• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,442 posts in this topic

Does anyone recall the issue where Donald and the boys explore caves and find an underground civilization, monsters, etc - ala Journey to the Center of the Earth?

thanks,

Bill

With the Terry Firmies? I believe that's somewhere in the Unclse Scrooge 7-12 range.

:shy: Land Beneath the Ground! in US 13 actually. Good memory Marc (thumbs u

:shy: Land Beneath the Ground! in US 13 actually. Good memory Marc (thumbs u

Think I once posted a better picture of Terri-Fermi art but can't find that. Note the difference between Terries and Fermies...

tfs.jpg

The 9.6 is only with me for a couple of weeks but I thought the sight of the two together justified a post.

moc20x2.jpg

wow, that is sick. what do you think those two bad boys are worth tb?

I'd rather not talk about that if you don't mind. I just count myself privileged to be able to handle books like these and wanted to share a fun moment.

I can't tell for certain if that is the 9.6 copy that sold on Heritage in Aug 2007 (although I suspect it is), but the copy on Heritage sold for $11,950. A 9.0 copy (not the same as this one) sold in the same Heritage auction for $4182.50.

My first Duck book. Freshly won in the CLink auction.

Great book, and nice price! The Barks books went for REALLY low prices - I don't think any of them even sold for guide price. Here was my win:

fc199.jpg

My first Duck book. Freshly won in the CLink auction.

RAD06DA92007820_183542.jpg

Nice Duck book to start with! It's all downhill from there! :baiting:

I am glad I missed this one, FC9 would have been a book worth going after

Wow Angelo! what a book! I have pretty much resigned myself to never owning that one.

Can I ask how much the 7.0 FC199 went for Matt? I have been noticing much lower prices on ducks for a year now, and just wondering if it's still dropping or hitting a plateau. I have a nice 199, more of a 6.0/6.5 though, raw that I picked up for $175.

Wow Angelo! what a book! I have pretty much resigned myself to never owning that one.

Can I ask how much the 7.0 FC199 went for Matt? I have been noticing much lower prices on ducks for a year now, and just wondering if it's still dropping or hitting a plateau. I have a nice 199, more of a 6.0/6.5 though, raw that I picked up for $175.

The 7.0 went for $331 and the 8.5 went for $850.

Hard to tell on the 8.5. GPA has an '03 sale of $550 and an 08/07 sale of $1673 :o

Apparently that pulled out this copy but no repeat of that big price. Heritage has a 9.0 that is already at $1600 but the last sale of 1955 was in '02. There are 3 other blue labels higher so it will be interesting to see.

The last GPA sales for the 7.0 were 306/310 so not a bargain there, but not a huge leap.

Interesting side note on the 8.5. The same copy sold at Heritage in August 2007 for $1673. I wouldn't want to be the person flipping that book for a loss of 800 before fees. Ouch.

Edited by Transplant