• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Link's Fall Auction - November 12, 2015

262 posts in this topic

I have to ask- if that is your opinion of the piece (not well rendered, not historic or nostalgic), why did you even want to own it in the first place when it was on ebay? .... and no, I am not affiliated with the comic link (or ebay) auction.

Hey, I didn't say I didn't like it. It's still an early 2Up Avengers splash featuring a classic lineup. But it wasn't special enough for me to get as excited the second time around so I wasn't going to match the effort that I gave on ebay.

I think you're all thinking about this:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1150940

It's a different page.

Ron

Well shee-oot. Could be my mistake after all. Sure is "similar but not the same". Not certain either way now. And note to all that I'm publicly manning up to that!

"Could be my mistake" and "Not certain either way?" I think you're getting as far as boying up, but but I'm not certain either.

"Pre-Pubescing Up™"

It's a thing. For sure. I saw it somewhere.

I think.

This is silly. You should only name someone if you are certain.

I never bought or put up for sale that Avengers 39 splash.

I have the Avengers 23 splash, which is inked by Romita. That was on my CAF, and was at NY. It has a large image of Scarlet Witch with those beautiful Romita inks. This was also Romita's first job at Marvel which in my view makes it historic.

The 39 is a much less valuable piece IMO. Not a piece I like very much either.

Glen

Glen,

Come on. Obviously you don't know what you bought and sold as well as Vodou does.

You should ask him what else you own.

Just in case you missed anything else.

Makes sense to me. I hope my collection is better than I think it is. :)

There are probably some gems just waiting for him to discover you own.

It's like CHRISTMAS!!!!

I have the Avengers 23 splash, which is inked by Romita. That was on my CAF, and was at NY. It has a large image of Scarlet Witch with those beautiful Romita inks. This was also Romita's first job at Marvel which in my view makes it historic.

Glen

Glen,

Come on. Obviously you don't know what you bought and sold as well as Vodou does.

Even though voudou completely mess the bed here, in his defense, the pattern of buying for X and immediately flipping for 2X+ did fit. That and mistaking one nondescript Heck Hawkeye splash for another, and I can see how vodou got so confused. Thanks to drewincanada and Ronan for setting the record straight for the rest of us.

Glen

Glen,

Even though voudou completely mess the bed here, in his defense, the pattern of buying for X and immediately flipping for 2X+ did fit. That and mistaking one nondescript Heck Hawkeye splash for another, and I can see how vodou got so confused. Thanks to drewincanada and Ronan for setting the record straight for the rest of us.

Don't forget The Ron. The Ron jumped in as well.

The Ron deserves mention.

Glen

Glen,

Don't forget The Ron. The Ron jumped in as well.

The Ron deserves mention.

Yes! Thanks to The Drewincanada, The Ronan, and The Ron for serving up some humble pie to The Voudou!

And watch out for The Cabal!

Geez. Cut the guy some slack. He manned up and admitted a mistake. Not sure why everybody has to pile on. It's not like he killed anybody.

It's a simple math equation.

officiousness multiplied by pedantry divided by the number of people telling you you're wrong to the power of how long it takes to give a milk-toast semi-retraction far less forcefully stated than the aforementioned wrong statement = the size and viscosity of the pile.

Geez. Cut the guy some slack. He manned up and admitted a mistake. Not sure why everybody has to pile on. It's not like he killed anybody.

It's a simple math equation.

officiousness multiplied by pedantry divided by the number of people telling you you're wrong to the power of how long it takes to give a milk-toast semi-retraction far less forcefully stated than the aforementioned wrong statement = the size and viscosity of the pile.

:roflmao:

Fun auction, all my lots sold well with one exception. Bought a page back for 277 i had sold on CL back in May for 710....comic art is weird.

It really is! I have a friend who sold a Buck Rogers strip some years ago for a few thousand and bought it back at auction for 5 or 600 dollars. There's no guidebook, like in comics, it's just educated guesswork and being lucky in any given auction.....cool that you got it back!

Fun auction, all my lots sold well with one exception. Bought a page back for 277 i had sold on CL back in May for 710....comic art is weird.

It really is! I have a friend who sold a Buck Rogers strip some years ago for a few thousand and bought it back at auction for 5 or 600 dollars. There's no guidebook, like in comics, it's just educated guesswork and being lucky in any given auction.....cool that you got it back!

Thank ya. You know who got a steal? The guy who bought the Charlton Ditko sailing splash. If you look in the upper right corner, its actually signed by Ditko in pencil (thats his hand writing) with his childish print signature. I think people really don't appreciate how rare a signed Ditko ANYTHING else, let alone art. I tried to throw in a bid of 670 and it wont let me, had just passed 680. In retrospect i should have thrown down 850...I just hate spending money i just made...oh well.

Lost almost every bid I placed. Only a manual snipe at the last second brought this one home. It may only be a advertisement piece so I'm sure I overpaid but it doesn't bother me a bit. It is an early published Turtles piece with all 4 turtles. This is exactly what I was looking for so I'm happy to check that one off my want list.

RADA6AC520151110_162657.jpg

Thank ya. You know who got a steal? The guy who bought the Charlton Ditko sailing splash. If you look in the upper right corner, its actually signed by Ditko in pencil (thats his hand writing) with his childish print signature. I think people really don't appreciate how rare a signed Ditko ANYTHING else, let alone art. I tried to throw in a bid of 670 and it wont let me, had just passed 680. In retrospect i should have thrown down 850...I just hate spending money i just made...oh well.

I completely missed the signature, I imagine a lot of others did as well.....good eye!

Was the $35,000 for the Starlin Warlock 12 cover considered a bit low? I figured it would go a lot higher.

From what I've seen of the market including interiors and splashes that seemed about right.

Lost almost every bid I placed. Only a manual snipe at the last second brought this one home. It may only be a advertisement piece so I'm sure I overpaid but it doesn't bother me a bit. It is an early published Turtles piece with all 4 turtles. This is exactly what I was looking for so I'm happy to check that one off my want list.

RADA6AC520151110_162657.jpg

congrats!

Between that and the other piece you bought recently, you're all omar2_zpsvzkdof4h.gif

hm