• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November 2015 Heritage Signature Auction Thread
1 1

630 posts in this topic

Well, that phone call was a bit frustrating. So when I went in on Friday to the floor auction and registered, the woman there asked if I had bid on their auctions before. I stated I had, she couldn't find my name and then asked if I had won any HA auctions before and I told her no. She was then able to find my account and I filled out another registration from for the floor auction. On it I checked the box that I wanted to collect the items at the Beverly Hills location. So this afternoon I called HA and was told the items from Saturday and Sunday's auctions are already on their way back to Dallas and that I should have notified them by Friday that I wanted to pick them up in Beverly Hills. Apparently the woman created a new account for me instead of attaching it to my online HA account. The woman on the phone today first told me the items weren't all in Beverly Hills, I told her funny but I physically examined them on Friday there. I told her she should pull my auction registration form I filled out Friday in Beverly Hills and she'll see I did check the pick-up box. So now I have to wait until it arrives in Dallas so they can ship it back to me here and pay to ship on top of the wait. Not very professional and probably my last experience with HA. I'll let others stick with the OA collecting.

I'd request they pick up the tab for shipping or in the alternative, have them ship it to the Beverly Hills office for you to pick up. Stuff goes back and forth between the office all the time, so it shouldn't be difficult for them to piggy back your art with another shipment.

The way I handle situations like this is simply not to due further business with them. They had another auction last weekend and I had two items on my watch list. I told myself I wasn't going to look at any OA on their auction, but might be interested in comics. But when the day came, I just wasn't interested in this auction so I didn't even watch and I didn't bid. I know if I was the under bidder on several items before and I don't bid, then they lose money. One of the two items I had on my watch list ended higher than I would have bid, but the other ended at $38! (with BP) I would have easily bid a minimum of $100 or more, even if I lost they lose money. It adds up also, as I bid on around 15-20 items the previous auction and was the under bidder on around a half dozen. Now not for any later auctions with them.

The only thing I'd add, as I largely agree with you, is that -if I've read you correctly- you've only dealt with a single employee. No matter how good the company, you'll find bad employees. Bad at their jobs, lackadaisacal, lazy, whatever...But with that single experience, you haven't really given them (another employee) a chance to correct the situation and win back your business. So in your shoes, that's what I'd do give them that second chance, for another employee to show you had a bad experience but didn't deal with a bad company. If that second chance fails,a then yes I'm totally with you.

Well, that phone call was a bit frustrating. So when I went in on Friday to the floor auction and registered, the woman there asked if I had bid on their auctions before. I stated I had, she couldn't find my name and then asked if I had won any HA auctions before and I told her no. She was then able to find my account and I filled out another registration from for the floor auction. On it I checked the box that I wanted to collect the items at the Beverly Hills location. So this afternoon I called HA and was told the items from Saturday and Sunday's auctions are already on their way back to Dallas and that I should have notified them by Friday that I wanted to pick them up in Beverly Hills. Apparently the woman created a new account for me instead of attaching it to my online HA account. The woman on the phone today first told me the items weren't all in Beverly Hills, I told her funny but I physically examined them on Friday there. I told her she should pull my auction registration form I filled out Friday in Beverly Hills and she'll see I did check the pick-up box. So now I have to wait until it arrives in Dallas so they can ship it back to me here and pay to ship on top of the wait. Not very professional and probably my last experience with HA. I'll let others stick with the OA collecting.

I'd request they pick up the tab for shipping or in the alternative, have them ship it to the Beverly Hills office for you to pick up. Stuff goes back and forth between the office all the time, so it shouldn't be difficult for them to piggy back your art with another shipment.

The way I handle situations like this is simply not to due further business with them. They had another auction last weekend and I had two items on my watch list. I told myself I wasn't going to look at any OA on their auction, but might be interested in comics. But when the day came, I just wasn't interested in this auction so I didn't even watch and I didn't bid. I know if I was the under bidder on several items before and I don't bid, then they lose money. One of the two items I had on my watch list ended higher than I would have bid, but the other ended at $38! (with BP) I would have easily bid a minimum of $100 or more, even if I lost they lose money. It adds up also, as I bid on around 15-20 items the previous auction and was the under bidder on around a half dozen. Now not for any later auctions with them.

