• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago -- August 18-21, 2016

334 posts in this topic

For any fans of The Tick, I just saw that Ben Edlund will be attending WW Chicago to screen the pilot of The Tick that will air on Amazon and Twitch on August 19th. This is from WW's site...

"Ben Edlund. Born on a cranberry bog in the heart of New England. Raised on television at a time when there no choice but to watch Hogan's Heroes over and over. Well, there was always televised coverage of candlestick bowling, but that's tantamount to child abuse. At age 17, the unregulated influx of television, movies, and comics to which he was exposed reversed polarities and he began to regurgitate a twisted, humor-based superhero mythos centered around a weird blue avenger called THE TICK. He wrote and pencilled the first twelve issues of The Tick comic series starting in 1988, and went on to co-write and co-produce a Saturday morning cartoon series which aired on FOX for three seasons from 1994-96. Edlund did the same in 2001, in a short lived live-action Tick TV series which went from cancellation to cult status. From that point Edlund started writing and producing [and in some cases, directing] on shows such as Firefly, Angel, Supernatural, Gotham, and the Venture Bros. He counts himself lucky to have contributed to some of the coolest universes out there. Known for shameless plugging, he is about to engage on another journey with The Tick, a re-envisioned live action series produced by Sony and Amazon, appearing, as a pilot, for a month starting August 19th on Amazon Prime. Say! Why not take part in that journey and this biography by voting YES and turning the new Tick series into a real boy? Or a live fairy. Clap your hands and believe!"

Please note that once the pilot is watched in its entirety on Amazon you will be prompted to vote for Amazon to continue with a full length series. Please do so! :foryou:

Man, I'm from Chicago and I think the food here is the most overrated food in the country. People love it (world wide) and I just don't get it

Try living someplace else for 20 years. I loved it when I lived here (born and raised) and I miss the food so much.