• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,439 posts in this topic

Nothing high grade but an interesting run to grab at once - eBay Auction for WDCS 33 to 214 = 142 Books

If you are interested in higher grade duck books, I have consigned some to the Heritage Amazing Comics one-week auction that started tonight. The average grade is CGC 9.0 and most of the books are either the highest or second highest graded CGC copies.

Examples include the highest CGC graded copies of WDC&S #156, #157 and #162 (all 9.0), Donald Duck #40 (9.0), Dell Giant Comics Walt Disney's Christmas Parade #6 (9.2). There is also a very nice copy of Walt Disney's Christmas Parade #1 (CGC 9.0, 2d highest).

All of these books have either white or off-white pages and are being listed with no reserve.

I am mentioning this here because many of us duck fans do not keep tabs on the weekly Heritage Amazing Comics auctions. In the meantime, to keep this post from being nothing but a plug, here is another one of the March of Comics duck books:

1011059-marchcom.56%282%29.jpg

RHG

1011059-marchcom.56(2).jpg.9f63115143ab6ebcfcf12487580af2a0.jpg

Edited by RareHighGrade

I highly recommend Jerry Weist and his grading of raw books. Back in 2002, I bought a collection of 20-25 Mickey Mouse Magazine file copies in his first eBay auction. Most of these books were gorgeous and many are still the best copies I have ever seen, but Jerry only gave a single modifier-free "NM" (see below - looks like I somehow never posted this book before, btw). Based on my experience from this deal, I would not hesitate to trust his grading on the raw books in his current auction.

mmv42.jpg

Anyone notice some of the strong prices paid for SA Ducks lately?

Uncle Scrooge #54 (CGC 9.4) went for $632.50 (4.86X Guide) in the November 27 Heritage Amazing Auction

US #32 (CGC 9.4) went for $747.50 (4.67X Guide) in the Nov 13 Heritage Amazing Auction

There appear to be some pretty determined US collectors out there.

Uncle Scrooge #54 (CGC 9.4) went for $632.50 (4.86X Guide) in the November 27 Heritage Amazing Auction

US #32 (CGC 9.4) went for $747.50 (4.67X Guide) in the Nov 13 Heritage Amazing Auction

It's the reason I've temporarily stopped looking at Duck books. Duck books in 8.0+ are routinely going for 4-6x guide...

It's the reason I've temporarily stopped looking at Duck books. Duck books in 8.0+ are routinely going for 4-6x guide...

Ah, but sometimes they're worth it! wink.gif

wdcs85front.jpg

wdcs136front.jpg

anyone collect the donald duck big little books?
hi.gif A few.

Of Donald Duck I have "Luck of the Ducks" in hardback and softack.

Then I have "Donald Forgets to Duck". It's probably the oldest BLB I have.

I've got others (Flash Gordon and the Red Sword Invaders; Zane Grey's King of the Royal Mounted and the Northern Treasure; Aquaman; Mickey Mouse and the Magic Lamp; Tazan the Mark of the Red Hyena ; The Man from Uncle; The Invaders; Journey to the Center of the Earth; Tracy...etc.. 893blahblah.gif

Welcome to the Boards. thumbsup2.gif

I just want to say the the "animation" Duck covers suck. I can only wish the Magic Hourglass had a worthy cover similar to "Golden Helmet", one of the better Barks stories IMHO.

Why couldn't they have left that affect for the Mickey Mouse comics?

dd6.jpg

dd11.jpg

Edited by ft88

So, yeah, I'm trying to win that FC 178 on Heritage so no one bid on it. devil.gif

Seriously, it's my # 1 grail and I've finally paid for my books this semester and my family was more than generous this holiday season! I've even sold off a bunch of stuff to come up with the cash that I hope ends up being enough. I never see a nice copy of this book come up. frown.gif

I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday season, whichever religion you choose (or not) to celebrate!

Good luck getting the "Bear Mountain", PSI, it looks like a great copy.

Here's one of the Four Colors that I don't think have been posted yet(?). With two terrific early Barks stories, it is my own favorite Golden Age comic of all time.

fc62.jpg