• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jessica Jones Netflix Alias #1

494 posts in this topic

I think it's a legit key now, and will continue to be.

On the one hand, it was hyped upon release because of the Luke Cage sex scene; on the other, it cooled off within a few months & then lay dormant for a full decade --- so not a lot of people had these prior to the show announcement.

There will be a _lot_ more collectors/speculators/investors, etc. looking for this book now that the show's actually turned out to be good.

That's not how it works, though - the speculators/investors buy copies leading up the release of the show, with the hope that a collector will watch the show and go "OMG - that was fantastic, I need to buy me an Alias #1".

Which is why the prices always peak prior to the release of the show.

Well......... hm

I agree when the spike is but have a different theory as to why. ;)

On the one hand, it was hyped upon release because of the Luke Cage sex scene; on the other, it cooled off within a few months & then lay dormant for a full decade --- so not a lot of people had these prior to the show announcement.

There will be a _lot_ more collectors/speculators/investors, etc. looking for this book now that the show's actually turned out to be good.

But the show sucks. (shrug)

Does it get better after the 1st few?

Somewhat....but not by much. Like...."barely".....

Somewhat....but not by much. Like...."barely".....

If you can make it to episode 7 or 8 which is a long grind to get there. It's getting better, which still isn't saying much

Just lower your expectations by a bit - if you're expecting DD-type quality writing and acting, you'll be disappointed.

I was hoping for something close to the quality of DD. oh well, they can't all be hits. I was at a comic show yesterday and there were mixed reviews. I have yet to see anyone think that it's great. The 1st two episodes were tough to watch.

Some tweets from writers and artists.

Andy Diggle ‏@andydiggle 49m49 minutes ago

I want Jessica Jones to punch Kilgrave so hard his head comes off.

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS ‏@BRIANMBENDIS 2h2 hours ago

You don't need any more pats on the back for Jessica Jones,

Mike Norton ‏@themikenorton 13h13 hours ago Chicago, IL

I have seen 4 episodes of Jessica Jones instead of working this evening. I am happy about one of those things.

Katie Schenkel ‏@JustPlainTweets 15h15 hours ago

I honestly think Jessica Jones handles rape and emotional abuse better than nearly all other shows, but it's okay if you can't watch it.

The VergeVerified account ‏@verge 14h14 hours ago

Jessica Jones is the complicated, powerful heroine Marvel needed http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/19/9760514/jessica-jones-review-marvel-netflix-krysten-ritter?utm_campaign=theverge&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Matt PearceVerified account ‏@mattdpearce 13h13 hours ago

Why doesn't Jessica Jones just wear noise-canceling headphones?

Eric GoldmanVerified account ‏@TheEricGoldman 16h16 hours ago

Surprised to see people say Jessica Jones is slow-paced. Didn’t find that to be the case at all, unlike some other Netflix series.

Michael DeNicola ‏@michaeldenicola 11h11 hours ago Queens, NY

Here's a quick Jessica Jones. Just started watching this show. it's solid, really digging it. #inklungs

Brianna Wu ‏@Spacekatgal 11h11 hours ago

The iPad Pro has made me fall in love with Illustration again. Knocked this out in an hour watching #JessicaJones.

Do you think Marvel will launch a new comic book based on the new series like DC did with Flash?

Luke Cage and Iron Fist are shooting now and coming in 2016. The New Defenders will have Jessica Jones in it. Season 2 of Jessica Jones should be a cinch now. Where it falls into place in the series remains to be seen.

I have seen 4 episodes of Jessica Jones instead of working this evening. I am happy about one of those things.

I honestly think Jessica Jones handles rape and emotional abuse better than nearly all other shows, but it's okay if you can't watch it.

Jessica Jones is the complicated, powerful heroine Marvel needed http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/19/9760514/jessica-jones-review-marvel-netflix-krysten-ritter?utm_campaign=theverge&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Surprised to see people say Jessica Jones is slow-paced. Didn’t find that to be the case at all, unlike some other Netflix series.

Here's a quick Jessica Jones. Just started watching this show. it's solid, really digging it. #inklungs

The iPad Pro has made me fall in love with Illustration again. Knocked this out in an hour watching #JessicaJones.

Do you think Marvel will launch a new comic book based on the new series like DC did with Flash?

Luke Cage and Iron Fist are shooting now and coming in 2016. The New Defenders will have Jessica Jones in it. Season 2 of Jessica Jones should be a cinch now. Where it falls into place in the series remains to be seen.

I guess those people want to keep their jobs @ Marvel

or they want to work for them......

Is this supposed to be an endorsement?

Surprised to see people say Jessica Jones is slow-paced. Didnt find that to be the case at all, unlike some other Netflix series.

I guess those people want to keep their jobs @ Marvel

or they want to work for them......

Short of killing someone or raping someone or messing with kids, Marvel wouldn't fire Bendis even if he walked in & took a dump on Joe Q's desk.

I've enjoyed it a lot but I was a fan when the original book was hitting the LCS. Wife likes it too. (shrug)

The majority of the critics like it also. This board is about the only place I have seen any thing negative.

Fan boys ! its always that way.

What critics? It does seem like we're in a world where only positive comments are allowed.