• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,444 posts in this topic

It's been a while since I've been able to post anything here. Here's a couple of new pick-ups.

Nice books! I was bidding on both of them too and the 9.4 Donald.

I didn't realize you were still collecting Ducks. I could trade you a few if you have any Scrooges left...

I didn't realize you were still collecting Ducks. I could trade you a few if you have any Scrooges left...

Not really collecting Ducks anymore. I'll throw a relatively low bid at nice Ducks without any expectation of winning. I think this is the first time I've won under this new philosophy!

I've only got raw Scrooges left, none high grade enough to meet your standards.

That's beautiful, Transplant.

Btw., the new Carl Barks Collected Works is now available for pre-order on Amazon. They have a special offer on the first set that looks attractive: only 1/3 the price of the corresponding European editions. Don't know if the qulity will be the same.

Edited by tb

Btw., the new Carl Barks Collected Works is now available for pre-order on Amazon. They have a special offer on the first set that looks attractive: only 1/3 the price of the corresponding European editions. Don't know if the quality will be the same.

Do we know what stories are included in the first set?

Btw., the new Carl Barks Collected Works is now available for pre-order on Amazon. They have a special offer on the first set that looks attractive: only 1/3 the price of the corresponding European editions. Don't know if the qulity will be the same.

94.50 is 1/3 the price? How many pages is that first volume?

As a follow up for anybody who missed it and might care. This is how the FC 108 came back from CGC:

151585-001cc.jpg

:pullhair:

Edited by Transplant

As a follow up for anybody who missed it and might care. This is how the FC 108 came back from CGC:

151585-001cc.jpg

:( Bummer! The scan`s too small to read the label--what happened to the book?

151585-001cc.jpg

:( Bummer! The scan`s too small to read the label--what happened to the book?

Very sorry to see that, Transplant. Many of us know what it is like to have an expensive book like that come back in a purple holder. Not that it will be much comfort, but I would note that I do believe the seller you bought it from sold it in good faith. I've bought many books from him and the 3 I've submitted so far have all been unrestored. I'd try to talk with him and see if I at least could trade it for one of the other books in the same price range. I've virtually stopped buying raw books uninspected since I got burned on eBay 7 years ago. Like CGC or not, for me collecting has been a lot more enjoyable since I switched to certified books.

---

> Do we know what stories are included in the first set?

In contrast to the CBL and "CBL in Color", the stories are printed in chronological order. In Europe, the first set contained volumes I, XI, and XXI. That means stories from 1943-44, 1953, and around 1960-61. Each volume will contain shorter and longer stories with lots of background material about Barks and the Ducks. The format works much better since the best stories are spread out over the 10 sets instead of being included in the first 4.

As far as I remember, each book has around 230 pages and the printing is beautiful with everything in color. The AR books definitely look cheap in comparison. The price for each set has been around $300 in Scandinavia.

Thanks for the info, tb.