• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s MOON KNIGHT series starring Oscar Isaac (2022)
7 7

563 posts in this topic

I am still enjoying it.  Sure, episode 3 was a bit slower, but I just assume they are filling in some details as we head into the last 3 episodes.  I am just happy that both my wife and daughter, neither who are into comics or comic book movies, are asking to watch this and seem to be enjoying it.   To me, that says something.  Also, a local talk radio host brought up the show early this week.  He also praised the show and said he doesn't normally enjoy comic book movies.  He liked the premise of this series, and was curious to see how this show would evolve.  I think it says something when it can reach an audience not normally into comic books.  

On 4/14/2022 at 7:29 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

A TV show's job is to keep the viewer interested. If it fails to do that, then it loses its audience.

There are plenty of movies that you can judge after 60 minutes.

One is not obligated to complete a journey that feels wholly unsatisfying.

I bailed after episode 1.

The show is a little more sizzle than steak so far.  MK fighting that demon creature on the rooftops was the highlight for me so far. But my wife and I enjoy it. Not everything has to be the same level of Sopranos or Breaking Bad or The Red Wedding in GoT. 

On 4/14/2022 at 1:58 PM, Bosco685 said:

:whatthe:

Now put on your "MCU fan watching other studio property" glasses and say that again.

:baiting:

Be nice.  I love HQ the animated series.

Peacemaker wasn't my cup of tea but I haven't slagged it (openly) on the boards.

1st episode was legit good.  I know NOTHING about Moon Knight and was completely sucked into whatever the hell was going on and the horror elements were great.  

2nd episode I left feeling like I just watched a totally different show.  The amount of exposition that Ethan Hawke's character is giving and then Marc's wife? Stephen being so unlikeable? Yeesh.  Also, Khonshu's voice acting is badddddd (and I LOVE FMA as an actor).  

I'll watch the 3rd tonight but it was such a huge drop in quality from the 1st to the 2nd that I don't have high hopes.  

I'm enjoying it. I've read some of the later MK series but am not altogether familiar with the character, so maybe i find it interesting because it is relatively unknown to me. I loved the first episode, enjoyed the 2nd and while i admit there were some poor decisions in the execution of the trial, i'm still interested because I'm curious about the character. The storyline is not incredibly interesting at times (nothing new with comicbook movies) but at this point in my life I enjoy the slow burn of character development and less the CGI action.

I have been wanting this to be awesome... not so much... it's not a bad show... but what's been going on (to me)... is 2nd or 3rd season type stuff, certainly wouldn't lead with it... intro the character, crack some skulls, some origin stuff, start to roll out the crazy... MK has a very varied history from when I was a kid to now... I've been going back and catching up... some of the material is great... some meh... he isn't all there, now anyways... i'll have to re-watch all the episodes when its finished and see how I feel after that

On 4/14/2022 at 4:33 PM, Beastfeast said:

1st episode was legit good.  I know NOTHING about Moon Knight and was completely sucked into whatever the hell was going on and the horror elements were great.  

2nd episode I left feeling like I just watched a totally different show.  The amount of exposition that Ethan Hawke's character is giving and then Marc's wife? Stephen being so unlikeable? Yeesh.  Also, Khonshu's voice acting is badddddd (and I LOVE FMA as an actor).  

I'll watch the 3rd tonight but it was such a huge drop in quality from the 1st to the 2nd that I don't have high hopes.  

On 4/14/2022 at 9:51 PM, ashsaytr said:

I have been wanting this to be awesome... not so much... it's not a bad show... but what's been going on (to me)... is 2nd or 3rd season type stuff, certainly wouldn't lead with it... intro the character, crack some skulls, some origin stuff, start to roll out the crazy... MK has a very varied history from when I was a kid to now... I've been going back and catching up... some of the material is great... some meh... he isn't all there, now anyways... i'll have to re-watch all the episodes when its finished and see how I feel after that

Yeah i had such high hopes but the 3rd episode wasn't that great. 

Going to watch  tokyo vice instead..

The show's fine.  I know literally nothing about Moon Knight so this is the first Marvel show that's just all surprises for me.  Importantly, as noted by others, the folks in my house who are completely indifferent to comics (and also know nothing about Moon Knight) like it a lot.