• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,445 posts in this topic

I have a handful of issues around FN:

V1#1, V1#2, V5#5, V5#6, V5#8,

and another below VF:

V1#3, V1#5, V5#2, V5#3, V5#11 (CGC VF-).

I'd grade the remaining 50 VF or better. Any help finding the books above would be greatly appreciated. I am particularly interested in a VF/NM file copy of V1#2 that Metropolis sold a couple of years ago for $2,700 (will pay $10,000 for it).

A big congratulations on completing the Church GGA Blue Beetle run! I can't believe you were able to reunite these.

The book you bought is very nice. Hard to say is it better. But at least you have both "variants" now. smirk.gif

Best thing is however, it didn't get into the hands of Terence Leder/ma4pres.

Although I completed my Mickey Mouse Magazine run recently, I'll continue to upgrade. Won the copy below on eBay last week and am waiting for it to arrive. Trying to upgrade a raw high grade copy is always hit and miss. I've bought quite a few books that turned out to be lower grade than the copy I already had.

New copy 893crossfingers-thumb.gif:

newCE_M2-1.jpg

Terrific cover. I've liked all of the magazine covers that you've posted.

Anyone ever seen this book? Not ducks, but still Barks! I did some searching before listing but couldn't find anything on it.

news.gif I did a google search and got lucky. Someone has the information I was looking for on this site and the guy who posted the topic has been looking for a copy for about a year:

http://forums.goldenagecartoons.com/showthread.php?p=51544

yay.gif

1168569-BBEARB.JPG.12efd32b4148dd2467cf3915d084d816.JPG

Edited by iggy

Anyone ever seen this book? Not ducks, but still Barks! I did some searching before listing but couldn't find anything on it.

news.gif I did a google search and got lucky. Someone has the information I was looking for on this site and the guy who posted the topic has been looking for a copy for about a year:

http://forums.goldenagecartoons.com/showthread.php?p=51544

yay.gif

I have a copy. What would you like to know?

Do you happen to know approx how many were printed and where it was distributed to? I assume it was just printed in Italy and distributed to the USA.

Until I found a little info on the site link I had nothing to go on to add to my listing for information. I'd still like to add more info if available. Thanks!

It says it's an Italian imprint from 1979. Other than that if provides no special data on where or how many were printed.

These tend to show up on ebay all the time and don't seem very rare, although it is an interesting piece. I think there is one seller consistently relists it for sale and asks for hundreds of dollars so I sort of have a negative feeling towards the book.

I don't thinks it's rare. Even my local comic store has copies for sale (56 euros and that is a total ripoff price IMO).

Reprints possibly?, I don't believe they are nearly 30 years old.

Hmmm, there must be several overstock copies still around. Maybe at $40.00 cover, it wasn't flying off the shelf back in 1979, especially if they saw the bad quality reproduction of some of the pages. My copy came from a silver/bronze age collection that was stored in bags in a basement in a filing cabinet. Most of the comics have white or pure white ultra bright pages and the collection has been dormant for decades so that's why my copy looks like new. Plus the collector was condition conscious. I guess not much of anything from 1979 is rare, but I did wonder if the book had a low print run. Sorry to derail this thread for awhile... let's see some more ducks! Hopefully not in PGX slabs!

I picked mine up for around $10 - 15 from Joseph Koch on ebay a few years, and they had many available for that price. Neat book, though as mention the reproduction isn't that great.

Back in 79 it was state of the art. We are so spoiled now by the Another Rainbow, DC Archives, etc and I'm on cloud9.gif

Hey HKP,

It gives me and my colleagues at Gemstone a real kick to see your kind review of MICKEY AND THE GANG in this thread; not to mention your citation of it later, in regard to the early Donald's misbegotten yellow feathers.

There might still be more merchandise out there with C—k Robin... it's just that the Noma Christmas light is the only item we know about thus far.

Sorry you didn't care for the illustrated children's stories we reprinted in the book. Lucky for me that you're the first person I've heard from who considers their inclusion a loss! (-:

:ducks thrown tomato:

Hope you enjoy the other Gemstone comics—in particular that you're catching our new Gottfredson reprints. On another note, I'll stay tuned to this thread for more of these beautiful comic cover reproductions. Nice to see someone can afford these early books in good shape. My own WDC&S 1 looks like it got run over by a streetcar.

David Gerstein

Gemstone Archival Editor

Hey HKP,

It gives me and my colleagues at Gemstone a real kick to see your kind review of MICKEY AND THE GANG in this thread; not to mention your citation of it later, in regard to the early Donald's misbegotten yellow feathers.

There might still be more merchandise out there with C—k Robin... it's just that the Noma Christmas light is the only item we know about thus far.

Sorry you didn't care for the illustrated children's stories we reprinted in the book. Lucky for me that you're the first person I've heard from who considers their inclusion a loss! (-:

:ducks thrown tomato:

Hope you enjoy the other Gemstone comics—in particular that you're catching our new Gottfredson reprints. On another note, I'll stay tuned to this thread for more of these beautiful comic cover reproductions. Nice to see someone can afford these early books in good shape. My own WDC&S 1 looks like it got run over by a streetcar.

David Gerstein

Gemstone Archival Editor

Welcome to the boards!

Feel free to post anything of interest to you regardless of condition. In fact, the only folks who post scans of interior pages are those with the "run over" books so we'd be the poorer without everyone's participation.

I've been a big supporter of Gladstone/Another Rainbow through the years, but haven't picked up on the Gemstone material. I'm glad you're in the business and I hope you do very well to spread the news about these great all-ages stories. I'm afraid that I'm not a customer you've captured yet because I prefer to buy premium trade paperback material -- large format with high quality paper. Also, I'm too orderly of a person to like the mix of stories -- I'd prefer Gottfriedson straight up or Rosa straight up. The anthology style makes it too hard to find something after I shelve it.

The back cover of a book that hasn't been posted yet. File copy

before it got a CGC 9.0. One grader was leaning towards 9.2 which

I guess would have raised the value another $5,000. Got to keep this

beauty for a few days last fall. Sadly, it was not for sale frown.gif. Will

see if I can get permission to post the front as well.

fc9_bc.jpg

Here's a better look at a book from the January Heritage auction - the

last issue I needed to complete the run. Very rare in this shape.

mmv510.jpg

Edited by hkp