• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA AUGUST 27-29 SIGNATURE AUCTION

671 posts in this topic

I just got an alert of a book I've been looking for. Tracking is on!!!

Tracking? Put in a huge preemptive bid! Make 'em realize who they are dealing with! :sumo:

Apparently, that tactic is now called "price discovery". lol

just realized that aug 27th I'm on a plane to san pedro sula Honduras :cry:

Internet bid. (shrug)

by nature I am a live bidder only in heritage auctions. May have to make an exception this time

Be careful of the lag time. :gossip:

By the time you hit the big red button, you may actually end up bidding on the next lot instead of the one you was thinking of. ^^lol

I really like the new feature..number of bidders...internet and mail...total so far is 4,915...impressive. I also noticed the carl barks oil painting market is heating up with a 47K bid on a sailboat with BP

Tracking? Put in a huge preemptive bid! Make 'em realize who they are dealing with! :sumo:

I prefer counting the number of views, waiting for that optimal time to pounce. meh

Unfortunately I rarely discover it when established by others. But they usually discover mine.

How is the Yellow Kid run doing so far? Price discovery? :wishluck:

About $1,800 (w/BP).

Suspense 3 is cruising along at about $36K. Put me in the camp that sees it finishing north of $100K.

This is gonna be the first time we see a snapshot of how many actual bidders are out there on one of the major or probably the major comic art auction site worldwide.

The count so far is 6,037...I wonder if it will crack 10,000 bidders?

This is gonna be the first time we see a snapshot of how many actual bidders are out there on one of the major or probably the major comic art auction site worldwide.

Mitch, do you know how it works? I bid on about 100 items so it that going to be 100 of that 6037 to just 1?

Tracking Suspense #3 at about $35k so far. A good start this early. :golfclap:

Will it reach 100K? hm

(thumbs u

It should very interesting at least!

Yes, this could be the first non-super hero or non-Archie book to join the $100K club. (thumbs u

If it does go well over $100K, this book could also pave the way for other classic cover books to make the next move up in terms of valuation. hm

Mitch, do you know how it works? I bid on about 100 items so it that going to be 100 of that 6037 to just 1?

Great question - I assume 1, but very interested in a definitive answer,

They have two new information items on the auction site as well as the old one.

1-Page views...that is currently at 66,400..I assume items looked at after clicking on it in the main auction menu. This is total number of views by bidders, tracking members and general public including members which do not sign in.

2-Members tracking---whichI think is new 40,300...I would assume total number of tracked items currently in the auction, that number has been growing. Generally it is ten times the number of bidders by members who sign in and hit track button.

3-Internet/mail bidders, is only 6155 and has been going up slowly which is new, which means to be total number of real bidders either thru mail and internet..this is NOT the total number of bids on the 1330 items currently up for bid....you can have one item has 20 or 30 bids so far...currently the average number of bidders is about 5/6 per item so that is where the total comes from. total amount of bids is probably close to the tracking number in the range of 1/2 the number of tracked items. Tracking and page view can help gage the amount of potential interest there is in a rare piece such as this one.

For example:: I am bidding on the original Bill Ward Comic book price guide cover painting #8...I am currently the high bidder on the piece at $950 with BP $ 1,135.25

The number of different bidders currently is at 6 as of tonight. The number of persons tracking the piece is 82. Given the fact it is considered to be Bill Wards finest cover panting...and with the hand drawn logo.. and its 13 x 20 size...I believe the eventual number of bidders to be in the range of 10-11...with tracking at about 97 members. total Page views is at 400 tonight with the total to crack 1000 by the end of the auction.