• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s MOON KNIGHT series starring Oscar Isaac (2022)
7 7

563 posts in this topic

On 4/30/2022 at 10:41 AM, sonicyouth1 said:

I watched 2 episodes and had a hard time getting through the second episode..

Was really excited for a horror based superhero  in Chicago that jetsets around the globe going on dank and creepy missions. 
sort of Indiana Jones-Batman-Dracula vibe.

What we got was a reimagined mess.

the source material was perfectly fine.

imagine if Chris Columbus decided to write his own  Harry Potter movie and throw out source material.

the amount of disrespect the comic industry puts up with just for agenda driven m she u is pathetic. 

my god just stick to source material Disney plus it’s not hard.

if I wanted to binge on searchlight films or character driven indie comedies with quirky cliche I’ll go watch eternal sunshine of the spotless mind or Napoleon dynamite again.

thanks for wasting my 2 hours,  give me superheroes in actual action scenes please.

Wtf is up with Disney plus and m she u?

rant off, cheers gents and ladies

What source material, tho?

The first (1980) series? (Which, btw - introduced his different identities)

The 1989 series - which, as far as I'm concerned, only had three good story arcs?

My understanding is the series is largely adapted from the modern-day Moon Knight, as seen in the 2016 and current (2021-present) runs.

So it's largely faithful to the Moon Knight we've seen in the comics over last six years, where he's actually got dissociative personality disorder and is literally possessed by Konshu.

And makes him far more interesting than the mere Batman clone he was in the '70s and '80s.

See also: Blade.

Part of the genius of the Blade movie is it was a far better treatment of the character than he'd *ever* received in the comics up to that point.

Really unfaithful to the original comics character, but all in good ways - so nobody minded.

Edited by Gatsby77

The only thing I want to know is if there's a comic that has a first Moon Knight appearance in cameo. 

That's the book to get right now......as it seems that any comic with a full appearance of Moon Knight has absolutely nothing to do with this series.

They should have just called it "Fight Club 2" and been done with it.

Edited by Domo Arigato

As I mentioned before, the first episode of Moon Knight was a solid A for me. Not an A+ as it wasn’t a legendary episode, but I watched it six times and could watch it more. By the second episode, the quality was slipping, but just barely. It was still a solidly good episode, just not AS good. By the third episode, the quality slipped again. It was noticeable, but didn’t turn me off. The fourth episode is interesting because it is the most disjointed episode (Also, Mohammed Diab didn’t direct it), and definitely had moments that were outright awful, but the horror scenes were amazing, so I wasn’t as hyped for the fifth episode, especially how episode four ended. I was so busy this week, I didn’t even watch the fifth episode until last night. For a show called “Moon Knight” we get very little of him, so the psychological aspects of the show have to be on point, as they were in the first episode. Well, Diab is back to direct episode five, and it is definitely a psychological journey into Marc and Steven’s life. I found it very thrilling and Oscar Isaac and Ethan Hawke are acting their asses off. Hopefully Diab directs the last episode and hopefully it’s the longest episode, because that’s it and they do have a lot to still cover.

I have been watching but can’t say I like it all that much. I guess I was hoping for a wwbn type interpretation? I get the psychological direction Disney is shooting for but feel that could have been explored in 1 episode. 

On 5/2/2022 at 7:49 PM, Xenosmilus said:

What’s the Vegas odds that the finale will bomb based on the fact that it’s aired the day before DSMM? i.e. they know it’s bad and that will be lost due to the coverage of DSMM.

Even if the finale is bad, the show as a whole still has a lot going for it.

I started last Friday I guess, and we are watching one a night with Ep 5 tonight and 6 tomorrow. Now I get why all the posts after Ep 4, nothing at all happened really. Lots of tension but much less story, and in a 6 episode show you need it to be packed tight with story. I am glad I waited to watch it in a shorter time frame.

On 5/3/2022 at 6:19 AM, Bird said:

I started last Friday I guess, and we are watching one a night with Ep 5 tonight and 6 tomorrow. Now I get why all the posts after Ep 4, nothing at all happened really. Lots of tension but much less story, and in a 6 episode show you need it to be packed tight with story. I am glad I waited to watch it in a shorter time frame.

Episode 4 was used to set the stage for episode 5 and then 6. It will become a bit more clear after you watch 5 where this is going. I was kind of meh with 4 until I watched 5.

I think the issue with this series for most is that it is too focused on the Marc/Steven character development and does not have enough action in it. I am fine if that sets the table for next season and beyond. However, if this is 6 episodes and done, then it was a waste and they should have just gone with more action. After episode 5 you have a better understanding of Marc, and why Steven.

That being said, what Marvel appears to be using D+ for is to build up the profile of lesser characters so that the general public knows and cares about them when they show up on the big screen. This is a smart approach and should pay dividends for them longer term as it cultivates a broader audience. Now if they could only get their act together with more Star Wars D+ content and a new trilogy........

On 5/3/2022 at 11:36 AM, kimik said:

I think the issue with this series for most is that it is too focused on the Marc/Steven character development and does not have enough action in it. I am fine if that sets the table for next season and beyond. However, if this is 6 episodes and done, then it was a waste and they should have just gone with more action. After episode 5 you have a better understanding of Marc, and why Steven.

That being said, what Marvel appears to be using D+ for is to build up the profile of lesser characters so that the general public knows and cares about them when they show up on the big screen. This is a smart approach and should pay dividends for them longer term as it cultivates a broader audience. Now if they could only get their act together with more Star Wars D+ content and a new trilogy........

Kenobi is at the end of May right?

On 5/3/2022 at 11:38 AM, piper said:

Kenobi is at the end of May right?

Yes, but they need to go beyond the original SW characters and build multiple layers of SW goodness. For example, a few more HR related shows + movie trilogy (not that I would have a vested interest in that lol ). They are expanding the Marvel universe, now they need to do that with SW. Otherwise, why do you need to subscribe to D+ for only one new show every few months?