.25

The number of different bidders currently is at 6 as of tonight. The number of persons tracking the piece is 82. Given the fact it is considered to be Bill Wards finest cover panting...and with the hand drawn logo.. and its 13 x 20 size...I believe the eventual number of bidders to be in the range of 10-11...with tracking at about 97 members. total Page views is at 400 tonight with the total to crack 1000 by the end of the auction.

If accurate, I find it very interesting that more than 6,000 people have bid on this auction with two weeks left to go. I would assume that bidding spikes after people begin receiving the printed catalog. Be interesting to see where the total ends up.

They have two new information items on the auction site as well as the old one.

1-Page views...that is currently at 66,400..I assume items looked at after clicking on it in the main auction menu. This is total number of views by bidders, tracking members and general public including members which do not sign in.

2-Members tracking---whichI think is new 40,300...I would assume total number of tracked items currently in the auction, that number has been growing. Generally it is ten times the number of bidders by members who sign in and hit track button.

3-Internet/mail bidders, is only 6155 and has been going up slowly which is new, which means to be total number of real bidders either thru mail and internet..this is NOT the total number of bids on the 1330 items currently up for bid....you can have one item has 20 or 30 bids so far...currently the average number of bidders is about 5/6 per item so that is where the total comes from. total amount of bids is probably close to the tracking number in the range of 1/2 the number of tracked items. Tracking and page view can help gage the amount of potential interest there is in a rare piece such as this one.

For example:: I am bidding on the original Bill Ward Comic book price guide cover painting #8...I am currently the high bidder on the piece at $950 with BP $ 1,135.25

The number of different bidders currently is at 6 as of tonight. The number of persons tracking the piece is 82. Given the fact it is considered to be Bill Wards finest cover panting...and with the hand drawn logo.. and its 13 x 20 size...I believe the eventual number of bidders to be in the range of 10-11...with tracking at about 97 members. total Page views is at 400 tonight with the total to crack 1000 by the end of the auction.

If accurate, I find it very interesting that more than 6,000 people have bid on this auction with two weeks left to go. I would assume that bidding spikes after people begin receiving the printed catalog. Be interesting to see where the total ends up.

I have noticed an usual and aggressive google ad campaign on this auction. The only other way It can be would be if Ha is adding the total number of bidders per each item and arriving at a total of 6000. So, if you bid say on 500 different items it would be 500 bidders...but that does not make sense to me as it would be mean the average item would only get about 4 bidders or 4 1/2. that is not the case with items I have bid on. For example I am top bidder currently on the complete 7 page EC classic story by Al Williamson titled " The Champion" from 1955...currently my bid is $1600 and with bp its $1900. However there are listed 7 internet/mail bidders currently on the piece with 44 members tracking and 194 page views wit no auction reserve on the piece. If I had to guess there were be 14 bidders/52 tracking at least and 500 plus views at the end. I don't have the exact answer, but I would guess Ha's client list of comic book collectors numbers at least 25,000 especially with the weekly auctions really taking off of late.

I'm seeing a lot more Heritage ads online of late too. But, they are probably just working differently with their agency than before, smartly using tools to reach those of us who have been bidders or visited their site at some point.

I'm seeing the same effect all the time online more and more. Visit a site, buy something somewhere, do a search... And next thing you know ads are showing up on all the sites you visit!

You no longer buy ads from a website hoping visitors will see it in rotation with other advertisers ads... Now you "buy" the user, based on his surfing history and deliver him your ad wherever he goes.

Minority Report is here already.

I'm already missing the good old days when the ads you saw were happenstance based on where companies thought was a good place to find customers.

tec 37 is at 33.5k ( with the juice) :ohnoez:

:o 3x what the last comparable copy went for??

there is only 1 universal copy in 7.5, this one ... which was recently graded.

Right, that's why I said comparable, I'm looking at the 8.5 that sold in 2009 on heritage for approx. 9k.

Have there been any other sales in that range since then, perhaps on clink or CC?

With the 37 price being this high, I am very curious how the CC Tec 36 8.0 will stack up.

Or the CC TEC 29 CGC 7.5...

When are these 2 Detectives coming up on the CC auction block?

Auction starts 9/7/15, ends 9/30/15.

Got my catalog today - even more tracking bids placed! :insane:

I would assume you are referring to the Heritage catalog?

Does CC ever send out catalogs for any of their auctions? ???

Just wondering since I have never ever received any from them, except for their "One Catalogue" way back in the 90's.

Just wondering since I have never ever received any from them, except for their "One Catalogue" way back in the 90's.

yes they do

yes they do

Vinnie comes to my house personally and does and interpretive dance of all the auction items. Emotionally riveting performance.