• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s MOON KNIGHT series starring Oscar Isaac (2022)
7 7

563 posts in this topic

I would like the say Episode 6's reveals and action-packed scenes fixed the overall season's confusion. It didn't for me.

It was an ever-twisting road to get there which distracts from a solid story. Mystery is one thing - confusion for the sake of keeping the viewer guessing needlessly is lazy writing.

But there were definitely some very cool scenes in this episode.

There is a mid-credit scene for Ep6 in case anyone missed it. 

This episode was better but overall the series didn’t deliver for me. Hopefully we do get some more Moon Knight going forward either thru D+ or the movies. I’ll end up re-watching at some point and with my expectations adjusted maybe it will be more enjoyable. I will say the show looked great and Oscar Isaac delivered an excellent performance. 

The mid-credits scene is honestly the best part of the entire episode, and that's saying something.

Overall a very underwhelming and in many aspects sloppy finale. While I'm onboard with the Mr.Knight suite being associated with Steven, this episode really turned me off on the idea of them constantly switching back and forth mid battle. I rather they work in harmony in ONE suite (Perhaps even showing a 'merged / balanced' costume of both suites together for the finale, perhaps ending up something like the Ultimate Moon Knight with the smooth mask)

Will rewatch it as a whole, as I think the series might benefit from a binge watch to help with the pacing.

Edited by Sauce Dog

I have generally enjoyed all the Disney Marvel shows, but none have blown me away.  No different for Moon Knight.  The Netflix shows were much better so maybe the problem is trying to squeeze too much into a small timeframe?

On 5/4/2022 at 2:26 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I think it's the opposite; Trying to stretch too little into too much screen time.

That’s fair.  I’m not sure this needed to be 6 episodes since we got the split personality topic fleshed out quickly.

Finale was pretty good, but I got so P O'd when they dared to that blackout thing again. It's the big finale, everyone is at their darkest moment even with Super Powers and we aren't even given a look at the Deus Ex Machina that solves everything. It's your finale, now is when you freaken show it!!!!! So yeah, I was not happy, especially since it's something they kept teasing. But at least we get that mid credit scene that tries making up for it. It does make the show end on a high rather than a low, and it calmed me down for some reason. The finale was fine aside from that deus ex blackout.

On 5/4/2022 at 4:28 PM, William-James88 said:

Finale was pretty good, but I got so P O'd when they dared to that blackout thing again. It's the big finale, everyone is at their darkest moment even with Super Powers and we aren't even given a look at the Deus Ex Machina that solves everything. It's your finale, now is when you freaken show it!!!!! So yeah, I was not happy, especially since it's something they kept teasing. But at least we get that mid credit scene that tries making up for it. It does make the show end on a high rather than a low, and it calmed me down for some reason. The finale was fine aside from that deus ex blackout.

I agree 100% with this comment.

Don't tease it and then never show it.

Having said that, I liked this last episode the best. I liked the intro of the new Layla.  I liked the mid-credits scene.

Overall.... my least favorite MCU streaming show so far, but I still give it a C+/B-

Edited by gadzukes

On 5/4/2022 at 4:35 PM, gadzukes said:

Overall.... my least favorite MCU streaming show so far, but I still give it a C+/B-

Wow, that means a lot. While I didn't think it was phenomenal at least it wasn't as bad as the Falcon and Winter Solder for me. That smashers plot was the most half baked plot I've seen in recent memory.

This series just re-affirms my belief that Moon Knight still a C league hero at best and should
have never been green lit. It takes special director like Gunn to make a character like this 
relevant.  They failed here. 

Oscar did a good job with what he had to work with I think. Its just wasn't a good series. 
It wasn't completely terrible I didn't hate it, but this is probably the worse Marvel show so far
for me and I won't recommend it to anyone.

Edited by fastballspecial

On 5/4/2022 at 5:29 PM, William-James88 said:

Wow, that means a lot. While I didn't think it was phenomenal at least it wasn't as bad as the Falcon and Winter Solder for me. That smashers plot was the most half baked plot I've seen in recent memory.

OK.... MoonKnight & F&WS are tied for my least favorites.  I liked aspects of both though.

On 5/4/2022 at 9:05 PM, gadzukes said:

OK.... MoonKnight & F&WS are tied for my least favorites.  I liked aspects of both though.

Haha, now that makes sense :D
And yeah, I too liked aspects of both. In F&WS I really loved both title characters. When they are together, it's something special. It's just too bad they were in a show with such a lacklustre plot.

That blackout to skip what would have been the best scene in the whole series was ridiculous and completely killed a series I wasn't really enjoying anyway. I get what it was trying to achieve but man what a massive letdown and kop out. I haven't seen F&WS but if it's as bad as Moon Knight I won't bother. I even enjoyed Hawkeye more and that was pretty plop.

Edited by Boozad

Don't know if this makes sense but I like Moon Knight as just a TV show, and not necessarily a MCU show or even a show about Moon Knight. It was so different from anything I had ever read of the character (didn't read the Lemire run, only read the O'Neil and Bendis runs) that to me it was a different show entirely and this disassociation/lack of connection actually made me enjoy it enough that I feel I didn't waste my time. Still not a fan of that blackout though.