• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be Criminal not to show your CRIME comics!
20 20

2,424 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Found this misfiled yesterday. How do you lose a Church copy with a nifty little certificate from Redbeard? Last issue and real oversized.

comtrue70milehigh1_zpso3auvlkl.jpg

comtrue70milehigh12_zpscu9ovkrb.jpg

Nice! About a 9.2 or better?

Who knows. I probably should slab it and see but it's no big deal to me. I've got a lot of un-slabbed and un-coded Church copies that don't have any "providence".  With West gone from CGC I wonder who is certifying them? I showed some to Adam Strange when he was over and he picked them out right away.

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Who knows. I probably should slab it and see but it's no big deal to me. I've got a lot of un-slabbed and un-coded Church copies that don't have any "providence".  With West gone from CGC I wonder who is certifying them? I showed some to Adam Strange when he was over and he picked them out right away.

Great catch Bob, and I think you mean 'provenance', unless you found it in Rhode Island. :baiting:

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Who knows. I probably should slab it and see but it's no big deal to me. I've got a lot of un-slabbed and un-coded Church copies that don't have any "providence".  With West gone from CGC I wonder who is certifying them?

Last I knew Mark Haspel still consults with CGC. 

5 hours ago, sagii said:

Nice! About a 9.2 or better?

Great looking True! :applause:

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Also, this little weird one showed up in the mail box yesterday. Crime comic? I don't know but for $20. and a cover like this, it was a no brainer. Actually has some superhero stories in it.

comwitty2_zpshdj1isw2.jpg

Never seen that one i like it very creepy

2 hours ago, TheLostDreams said:

Does anybody know what the CGC 2.0 Crime Does not Pay #24 sold for in the Comicconnect auction a few days ago?

Google to the rescue... $1,660.

By the way, welcome to the boards!  (thumbsu

12 hours ago, Point Five said:

Google to the rescue... $1,660.

By the way, welcome to the boards!  (thumbsu

I remember when the Photo-journals came out and I first viewed the run of CDNP.   Was absolutely shocked by the cover of 24 and knew I really wanted one.   Took me about 3 years before I finally found any copy (low grade) and had to pay some crazy multiple of guide to get it.  Boy, those were the days.