The only thing I'd add, as I largely agree with you, is that -if I've read you correctly- you've only dealt with a single employee. No matter how good the company, you'll find bad employees. Bad at their jobs, lackadaisacal, lazy, whatever...But with that single experience, you haven't really given them (another employee) a chance to correct the situation and win back your business. So in your shoes, that's what I'd do give them that second chance, for another employee to show you had a bad experience but didn't deal with a bad company. If that second chance fails,a then yes I'm totally with you.

Actually it was 2 employees. The one when I went in person and they didn't connect my online registration with one I was asked to fill out in person, even though she told me she found my online registration. And then the time I called the Beverly Hills office (who couldn't find my orders because they have me twice in the system) and was transferred to someone in the Dallas office, when I inquired about picking the items up. So that showed me I wasn't going to be happy dealing with them later on. No bid loss for me, was new to OA anyway, I've got my two pieces (if they arrive) which I'll get framed next to the printed cover and then hang them on my wall if I can find a open space for them. I'll let the big boys handle the OA art in the future, if I see a piece that interests me, I'll purchase it, but it won't be through HA.

Well it's too bad. You were really excited to get those two pieces and I can see that's mostly gone out the window. A shame; try to enjoy the art - it's still "good" :)

Thanks. (thumbs u This whole thing reminds me of another situation. Dave Stevens was my favorite cover artist, and Michael Golden was my favorite interior artist. The splash page from I think Avengers Annual #10 blew me away when I was younger and I collected anything Michael Golden (probably have 80% of everything he published before 1990). But a few years ago, after reading about how he treated one of the people who ordered an OA piece from him ("Patience is a Virtu" or something similar misspelled), even with the situation eventually being resolved, I don't have any interest in his work anymore.

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)

Yes, you can also check on ha under orders, it lists the tracking number when it has shipped.

Should this be under "invoices" or somewhere else? I can't find a tracking number ... heck, I can't even find my invoice. First timer here for HA so I assume I am missing something

I've always said.... 1960s and 1970s AMAZING SPIDER-MAN art was the greatest soap opera ever in super hero comics...and I cant think of another comic book title from "ANY" company where the character pages (non battle / non costumed hero pages) are as sought after by collectors as the costumed hero / battle pages.......thoughts from others on this topic??

I've always said.... 1960s and 1970s AMAZING SPIDER-MAN art was the greatest soap opera ever in super hero comics...and I cant think of another comic book title from "ANY" company where the character pages (non battle / non costumed hero pages) are as sought after by collectors as the costumed hero / battle pages.......thoughts from others on this topic??

Romita really captured the zeitgeist of the 60's...... as much Pop Art as anything Lichtenstein(sp?) did........ and it's utilitarian purpose just makes it that much more charming. Some choice pages from 68 might be equally robust. There are, as you say, very few books or stories that I can think of where all pages would be desirable..... maybe Bisette/Totleben Swamp Thing, P Craig Russell (in his prime), and of course, Mark Schultz for me......GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

My page came in…so happy.

sytDYBYs_0912152143431.jpeg

Oh My......... a non Spidey panel page that, I daresay, transcends the medium :cloud9: ....what a special piece. Congrats. GOD BLESS...

+1, its a beautiful page :luhv:

Add me to the list. Love it!!! (worship)

I love going back and reading ONLY the character/soap opera pages from the series. :luhv:

My page came in…so happy.

sytDYBYs_0912152143431.jpeg

Oh My......... a non Spidey panel page that, I daresay, transcends the medium :cloud9: ....what a special piece. Congrats. GOD BLESS...

+1, its a beautiful page :luhv:

Add me to the list. Love it!!! (worship)

Great page! Killer Gwen and Mary Jane! It doesn't get better than that for a Silver Age story page.

I love going back and reading ONLY the character/soap opera pages from the series. :luhv:

doh!

:insane: