• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s MOON KNIGHT series starring Oscar Isaac (2022)
7 7

563 posts in this topic

On 4/27/2022 at 1:39 PM, Sauce Dog said:

It was excellent to see all the trauma unwrapped.

I agree with everything you said. It wasn’t planned this way, but the foot dragging through the first four episodes really caused the trauma unwrapped in this episode to have an extra punch to the gut. 

Oscar Isaac did a great job on this one, IMO. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 4/28/2022 at 12:02 AM, piper said:

I had no gripes with episode 5. I struggle to see how they wrap this up in one episode.

My gripe I guess is that there is not a lot of MoonKnight and too much character development. The whole episode could have been summed up in like 5 minutes followed by more action driven sequences. Personally I am not watching the MCU for insightful drama and dialogue. This series is sort of reminding me of The Book of Bobba Fett in those 2 episodes where he wasn’t even in the episodes.

Edited by Xenosmilus

Overall, episode 5 was my favorite so far. Yet, I feel like I'm still on a hamster wheel with the story. Harrow is out there doing evil stuff while Marc is in Egyptian Purgatory/Mental Break.  The Psych Ward reminded me of the Underground in Doom Patrol. 

On 4/28/2022 at 7:37 AM, Xenosmilus said:

My gripe I guess is that there is not a lot of MoonKnight and too much character development. The whole episode could have been summed up in like 5 minutes followed by more action driven sequences. Personally I am not watching the MCU for insightful drama and dialogue. This series is sort of reminding me of The Book of Bobba Fett in those 2 episodes where he wasn’t even in the episodes.

I think the issue is that we were all led to believe it would be an action focused show like the rest of the MCU, and is what the trailers showed, but instead it’s a character drama. Had we all known that ahead of time I think we’d view it differently. 

That may explain the wildly differing views on the show that @Bosco685 has highlighted. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 4/28/2022 at 10:48 AM, jsilverjanet said:

Just finished episode 5

the show has been weak, poorly developed 

i understand how some of you might like it (because it's different), but has not been executed well

IMHO show needed more episodes or less on the character development. The former is my choice.   

In pretty much a first for the Disney+ Marvel TV shows, the key books are dropping value in reported sales rather than increasing while the show is on-air.  The Moon Knight property be coolin'. Those who purchased at the highs may take big losses.  Of course the smart never purchase at going rate when red-hot.

Edited by MAR1979

On 4/28/2022 at 11:45 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I think that it's time we all realize that these shows do not exist to tell a finite story, or even finite chapter of the characters they're subjecting us to. They're just commercials - or extremely long credit scenes - so that you watch the next movie they're in.

WandaVision -> Becomes Scarlet Witch, no consequences or resolution.
Loki -> Opens up the multiverse, no conclusion. That being said, they created this show with the intent of having multiple seasons, so I will give it a 'pass' (for now).
Falcon & The Winter Soldier -> Sam becomes Captain America, some resolution to the problems that arose, but ultimately meaningless other than the mantle being acquired.
Hawkeye -> Commercial for his replacement, who will be equally useless against other-worldly beings.
Moon Knight -> Inconclusive, but seemingly no real resolution in sight.

I guess that's why they all are completely trash to me after having seen the Watchmen series.

I disagree.

Thought both WandaVision and Falcon & The Winter Soldier worked as discrete seasons and stories. Which is important - and something the Netflix shows consistently got right.

And to me the most important part of WandaVision is it established her firmly as a villain - or, at best - an antihero.

What she did to the townsfolk was unconscionable - and that's even before the killing of soldiers both outside of and within the bubble.

While she and Pietro were originally introduced in Ultron as villains, we clearly see her transition to a hero over the subsequent movies - and one who ultimately nearly single-handedly beats Thanos.

So she's firmly in the superhero category at the start of WandaVision - and by the end she's overtly not.

Which, btw, is a brilliant twist on House of M and pretty much what I wanted from the series. To establish that:

1) She's roughly as powerful as Dr. Strange (or moreso); and

2) She's psycho - bat-mess f---kin crazy.

I got both. 

On 4/28/2022 at 11:54 AM, Gatsby77 said:

And to me the most important part of WandaVision is it established her firmly as a villain - or, at best - an antihero.

What she did to the townsfolk was unconscionable - and that's even before the killing of soldiers both outside of and within the bubble.

So she's firmly in the superhero category at the start of WandaVision - and by the end she's overtly not.

2) She's psycho - bat-mess f---kin crazy.

And none of this was resolved...

On 4/28/2022 at 10:10 AM, MAR1979 said:

IMHO show needed to be more episodes or less on the character development. The former is my choice.   

In pretty much a first for the Disney+ Marvel TV shows the key books are dropping value in reported sales rather than increasing while the show is on-air.  The Moon Knight property be coolin'. Those who purchased at the highs may take big losses.  Of course the smart never buy books when red-hot.

this show is surprising to me because the one thing Disney always gets right (or almost always) is execution

this show seems not well thought out over the 6 episodes

On 4/28/2022 at 1:11 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Oscar Isaac probably deserves an award for his performance, at least. I think that he really pulled off a lot of range, despite not thinking that this series is anything special.

Agreed. I liked all the episodes so far, and while a part of me wishes there was some MK or Mr. Knight in E5, I understand why they did it this way. After slowly taking off the layers of this character, you get the emotional payoff in E5. The only bad part is there is only episode left and we really haven't see any extended action scenes with MK or Mr. Knight. And what about the third personality we've been teased with? Is Jake only going to appear in the last episode only?