• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,446 posts in this topic

Eight new books for me! The Uncle Scrooge books are all condition upgrades and the WDCS are just "glad I found them" copies. Seems the person before me was a Christmas collector.

WDCS 16

WDCS16.jpg

WDCS 51

WDCS51.jpg

WDCS 76

WDCS76.jpg

US 22

US22.jpg

US 32

US32.jpg

US 42

US42.jpg

US 64

US64.jpg

US 69

US69.jpg

Eight new books for me! The Uncle Scrooge books are all condition upgrades and the WDCS are just "glad I found them" copies. Seems the person before me was a Christmas collector.

Nice books!! :banana:

Just arrived today. Published in 1958, it's right on the cusp of the Silver Age but I thought you guys would still like to see it. (shrug)

Nice book! I love those squarebounds.

Even though this thread is located in the GA forum, we`re era-agnostic here. Ducks from all periods are welcome!

Holy cow!! Has anyone seen the prices on the Uncle Scrooges in the Heritage signature auction? They're all over $2100 already, even the 9.4 copies! :o

This Four Color #282 came in the mail today. :)

fourcolor282hn2.jpg

One of my favorite issues. Love this story and have always thought that Barks writing beats any super hero bash fest hands down.

You thought right.

I have a question for you Barks experts. Does the fact that a book has more Bark's content make a difference in desirability?
I'm not an expert, but I do enjoy a good Barks story. Yes, it makes a difference. When I'm buying Ducks and am not sure of the artist I always ask. The more Barks the more, I want it.

I have a question for you Barks experts. Does the fact that a book has more Bark's content make a difference in desirability?

Can't call myself an expert but absolutely, lots of Barks collectors out there, so his comics are worth more. He did most of the classic early stuff.

Absolutely. WDC&Ss without Barks historically went for a much lower price than issues with his work, although with the WDC&S completionists at work these days, perhaps that price difference has been greatly reduced. Even WDC&S issues containing Barks work typically command a much lower value compared to their FC counterparts, because the WDC&Ss usually only have a short story by Barks compared to a full story in the FCs. Of course, some of those short stories in WDC&S are absolute classics.

Holy cow!! Has anyone seen the prices on the Uncle Scrooges in the Heritage signature auction? They're all over $2100 already, even the 9.4 copies! :o

maybe a couple of folks that really want?

Wow. Those are pre-BP prices too ($1800). Blowing GPA out of the water on these. I need to check my issues under 100 for any gems. Granted, these are file copies and I think each is the top census. Somehow I doubt the 9.4s will be top census for long once these prices hit. With BP, each of them is over $2100 with two weeks to go. :o Edited by Transplant