• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s MOON KNIGHT series starring Oscar Isaac (2022)
7 7

563 posts in this topic

I do hope Moon Knight makes his way into a movie next, and puts this show behind the character. As it felt like the show runners over-emphasized the Egyptian influences and mental disabilities for the sake of history and sympathy at the sacrifice of story. Yet it was Oscar Isaac that helped at least deliver a performance that left me wanting to see them move it on to the next phase. Don't keep beating the drum of multiple personalities and not focus more on a developing story.

And please. Bring back Henrietta Hippo. It brings back childhood memories.

385e2d9d003221c945e5601fb7372bcb.jpg.d54a025eed9f4aaee4a726a4b23162d7.jpg

On 5/10/2022 at 3:20 AM, Bosco685 said:

I do hope Moon Knight makes his way into a movie next, and puts this show behind the character. As it felt like the show runners over-emphasized the Egyptian influences and mental disabilities for the sake of history and sympathy at the sacrifice of story. Yet it was Oscar Isaac that helped at least deliver a performance that left me wanting to see them move it on to the next phase. Don't keep beating the drum of multiple personalities and not focus more on a developing story.

20220510_111337.jpg.cced4a52a697cd425791f5caaedfc5a8.jpg

On 5/10/2022 at 4:20 AM, Bosco685 said:

I remember that show. I think I was either in the first or second grade when it came out. 1970s.

Even though this theme was in color. I watched it on my 12 inch black and white TV as a kid..

My how times have changed. ha ha lol.

On 5/9/2022 at 7:36 PM, KingOfRulers said:

This show was a chore to watch. I was intrigued following episode one. The show never got interesting for me. It was just a slog to push through. I got to the middle of episode 5, and I had enough. I gave up on the show. I thought I'd be able to get through it, but I was wrong.

The show is so boring.

It has the award for the only Disney+ Marvel show I did not watch all the way through.

I finished it, but completely agree. I'm usually pretty easy to please, but this one was BAAAAAAAD.... bad

Just finished this series with my wife...thought it was strange (in a good way) but really uneven.  Some episodes were quite good, others really flat and dull.  Special effects up and down as well.  Grade:  C+

Oscar Isaac crushed it, though, as an actor.  

Dan

On 5/9/2022 at 5:36 PM, KingOfRulers said:

This show was a chore to watch. I was intrigued following episode one. The show never got interesting for me. It was just a slog to push through. I got to the middle of episode 5, and I had enough. I gave up on the show. I thought I'd be able to get through it, but I was wrong.

The show is so boring.

It has the award for the only Disney+ Marvel show I did not watch all the way through.

Yeah, ep 5 was the worst, but there's only one to go and you should watch the after credits scene of ep. 6

On 5/19/2022 at 1:10 PM, bentbryan said:

“Are you ready for action? Because Moon Knight isn’t.” 

:roflmao:

You think this is a joke? That black outs are a laughing matter? Sir, I'll limit my reply to you in the spoiler below as it is too harsh for others here to see:

Spoiler

1519796942499.thumb.jpeg.d7b0e1837aa2adc623fabd71108fd4ac.jpeg

Edited by Sauce Dog

I'm behind, but finished Ep 4 last night.

First off, one of my pet peeves is extended dream/hallucinating/heaven/hell sequences (basically here's a bunch of screen time devoted to "weird stuff" that has no bearing on the actual story), so I did not like the last 10 or so mins in the "hospital".

Second, I thought I was following the story, but I guess I wasn't. For instance, I thought both groups were looking for Ammit's tomb, but then using the scarab and the constellation map leads them to... Alexander's tomb? I know Ammit is there, so perhaps a twist on wording.

And when they go to get the map from the sarcophagus, and Harrow shows up, why not abandon that plan and follow/force Harrow to show you where the tomb is?

On 5/21/2022 at 6:51 PM, kimik said:

All will be clear when you watch episodes 5 & 6.

Finished the series. As I had read there was A LOT of Steven/Marc background and not as much MK.

Perhaps due to reading others' reviews I was prepared and not as let down. Overall, the show was OK; there was a lot of potential but didn't deliver.

Having watched almost all of the D+ shows (and some Netflix), they lack exactly what makes the movies enjoyable: Fun. The shows are too serious and bogged down with minor and/or technical details. (IMO)