• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be Criminal not to show your CRIME comics!
20 20

2,424 posts in this topic

I haven't checked that consistently or closely, but I would agree that #26 isn't easy to find. I'd like one, but don't diligently search for it. I once had a copy in a group lot that I purchased but it was only a FR, so I sold it. #25 does come up more frequently, but I wouldn't call it common. #27 I don't keep an eye out for, but don't recall seeing as frequently #28 onward, which all seem more common than the first 6 issues. I'm not sure that #22 and #24 are really more common than surrounding issues, just that they are appear more available (at least briefly) because they are higher profile and worth the kind of money that leads to more churning. This seems true of nearly all the classic cover crime and horror books, which are constantly coming to market.

The only one on the list that I don't have and wouldn't mind getting is #24. But I doubt I want it bad enough to pay the price it brings any more. The only #26 I've ever seen, I bought. I don't have a #22 so this will probably have to do.

comcompletebooktruecrime_zpsipeloylu.jpg

38 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

The only one on the list that I don't have and wouldn't mind getting is #24. But I doubt I want it bad enough to pay the price it brings any more. The only #26 I've ever seen, I bought. I don't have a #22 so this will probably have to do.

Nice happy coverlol

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Great book Robot Man!

On June 1, 2017 at 1:18 PM, Robot Man said:

This book is such a great item! Valuable as it is, it's underrated with 22 and 24 inside and its own great cover. Got sniped on one on eBay a while back and haven't seen it since...not that any o' guys are my suspects or anything like that...  :whistle:

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

comtruecrime.jpg

So so so so so so so classic it hurts!

It's not just hyperbole: the whole book is an under-rated classic (to the extent there IS such a thing), and the top 1/3 of the book is the best of all time!! That's right. The BEST of all time!

Logo. Colors. Genre. Tagline. Photo inset. Right down to the last detail, like the tremble of the gun as it blasts the rats.

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

As far as sick and violent go, here are are a couple more good candidates.

comtruecrime.jpg

comtruecrime2b.jpg

The splash page is such a killer in more than one way !

10 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Wow @Robot Man that is some crazy stuff. The crime genre is getting more interesting to me as I see more books. 

Maybe Wertham had some valid points.  

Yes, he probably did. Here's another one to keep your eyes open for. I looked for years for this one shot and had to pay dearly for it.

comwhoisnext.jpg

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Hard to beat this one for sick violence...

comperfectcrime30.jpg

Oh dear. That cover is beautifully horrific. You can feel that guys sense of his own impending doom. Would I sound like a complete wuss if I said it has unnerved me? Powerful stuff.... :frown: