• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s MOON KNIGHT series starring Oscar Isaac (2022)
7 7

563 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2022 at 4:21 AM, Hawkman said:

Stop relying on stupid review websites and use your own eyes and ears and opinions.

Oh, I agree.

Too much manipulation and at times bias built into the critic and aggregated moviegoer review systems.

On 4/2/2022 at 7:19 PM, Hawkman said:

Easily my favorite Marvel tv show already. I’ve seen the first ep five times and it only gets better. I cannot wait for the other five episodes and really hope Isaac continues as Moon Knight after that.

First episodes, and even first season's are formative.  Everyone is not in the swing of how the completed project will look and feel.   But typically the tv shows are designed to come in somewhat under their movie cousins.   The writing budget is so flamboyant. 

In my opinion IMDB should let users review movies/shows like maybe six months after the release date. Like with this Moon Knight in first day it had many perfect 10 scores with reviews like OMG another winner, best show ever, Kevin Feige delivered another classic... so kinda those one scores that Moon Knight is now having are fixing that overall score. Anyways I have not seen Moon Knight yet. I think I will wait till May so I have Obi-wan and the whole Moon Knight show to watch.

Edited by godzilla43

On 4/2/2022 at 4:39 AM, Microchip said:

Is that accurate about the review bombs?

Unfortunately it goes both ways with these user review sites.

As was noted many were giving the pilot a 10 (we haven't even seen enough for that yet) while many were giving it a 1-2 (total trash? Not even).

So users manipulating a review system.

I enjoyed E1. 

I wondered what might happen with the Armenian Genocide reference. In this hyper-sensitive world, it surprised me that Disney would insert it into the dialogue.

One day our culture will mature & realize that what folks post online doesn't reflect reality.

On 4/2/2022 at 5:32 AM, TupennyConan said:

I enjoyed E1. 

I wondered what might happen with the Armenian Genocide reference. In this hyper-sensitive world, it surprised me that Disney would insert it into the dialogue.

One day our culture will mature & realize that what folks post online doesn't reflect reality.

was i correct about the english accents?

On 4/2/2022 at 10:26 AM, jsilverjanet said:

was i correct about the english accents?

Pretty much. Also, I have a hearing disability. One more reason to detest them. When Marc does his Chicago accent at the end, I felt at ease.

On 4/1/2022 at 6:31 PM, TupennyConan said:

I haven't seen it yet but I too object to turned-up Britlander speak. We should never be forced to appreciate it. Think how much of a headache it was for a Florida Cracker such as I am to understand Monty Python 40 years ago.  

:frustrated:

I haven’t seen it, but hopefully it isn’t posh Received English or bad Cockney, once again. We have many other accents.

Rewatched it with my wife and daughter (neither are into comics) and both enjoyed the show.  They were both hoping that the next episode was available.  

Spoiler

…..and yes, that does look like Latveria with Dr. Doom coming…

image.thumb.png.2c7b0a8f83e071915f3bcb97fc2c1fb9.png

Was disappointed. The music was so cheesy, that it felt like Deadpool and even worse, it was 10 minutes worth of story stretched to 45. This would probably be condensed to a good movie, but as a series, I think I'm out.

On 4/2/2022 at 9:13 PM, habsfan1 said:

Rewatched it with my wife and daughter (neither are into comics) and both enjoyed the show.  They were both hoping that the next episode was available.  

Hide contents

…..and yes, that does look like Latveria with Dr. Doom coming…

image.thumb.png.2c7b0a8f83e071915f3bcb97fc2c1fb9.png

Alas, they show the rest of that box / logo in the episode and it doesn't say Von Doom.

Having a basic understanding of Moon Knight, I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode. I like the fact that they haven't shown Marc Spector yet. It is currently only from the Steven Grant's persona. This makes me want to see more as there is something unknown happening. I like that idea.

Was it perfect? No. But it gives me high hopes for the rest of the season.

This reminds me of the Christian Slater tv show My Own Worst Enemy

Two very big thumbs up for me.

On 4/1/2022 at 7:57 PM, mr_highgrade said:

I wasn't expecting much from this show, but I really liked it. Hopefully it just keeps getting better. :wishluck:

Same here. Being an old time MK fan I was afraid they would muck this up. And while they did to an extent as I really recognize little from the original MK, it really engaged me. Enjoyed it a lot and feel the old MK refs etc will be more manifest as the series progresses. I'm really looking forward to the next episode. Sadly I've gotten so tired of the myriad comic book based shows and movies lately can't get through most of them. For me this began with Wonder Woman 1984 (still only half through it) and carried on to Black Widow (same - made it half way), and shows like Falcon, Bobba Fett and even later eps of Mandalorian. At least I still can go back to Ant Man, Guardians, Deadpool and their original ilk and enjoy them every bit as much as when I first saw them. So here's hoping MK gets the job done!

Spoiler

Oddly (or not so oddly) this reminded me of the Venom "One" (2018) movie with the sudden shifting of capabilities/personalities. I enjoyed that Venom as well. 

Finally had a chance to discuss it with a few comic friends last night. This might be the first MCU release outside of big event films (like Infinity War/Endgame) where everyone was positive about it overall (with various minor quibbles here that are too be expected of every release). I think I liked it more than most, nostalgic Moon Knight bias of course, but structurally felt like one of the more solid offerings (some questionable CGI and odd music cues, but otherwise the bones were solid and pacing was good so that any surface level aesthetic issues felt minor)

Edited by Sauce Dog