• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November 2015 Heritage Signature Auction Thread
1 1

630 posts in this topic

Speaking of kinkade...

I had someone in the office tell me about this amazing artist and wonderful work that was quite expensive and when I finally got the name out of them it was tom kinkade :insane:lol

lol Quick, ask them if "Transformers" is their favorite movie of all time!

and what if it is :sumo:

Way to go Lee! I got the Iron Man #136 cover -- boys from Bethesda did well!

Thanks Michael! And nice work with the Iron Man #136 cover. That's a real looker! We'll have to have an art party sometime soon. Cheers, Lee

Exactly. I'm admittedly not a Spiderman fan, nor a Romita fan, so nostalgia doesn't influence my opinion of ASM covers at all.

ASM 98 doesn't stand out and probably would not even be in my top 20 ASM covers.

ASM 98 doesn't stand out? Well, Complex Magazine disagrees with you, so there (thanks, Wes!) lol

In any case, after how badly you trashed the film "John Wick" in the Water Cooler, I find your tastes to be questionable at best and put no stock in them. zzz

Well, I know you're kidding but if guess it's true that it's not the best Kane 15c asm cover ....101 is better if you ask me

Hey, if you prefer pasty goth vampire types and dudes with six arms, I'm not judging, dude. :foryou:

Well, I know you're kidding but if guess it's true that it's not the best Kane 15c asm cover ....101 is better if you ask me

Hey, if you prefer pasty goth vampire types and dudes with six arms, I'm not judging, dude. :foryou:

Green guys with scaly skin and goblin masks are more normal somehow? :insane: At least morbius doesn't carry a purse with "poof bombs" ;)

I mean... dang... Gobby was basically marvel's answer to Magica DeSpell :insane:

Green guys with scaly skin and goblin masks are more normal somehow? :insane: At least morbius doesn't carry a purse with "poof bombs" ;)

I mean... dang... Gobby was basically marvel's answer to Magica DeSpell :insane:

:roflmao:

Exactly. I'm admittedly not a Spiderman fan, nor a Romita fan, so nostalgia doesn't influence my opinion of ASM covers at all.

ASM 98 doesn't stand out and probably would not even be in my top 20 ASM covers.

ASM 98 doesn't stand out? Well, Complex Magazine disagrees with you, so there (thanks, Wes!) lol

In any case, after how badly you trashed the film "John Wick" in the Water Cooler, I find your tastes to be questionable at best and put no stock in them. zzz

If you liked "John Wick", then you are dead to me.

Speaking of kinkade...

I had someone in the office tell me about this amazing artist and wonderful work that was quite expensive and when I finally got the name out of them it was tom kinkade :insane:lol

lol Quick, ask them if "Transformers" is their favorite movie of all time!

and what if it is :sumo:

Then I wouldn't be surprised.

If you liked "John Wick", then you are dead to me.

OT- but....

you know they're talking about a sequel don't you? and I'm with you on it's sheer awfulness. But you need to reconsider your position on John Carter- it's not any where near as bad as it's fashionable to believe- its was just the victim of internal Disney politics that left it to die. A whole book was written about just that. I predict JC will rise again (no not that JC) in stature and be much more highly regarded over time.

back on topic- GL is still better than Spidey!

and the discussion about top Spidey Covers of all time pretty much nail the coffin shut on that debate. GL 76 is EASILY one of the most iconic GL covers. :sumo: #98 for Spidey? not so much. :makepoint:

and I do think Kane's 101 cover is better than 98 also. (thumbs u

Edited by MYNAMEISLEGION

:roflmao::signfunny:

I had a very hard time not laughing out loud in the office.

The cover to 96 kind of reminds me of the cover to 30 with a little Spidey. It was by be far the least desirable of the drug story arc for me due to the cover. The real question is the cover to ASM 97 vs 98.

and the discussion about top Spidey Covers of all time pretty much nail the coffin shut on that debate. GL 76 is EASILY one of the most iconic GL covers. :sumo: #98 for Spidey? not so much. :makepoint:

and I do think Kane's 101 cover is better than 98 also. (thumbs u

Maybe you weren't reading that closely, but ASM #98 was rated the #6 Spidey cover of all time in one of the polls that was meant to discredit it. :insane: But, more importantly, many people here and in the rest of the hobby love the cover. Anyone who doesn't care for this cover I really have to wonder why they even like comics if they can't appreciate one of the very best covers featuring one of the two most popular characters in comics fighting his arch nemesis. Why do you guys hate America so much? :baiting:

GL #76 is "easily one of the most iconic GL covers" because the number of iconic GL covers you can count on one hand (maybe even a couple of fingers). lol Even the vociferous DC guys here like Tim I highly doubt actually have a strong passion for GL (let's be honest - who does, really :blush:). And, the cover is mostly iconic because the issue itself is a major Bronze Age key. Don't get me wrong - it's a very nice cover, but if it had been the cover to issue #77 and some other cover had kicked off the Adams/O'Neil GL/GA run, we wouldn't even be having this conversation (and, as many people have pointed out to me, it loses a ton in B&W). Meanwhile, ASM probably has the most # of awesome covers and key issues out of any comic book series in history. Not exactly comparing apples to apples.

ASM #101 cover is a really nice cover. If you like how different a villain Morbius is and the shock value of a 6-armed Spidey, then I can see how someone would prefer it. But, for me, I prefer the A+ list villain in the Goblin, the regular 2-armed Spidey impossibly contorted and clinging for dear life, and the more detailed and interesting layout/composition/perspective of the #98. Throw out everything else and, like my friend said to me, the Spidey cover is one of the very nicest in the series in terms of just composition, content and instant recognition of the characters.

I can't get over the fact that instead of sticking to the wall Spidey's fingers are digging into brick... of course the fingertips of his costume remain intact.

That being said, for the price I wouldn't care for either. GL 76 is too static.

I can't get over the fact that instead of sticking to the wall Spidey's fingers are digging into brick... of course the fingertips of his costume remain intact.

Drug induced hallucination.