• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You know, we could sit here and point fingers all day...

267 posts in this topic

I really dislike the acceptance of PM purchases, for this reason.

I have always felt that all purchases should be consumated in the thread.

ie; PM deals are fine. But buyer or seller MUST post :takeit: or "SOLD! per PM", in the thread to finalize the deal. Until such is posted, there is no deal. Therefore everyone knows what is available and what is not.

Eliminating any question of impropriety on the sellers part.

The way I handled this was to state that PMs don't win the book until I am able to post the book was purchased. If someone beats my post that the book was no longer available, they win.

You guys can all talk and joke about whiners and "just grow up' and whatnot, but transparency and fairness are worthy of discussion.

That thread was thread-crapped by a bunch of whiners. That is the real shame here.

Books are bought and sold via PM all the time here, and what occurred was soundly within the sellers rules.

I wish you crappers would go remove your insensitive, whiny posts.

Agreed!

Although I did pile on the threads rapping with my own opinions. :(

Don't you always?? lol

I tend to hide in the post count thread posting endless emoticons. :)

ie; PM deals are fine. But buyer or seller MUST post :takeit: or "SOLD! per PM", in the thread to finalize the deal. Until such is posted, there is no deal. Therefore everyone knows what is available and what is not.

The way I handled this was to state that PMs don't win the book until I am able to post the book was purchased. If someone beats my post that the book was no longer available, they win.

You guys can all talk and joke about whiners and "just grow up' and whatnot, but transparency and fairness are worthy of discussion.

If that was the discussion.

wow! Logic and Reason in this thread...

now we're on to something!

:golfclap:

I will state my opinion, if anyone cares about that situation. I tend to speak with my wallet, and will not be doing business with that guy due to his rules. Personally I do not believe he sold the book in pm, instead figured out quickly what a steal he gave the buyer. This is only my opinion. I'll have to read everyone's rules now, if that's the common set of rules I will no longer be buying. And a lot of people I deal with, I do purchase in pm, but not within a 3 minute time frame.

I also agree with whoever said there should be "steals" around here, it definitely makes me a repeat buyer even if the next book I purchase is in the sellers favor. 2c

This is wild. If I'm discussing a book with a buyer and we agree to terms and I say in that PM something like 'OK, we have a deal'....we have a deal, period. I've told you that we have a deal. I don't care how long it takes me to post it in the thread that the book is sold. And, if you (I'm using the "collective" you...not you personally) want to question my propriety surrounding such action, go find your nearest beach, dump some sand on your head, and pound it. 2c

Of course, I make this clear in my sales thread rules.

Yep

Offer plus acceptance equals contract

You dont have to publish that in order to 'activate' the contract

The problem arises because there's 2 possible ways to accept the offer-in Pm and in Thread

Legally whichever comes first is the legitimate contract I believe but I am not a lawyer

This is just what I gather from watching Judge Judy

I will state my opinion, if anyone cares about that situation. I tend to speak with my wallet, and will not be doing business with that guy due to his rules. Personally I do not believe he sold the book in pm, instead figured out quickly what a steal he gave the buyer. This is only my opinion. I'll have to read everyone's rules now, if that's the common set of rules I will no longer be buying. And a lot of people I deal with, I do purchase in pm, but not within a 3 minute time frame.

I also agree with whoever said there should be "steals" around here, it definitely makes me a repeat buyer even if the next book I purchase is in the sellers favor. 2c

So you purchase books in PM, but now you won't buy from anyone who sells books via PM?

This is wild. If I'm discussing a book with a buyer and we agree to terms and I say in that PM something like 'OK, we have a deal'....we have a deal, period. I've told you that we have a deal. I don't care how long it takes me to post it in the thread that the book is sold. And, if you (I'm using the "collective" you...not you personally) want to question my propriety surrounding such action, go find your nearest beach, dump some sand on your head, and pound it. 2c

Of course, I make this clear in my sales thread rules.

So what happens if you start PM at 1101, guy responds to you at 1103 and you finalize it at 1105, but meanwhile someone hits the I'll take it at 1104.

So you purchase books in PM, but now you won't buy from anyone who sells books via PM?

I should have explained better. I purchase books that generally are not for sale lol, meaning Ed in the Jimmy Olsen 134 club posted a book, and I asked him about it and ended up buying it.

In regards to sellers selling in PM, that's fine but IMO they should show a TIME STAMP of the pm to reflect the time of the sale then.