• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jessica Jones Netflix Alias #1

494 posts in this topic

I've enjoyed it a lot but I was a fan when the original book was hitting the LCS. Wife likes it too. (shrug)

The majority of the critics like it also. This board is about the only place I have seen any thing negative.

Fan boys ! its always that way.

What critics? It does seem like we're in a world where only positive comments are allowed.

Now that the initial (and expected) gush of enthusiasm is waning, more and more less favorable reviews and comments are starting to appear on imdb as well, as people are starting to look under the hood and past the sheen that is the "Marvel Brand".

I don't this show will hold up for the long haul. It was obviously an experiment, it just didn't work out. I still give Marvel credit for trying it though.

-J.

I've enjoyed it a lot but I was a fan when the original book was hitting the LCS. Wife likes it too. (shrug)

The majority of the critics like it also. This board is about the only place I have seen any thing negative.

What critics? It does seem like we're in a world where only positive comments are allowed.

Now that the initial (and expected) gush of enthusiasm is waning, more and more less favorable reviews and comments are starting to appear on imdb as well, as people are starting to look under the hood and past the sheen that is the "Marvel Brand".

I don't this show will hold up for the long haul. It was obviously an experiment, it just didn't work out. I still give Marvel credit for trying it though.

-J.

Still 91% on Rotten Tomatoes and 8.9 out of 10 on IMDB. Its tanking like the Titanic... lol

It would only be a disappointment to those expecting perfection and certainly far from a failure. I liked it well enough to buy 2 more #1's yesterday. :banana:

But, I think we can say with confidence that slabbed 9.8's will maintain the 250 to 300 range. NM raws will comfortably live in the 100 to 125 range. In addition, the book has jumped about $40 for raws in the last month, and about $75 for slabs. Maybe not alot of growth left, but the prices should be stable.

Definitely WILL NOT be a $100 raw book.

Wanna take that back?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alias-2001-Marvel-1-NM-9-2-9-4-1st-App-Jessica-Jones-NETFLIX-DAREDEVIL-HOT-/291617194280?hash=item43e5bd4128:g:z40AAOSwT4lWSNzZ

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alias-1-Jessica-Jones-1st-app-NM-TO-NM-TV-SHOW-COMING-/231759099904?hash=item35f5eb3800:g:D7UAAOSwcdBWTpGW

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALIAS-1-2-3-Marvel-MAX-2001-FIRST-PRINTS-1st-Appearance-of-JESSICA-JONES-Netflix-/172003519285?hash=item280c356b35:g:WHAAAOSwIwhWTT3Z

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alias-1-NETFLIX-DAREDEVIL-BENDIS-GAYDOS-9-6-1st-JESSICA-JONES-NM-/262152012184?hash=item3d097a4198:g:bpQAAOSwLzdWTqSI

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALIAS-1-HIGH-GRADE-2001-MARVEL-MAX-COMICS-1st-JESSICA-JONES-NETFLIX-/201470733081?hash=item2ee8976b19:g:T8gAAOSwv-NWT9r4

Thanks, I did my research. For the past 2 weeks NM have been consistent on eBay around $100, this is a $40 jump from late September.

Nope, not taking anything back, as quoted:

But, I think we can say with confidence that slabbed 9.8's will maintain the 250 to 300 range. NM raws will comfortably live in the 100 to 125 range.

-J.

"It just didn't work out " - for you and some others. The way you say things on here , like they are facts , make me lol many times

Right!? This show is incredible. The rotten tomatoes score is indicating that it's a hit. I think it's working out just fine. I'd be curious to know what comic book related shows the people who aren't digging it like...

-J.

"It just didn't work out " - for you and some others. The way you say things on here , like they are facts , make me lol many times

JJ may turn out to be a show that is liked better by non-comic people. It is not like any other comic books show I have seen, and that may be why it is getting mixed reactions by the comic readers community. You always take a risk when you try something different, for some it just did not work out. Your opinion. I like it and my non-comic reading friends really like it.

Despite that raw are still selling for $100. :P