• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,440 posts in this topic

That's an unbelievablely clean looking copy. Is that damage production related on the upper left hand corner? Is that one of the 8.5s?

Thanks for the luck on the 178. I have a feeling I won't be able to pick it up and it'll go for 2x guide, but we'll see. I'm willing to pay at least 1.5x guide for it. confused-smiley-013.gif

If it gets out of hand, there are a few other books in that signature auction I might go for but the 178 is my grail.

That's an unbelievablely clean looking copy. Is that damage production related on the upper left hand corner? Is that one of the 8.5s?

Yes, it's the only CGC 8.5 that has never been up for auction. Hard to find this nice. One of the big collectors paid over $6,000 for the CGC 9.0 last year and the CGC 9.2 brought much more than that in a private transaction.

Thanks for the luck on the 178. I have a feeling I won't be able to pick it up and it'll go for 2x guide, but we'll see. I'm willing to pay at least 1.5x guide for it. confused-smiley-013.gif

I have an FC 178 in CGC 9.0 that I'd consider selling for the price I paid at Heritage a couple of years ago. You can look it up if interested.

hkp, Incredible copy of four color # 62!!! cloud9.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

What a fantastic collection,you have. I never tire of seeing your books.

sign-rantpost.gif I get sick and tired of seeing scans of books that I should get to own!

Seriously, that's another great duck book. cloud9.gif

hi folks- great thread, thanks for all the info & scans! i'm an avid duck collector from norway, and my interests lies mainly in 70's and 80's norwegian books - so i have nothing that can come even remotely close to the fantastic books that have been posted here.. but just for fun, here are some nice, high-grade barks reprints from the late 70s/early 80s:

Welcome to the boards, gaute!

I remember reading the Danish editions of those great books to death when I was a kid. Wouldn't be suprised if they are rare today. My favorite was "Sheriffen i Seksloeberdalen" (FC 199), which came out in Denmark around 1977. Thanks for posting the pics!

pretty hard to get this in grade - i guess it's because the story is so good, people read it to death smile.gif

eggmysteriet2pf.jpg

Makes me want to go read my reprint. cloud9.gif

Thanks for posting. Always nice to see the alternate editions.

This MMM V5#9 was the only decent copy I'd seen until a CGC 8.5 appeared in yesterday's auction. I knew I'd win the latter so I had my own certified - just came back from CGC today. Bought from moondog in 2001.

This issue was the first of 4 (V5#9-12) with an experimental decal cover design that was abandoned from WDC&S 1. In my mind, these 4 last issues are all very cool Ducks that are so undervalued in the market it's not-even-funny-books (sorry). In fact, for several years V5#10 and #11 were the last two issues missing in my otherwise complete FN-up run. I finally was able to get both this month through Heritage yay.gif.

Btw. my internet bids at Heritage's site were _much_ higher than what I ended up paying. Also, I tried phone bidding for the first time and it worked out very well for all the lots I signed up for (just wish I'd placed _one_ more bid on the WDC&S 2 frustrated.gif).

mmv59_65.jpg

This MMM V5#9 was the only decent copy I'd seen until a CGC 8.5 appeared in yesterday's auction. I knew I'd win the latter so I had my own certified - just came back from CGC today. Bought from moondog in 2001.

This issue was the first of 4 (V5#9-12) with an experimental decal cover design that was abandoned from WDC&S 1. In my mind, these 4 last issues are all very cool Ducks that are so undervalued in the market it's not-even-funny-books (sorry). In fact, for several years V5#10 and #11 were the last two issues missing in my otherwise complete FN-up run. I finally was able to get both this month through Heritage yay.gif.

Btw. my internet bids at Heritage's site were _much_ higher than what I ended up paying. Also, I tried phone bidding for the first time and it worked out very well for all the lots I signed up for (just wish I'd placed _one_ more bid on the WDC&S 2 frustrated.gif).

mmv59_65.jpg

Not mine. frown.gif I ended up being outbid on the floor by $50 on two seperate auctions. I seriously thought I put in high enough bids but apparently not. confused-smiley-013.gif