• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s MOON KNIGHT series starring Oscar Isaac (2022)
7 7

563 posts in this topic

I know nothing about Moon Knight - he appeared right after my first stint of collecting.  I enjoyed it.  Lots of stuff to absorb packed into a first episode.  I'll be interested in the explanation of why he reverts back to Steven when he's still under obvious threat, rather than eliminating it first.

I was so busy noodling over the mystery of the situation I ignored the scenery.

‘Moon Knight’ Appears To Be Building Up Doctor Doom And Latveria

Yesterday marked the premiere of Moon Knight on Disney Plus, the first MCU series there that does not have an existing MCU character to anchor it, but Oscar Isaac is giving it his all regardless.

I remember when the Moon Knight trailer first came out, there were theories that there were Doctor Doom teases because of a truck that said “Von D-“ on it. That truck turned out to say “von Darrelman” in the end, seemingly killing the theory. But now that Moon Knight is here, I have to say that it very, very much seems like this is leading toward Doctor Doom the way Hawkeye was teasing the return of Kingpin from the start. My friend Andrew Reiner of Game Informer pointed this out to me:

I mean…we’re in Latveria, right?

This very well could just be an introduction to Latveria as a location in the MCU, similar to how we’ve explored other fictional nations like Wakanda, and Doom himself may not appear. But Moon Knight and Doctor Doom do have some amount of history in the comics, so it would not be out the question to see them face off.

Did-Moon-Knight-Introduce-a-Key-Marvel-Location.thumb.jpg.a18eda75be34fb1af0a7c62f9c2770f1.jpg

I really liked it and hope they keep the gritty MK nature to complement the Marvel Netflix shows Disney recently acquired. 

I enjoy Oscar Isaac and his range is amazing. Honestly, I’d probably watch him read the phone book at this point, so my opinions on this show should be taken with a lionizing grain of salt. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

I thought the first episode was good, obviously setting up the story.  Moon Knight was one of the first superhero comics I read so I’m really hoping for a great show. I’m just still not crazy about the costume but we haven’t seen much yet so maybe it will grow on me. 

I haven't kept up with the Moon Knight books from the last 20 years.

My memory from the first series is he had four different identities.

Is that still canon - or has it now been expanded to "as many as the writer wants?"

On 4/1/2022 at 10:00 AM, jsilverjanet said:

the first 20 minutes were cringe worthy for me, was everyone's british accent turned all the way up?

it was ok 

I didn’t pay attention to the other accents, but I think Steven Grant’s accent was supposed to be bad. Marc Spector is supposed to be from Chicago, right? 

On 4/1/2022 at 9:09 AM, awakeintheashes said:

I didn’t pay attention to the other accents, but I think Steven Grant’s accent was supposed to be bad. Marc Spector is supposed to be from Chicago, right? 

I don't know. I thought the lady on the gift shop was over the top. Maybe I was over sensitive because I had watch other stuff recently will dull accents. I did want to turn it off after 20 minutes cause it was hurting my ears.

On 4/1/2022 at 10:13 AM, jsilverjanet said:

I don't know. I thought the lady on the gift shop was over the top. Maybe I was over sensitive because I had watch other stuff recently will dull accents. I did want to turn it off after 20 minutes cause it was hurting my ears.

I’ll have to pay attention to it next time. You could be right. I guess I’m just desensitized to that sort of thing after being exposed to Jude Law’s American accent in I Heart Huckabees 

On 4/1/2022 at 10:00 AM, jsilverjanet said:

the first 20 minutes were cringe worthy for me, was everyone's british accent turned all the way up?

I haven't seen it yet but I too object to turned-up Britlander speak. We should never be forced to appreciate it. Think how much of a headache it was for a Florida Cracker such as I am to understand Monty Python 40 years ago.  

:frustrated:

Marvel's Moon Knight is getting review-bombed on IMDB. Now, this isn't your typical fandom squabble but instead a reaction to a quick moment in Episode 1. People noticed that Ethan Hawke's character mentioned the Armenian genocide during a list of bad events from the past that Ammit would have prevented. That led to people ranking it lowly on IMDB. Usually, this practice is tied to people just not enjoying the show or carrying the banner for a competitor but that's not the case here. Multiple people on Twitter have noted the action and there's been no response by Marvel about this yet. Still, fans are very confused to log onto the database and see Moon Knight inundated with so many low scores.