• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jessica Jones Netflix Alias #1

494 posts in this topic

3 x 9.8 price when first to market, with no others on the census yet, a plausible argument for "cheap" could be made.

I'd have bought it for that if i had been aware of it (and sold the requisite 9.8s to break even) and it would never come back to market from my hands. I think an auction at heritage or comiclink would have pulled more than 1100.

Interesting that he turned down $1150 then accept $1100 the same day...

Doesn't show whether it was automatic.

true, but there are limits are there not, to how high the auto decline can be relative to the asking price.

auto decline of 1150 on 1300, either way, seems pretty unlikely.

Edited by CBT

Interesting that he turned down $1150 then accept $1100 the same day...

Doesn't show whether it was automatic.

true, but there are limits are there not, to how high the auto decline can be relative to the asking price.

auto decline of 1150 on 1300, either way, seems pretty unlikely.

I've been auto declined over $10.

3 x 9.8 price when first to market, with no others on the census yet, a plausible argument for "cheap" could be made.

I'd have bought it for that if i had been aware of it (and sold the requisite 9.8s to break even) and it would never come back to market from my hands. I think an auction at heritage or comiclink would have pulled more than 1100.

You're confusing "cheap" with maximum return. There is no debate as to whether it was cheap.

You're confusing "cheap" with maximum return. There is no debate as to whether it was cheap.

no, I am not. That how the original post you were quoting spoke of it, which is why I put "Cheap" in quotes when I was referring to it.

I was continuing the conversation forward, based on what the quoted user meant.

no, I am not. That how the original post you were quoting spoke of it, which is why I put "Cheap" in quotes when I was referring to it.

I was continuing the conversation forward, based on what the quoted user meant.

It ain't cheap no matter how you want to slice it.

I've been auto declined over $10.

If he auto-declined the 1150, and accepted 1100, "on the same day", I'd still classift that as interesting. A normal person would be a little bit more patient in seeing what other offers come in.

Definitely an interesting sale, sad I didnt know about it. If I had, it'd be in the mail on the way to my house already :)

I'm far more interested though, in whether there is enough demand to eat up the 9.8s being dumped on the market to time with the show's release. Supply isnt small, but neither is demand, if the demand side actually wins out things could get real interesting, real quick.

I guess you don't think we've hit the peak?

For Alias #1? No. I think the book has been speculated on for almost half a decade. I bought my first copies on TV rumors in 2011. Speculators have had years to buy up copies, the book has been concentrated in "weak hands" (those looking to sell) for a long long time.

As far as print runs go, its not small, but its not large. I strongly believe (and have argued before), that NYX #3 is the closest analogue to Alias #1. Similar print runs, era of printing, with strong female leads.

NYX #3 derived its value from collectors more than speculators. Alias #1 is in the process of moving from the latter to the former. I think they should be of similar value, with Alias #1 moving to slightly stronger over time.

Jessica Jones is now, and will be for generations to come, a mainstream Marvel character. She is not going anywhere, and people who think her book will be akin to any sort of Image type rise and fall TV book are wrong, very wrong.

All that being said, short term whether the price keeps rising, or has peaked, depends on how many books the speculators dump on the market. Hence, my comment about supply vs demand. I said the supply is not small, (speculators hoarding for several years), but neither is the demand (permanently main-streamed female superhero touching on very serious subjects). Which one wins over the next few months is anybody's guess.

Long term, until Alias #1 matches or exceeds NYX #3 in price, I dont think it has peaked.

But, that being said, I also believe no one should be paying $300-$500 for modern books, the entire comic market is a giant bubble, slabbed (CGC or otherwise) books are a giant bubble, modern comics are a giant bubble, tv/movie optioned books are a giant bubble, etc.

Pricing is relative which I why I answered without a numerical value for a peak. If the whole market corrects, my view remains unchanged. Alias #1 is an analogue to NYX #3, it is now a true modern key, and should match or exceed NYX #3's value to be considered at its peak imo.

Edited by CBT

I guess you don't think we've hit the peak?

For Alias #1? No. I think the book has been speculated on for almost half a decade. I bought my first copies on TV rumors in 2011. Speculators have had years to buy up copies, the book has been concentrated in "weak hands" (those looking to sell) for a long long time.

As far as print runs go, its not small, but its not large. I strongly believe (and have argued before), that NYX #3 is the closest analogue to Alias #1. Similar print runs, era of printing, with strong female leads.

NYX #3 derived its value from collectors more than speculators. Alias #1 is in the process of moving from the latter to the former. I think they should be of similar value, with Alias #1 moving to slightly stronger over time.

Jessica Jones is now, and will be for generations to come, a mainstream Marvel character. She is not going anywhere, and people who think her book will be akin to any sort of Image type rise and fall TV book are wrong, very wrong.

All that being said, short term whether the price keeps rising, or has peaked, depends on how many books the speculators dump on the market. Hence, my comment about supply vs demand. I said the supply is not small, (speculators hoarding for several years), but neither is the demand (permanently main-streamed female superhero touching on very serious subjects). Which one wins over the next few months is anybody's guess.

Long term, until Alias #1 matches or exceeds NYX #3 in price, I dont think it has peaked.

But, that being said, I also believe no one should be paying $300-$500 for modern books, the entire comic market is a giant bubble, slabbed (CGC or otherwise) books are a giant bubble, modern comics are a giant bubble, tv/movie optioned books are a giant bubble, etc.

Pricing is relative which I why I answered without a numerical value for a peak. If the whole market corrects, my view remains unchanged. Alias #1 is an analogue to NYX #3, it is now a true modern key, and should match or exceed NYX #3's value to be considered at its peak imo.

Interesting. Any examples to back up these claims?

You asked me what I thought, I answered, I dont make a "claim" to my own opinion. The future will show if I am right or wrong. That I happen to be Ty Cobb, well hey :) it is what it is ;)

You asked me what I thought, I answered, I dont make a "claim" to my own opinion. The future will show if I am right or wrong. That I happen to be Ty Cobb, well hey :) it is what it is ;)

Gotcha. Why would this book be different than any others that have gone through this.