• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,444 posts in this topic

Wow Angelo! what a book! I have pretty much resigned myself to never owning that one.

Can I ask how much the 7.0 FC199 went for Matt? I have been noticing much lower prices on ducks for a year now, and just wondering if it's still dropping or hitting a plateau. I have a nice 199, more of a 6.0/6.5 though, raw that I picked up for $175.

Guide price is $426, and I paid $331. I think my copy presents very well, and I'm thrilled to now own a copy (I really think the cover is one of Barks' best).

Yellow covers. :cloud9:

Yellow cover duck book. :cloud9: :cloud9:

Speaking of yellow, I won the FC29 at Heritage (my all-time favorite duck cover) :banana:

2298261139_9375787dbc_b.jpg

GE

Congratulations. It must have been an oversight that this was not designated a file copy. It is clearly the same hand writing you see on many other Dell file copies from this time. Very peculiar that the cop census still only is an 8.0. I know the owner who bought it privately from a long time collector who otherwise hardly had any Barks issues that graded outside 9.2 to 9.6 with CGC. It was the same person who owned the CGC 9.6 FC 199.

Very peculiar that the cop census still only is an 8.0.

Doesn`t surprise me at all. Historically, I think this has been considered THE toughest FC Duck book to find in any kind of decent condition. The FC Ducks below 100 are all impossible to find in HG, even #9, which despite the anomalous number of 9.4 and higher copies in the Census never seem to come to market. I can`t even imagine the price a 9.4 #9 would get if one came on the market.

Speaking of yellow, I won the FC29 at Heritage (my all-time favorite duck cover) :banana:

2298261139_9375787dbc_b.jpg

GE

Awesome! :applause: I've got Barks' copy of Uncle Scrooge & Donald Duck in which "The Mummy's Ring" is a backup feature. Love the story.

I think I posted it everywhere else but I got this upgrade recently:

FC386fc.jpg

Congratulations, T-plant. A friend of mine who collects extremely high grade CGC Four Colors has started also buying up raw "reading copies" which - for him - means the VF-range :). Perhaps it's some comfort to those of us who can't pay $28K for a CGC 9.4 that even the people who do also want to be able to browse through those very cool stories.

Congratulations, T-plant. A friend of mine who collects extremely high grade CGC Four Colors has started also buying up raw "reading copies" which - for him - means the VF-range :). Perhaps it's some comfort to those of us who can't pay $28K for a CGC 9.4 that even the people who do also want to be able to browse through those very cool stories.
Are you trying to say mine is not 9.4? Guess I overpaid. :gossip: It's not, by the way.

:news:

I just purchased a collection that has, essentially, every Barks book in it, save March of Comics 4, Four Color 9, 386 and 456 (which the guy had but wanted to keep. For now, along with some original Barks sketches). These books are not in high grade but are nice reading copies (mostly G/VG to F/F+s). Before I go through the laborious process of going through them all and listing them in the Markeplace, is anybody here looking for specific issues? All the Four Colors, all the Scrooges, all of WDCS', everything. Just let me know. Thanks!

Edited by FlyingDonut