• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s MOON KNIGHT series starring Oscar Isaac (2022)
7 7

563 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2022 at 10:10 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Production value looks good, but I'm not sure that I like the suit. I'll give it a chance (sorry Black Widow, Hawkeye). During the holidays, my younger brother told me that he's trying to get into Moon Knight comics. "He's basically Marvel Batman". Lol, yup.

*Waves pocket-watch in front of you*

You are getting sleepy. 

You love the costume. 

You love the costume...... 

I'm excited and nervous for this at the same time. Moon Knight is such a complex character with all the personalities. On top of that, you have a god that gives him abilities for a short time, then takes them away. 

Just curious to see how they handle all of it.

On 1/18/2022 at 10:48 PM, bentbryan said:

Looking forward to this as Moonknight has always been one of my faves but I don’t like the look of the costume, nor the suit that puts itself on. 

I don't want to sit there for 40 minutes watching him wrap himself up each time he gets into costume. 

I feel like that's some kind of fetish... 

On 1/18/2022 at 9:29 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I don't want to sit there for 40 minutes watching him wrap himself up each time he gets into costume. 

I feel like that's some kind of fetish... 

Yeah, remember when the Spider-Man movies had literally a 1 hour scenes of him putting on his costume! Thank god they finally managed to get these movies under 2 hours by way of introducing his nano-Stark armor. 

On 1/18/2022 at 9:41 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Yeah, remember when the Spider-Man movies had literally a 1 hour scenes of him putting on his costume! Thank god they finally managed to get these movies under 2 hours by way of introducing his nano-Stark armor. 

Those underwear and socks scenes still needed better CGI

On 1/18/2022 at 2:48 AM, bentbryan said:

Looking forward to this as Moonknight has always been one of my faves but I don’t like the look of the costume, nor the suit that puts itself on. 

I have a feeling he might have more than one suit, or it evolves. We'll see. 

A star from the upcoming Moon Knight series has died after a ski accident. Gaspard Ulliel was said to be in serious condition according to ABC News. The French actor was riding along in the Alps when he suffered an accident on the slopes. Savoie's prosecutor's office say that the incident occurred in the Rosiere ski area. Ulliel was reported to have a skull injury. France Bleu claims that he collided with another skier at a crossing point. In the news report, the authorities claim that there have been more accidents near the site of this one as the snow has hardened in recent days. Television fans will remember him from Hannibal Rising back in 2007. Since then, he's been the face of multiple modeling campaigns. One huge one was Chanel's rollout for Bleu de Chanel.

In Moon Knight, there is speculation that Ulliel was playing Anton Mogart. Fans of the hero will recognize that name as the identity of The Midnight Man. With the conceit of multiple personalities, it would make a ton of senes to have the French actor play off of Oscar Isaac. Steven Grant has no idea about the other personas he's living with in the trailer for the show. Having another antagonist besides Ethan Hawke does make a ton of sense.

On 1/18/2022 at 7:10 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Production value looks good, but I'm not sure that I like the suit. I'll give it a chance (sorry Black Widow, Hawkeye). During the holidays, my younger brother told me that he's trying to get into Moon Knight comics. "He's basically Marvel Batman". Lol, yup.

Visually I will agree but if the whole multiple personality thing which is introduced in the Bill S run and expanded upon in more recent years in some excellent runs, is the real different maker for me. 

Aside from the interwebs, who "confirmed" the character played by Ethan Hawke? I have a feeling the name given was a bit of a lark and that we might see the name Arthur Harrow given to the character but the character he plays will actually resemble someone else. Just seems too niche to make the focal point of an entire season is all. 

I will say though that of all the Disney+ stuff to come out, this is the one I am going to keep up with. I kept up with Wandavision because nothing else was on, Cap and Winter Solider was ok but I wasn't as on top of it, Loki I still need to finish and I havent even started Hakweye. This though will be watched as they come out because of my genuine joy for the character. 

On 1/19/2022 at 12:04 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Aside from the interwebs, who "confirmed" the character played by Ethan Hawke? I have a feeling the name given was a bit of a lark and that we might see the name Arthur Harrow given to the character but the character he plays will actually resemble someone else. Just seems too niche to make the focal point of an entire season is all. 

I will say though that of all the Disney+ stuff to come out, this is the one I am going to keep up with. I kept up with Wandavision because nothing else was on, Cap and Winter Solider was ok but I wasn't as on top of it, Loki I still need to finish and I havent even started Hakweye. This though will be watched as they come out because of my genuine joy for the character. 

Hawkeye was very good.