• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,432 posts in this topic

On 3/21/2022 at 11:43 AM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

As a kid I wasn't such a big fan of Baby Huey but I sure liked Stumbo the Giant and Hot Stuff! Real clean artwork on those books. These early issues don't turn up to often; they were pretty much turned to pulp by the kids who read them.

Always a staple at the barber shop and always well read. 

783F1762-6E70-43E3-984D-44234E8EB52D.jpeg

Well the time has come, starting a business for the wife to run (A Nail Salon). The time is right and we are ready to do so.
Need to unload my duck books. If anyone is interested let me know.
I have them up on ebay now, any offers here would be accepted also. Wish us luck.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/babyblumaverick/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

On 4/8/2022 at 6:02 PM, Stingrayiii said:

Well the time has come, starting a business for the wife to run (A Nail Salon). The time is right and we are ready to do so.
I have them up on ebay now, any offers here would be accepted also. Wish us luck.

Good luck with the sales! Definitely following a few!

On 4/9/2022 at 6:02 AM, Stingrayiii said:

Some really nice books, but I'm curious why you chose to put them on eBay.  I'd think Heritage or CC would be much better venues for big ticket Duck books.

On 4/8/2022 at 7:50 PM, tth2 said:

Some really nice books, but I'm curious why you chose to put them on eBay.  I'd think Heritage or CC would be much better venues for big ticket Duck books.

Heritage and CC, takes longer to process the books. Need cash faster to hold store front down payment, and to buy salon equipment. But true it would bring in more money. Sometimes you have to take chances, seems to have worked out well for me so far.

On 4/9/2022 at 11:39 AM, Stingrayiii said:
On 4/9/2022 at 10:50 AM, tth2 said:

Heritage and CC, takes longer to process the books. Need cash faster to hold store front down payment, and to buy salon equipment. But true it would bring in more money. Sometimes you have to take chances, seems to have worked out well for me so far.

Both will provide advances, if quick cash was the immediate need.  I just hope you don't end up leaving money on the table.  The 9.4 FC 386 could be a $20k book on Heritage, so I'll be curious to see what it does on eBay.

For what it's worth, I've just put in my first bids on eBay in more than a decade, so I'm glad you mentioned the books here.  Good luck! 

On 4/13/2022 at 10:35 PM, BitterOldMan said:

From Free Comic Book Day, Saturday May 9, 2022.  Here’s an early copy.

BE8791A6-74AF-409D-9D40-4CB197F878C4.thumb.jpeg.5632794220d9fc503434ba1b14dd8ac6.jpeg

Well, that's cool. Anyone know if there will be any regularly published Disney comics coming up? I miss my fix.

On 4/14/2022 at 4:14 AM, Badger said:

Well, that's cool. Anyone know if there will be any regularly published Disney comics coming up? I miss my fix.

IDW tried to create new Scrooge material, but sales were low.  I found the material to be lackluster and mediocre, lacking the humor and charm of stories and art by Carl Barks or Don Rosa.

640D7D1C-5F6F-40F5-AA5B-9477CE6BA14B.thumb.jpeg.ae471106afd709216b3f4d8af90ba764.jpeg

I do enjoy the Disney Masters series from Fantagraphics, translating older material from European artists.

8A198F1C-62E1-4A24-AD88-242997EAFD1D.webp.629edd0469f09338b7fdb2b85d2dd7af.webp

On 4/14/2022 at 5:16 PM, OtherEric said:

What on earth are they including in the FCBD issue that would require a T/ 13+ rating?

Here is the last page with Big Bad Wolf getting chased.  By the time I was thirteen, I had been in dozens of fist fights.  I have only been stabbed twice and hit in the head with a baseball bat once.

1117D390-3519-4B90-B887-4B57A2E96C37.thumb.jpeg.bd0aa3aa9721e6b4e8352cce2fc3ac55.jpeg

On 4/9/2022 at 11:39 AM, Stingrayiii said:

Hope you're happy with the results, they seemed to be decent prices.