• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
17 17

8,508 posts in this topic

3199770149_6e60a91a7f_o.jpg

Great additions to your collection, Matt. :applause:

On this cover I especially like the way the front beetle is covering his head. lol

Do you have any favorite strips in the early WDC&S?

Thanks! I love the Beetles too, it just adds to the overall charm of the cover.

I really like the Bucky Bug strips before his look was softened up (thumbs u The solid Eyed Mickeys are great too, I just can't enjoy them the same after he had pupils, eveen if it was still Gottfredson drawing him.

3199770149_6e60a91a7f_o.jpg

Great additions to your collection, Matt. :applause:

On this cover I especially like the way the front beetle is covering his head. lol

Do you have any favorite strips in the early WDC&S?

Thanks! I love the Beetles too, it just adds to the overall charm of the cover.

Carl Buettner cover according to GCD. I don't usually like his as much as Barks' or Kelly's, but this one is a gem! I thought maybe those were prototypes of Kelly's bug family that often commented on the proceedings in Pogo. (dissed by some otherwise rational people here lately -- AARRGGHH!!)

Jack

I have Really grown to Love Buettner's covers, they have that charm of the early GA.

Pogo is brilliant, I think it's just hard to really get to a bunch of it to read. In small drips it is not as impressive perhaps, even though even on a less quality strip, the art still makes my eyes explode!

I've been really taken with the WDCS title lately...and while I adore the Barks stories, I'm liking the pre-Barks issues a lot too! (Hoping to find some more early ones at the February NY con....) hm

Here's a smattering of recent pickups... thanks to JeffB for the last two. (thumbs u

71627.jpg

72342.jpg

72339.jpg

71683.jpg

72341.jpg

72340.jpg