• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,444 posts in this topic

At first I thought I was seeing the front and back cover. Then I realized it was two copies! What a wonderful cover! (worship)

You know. If you found them outside, you should return them to their rightful owner. lol

Really gorgeous books that look much higher than 5.5, especially the file copy. TB, I love your collection of Duck books and MMM.

OT: I think it's funny that GPA lists a 1st series 6.5 sold in '06 for $200. Obviously a typo but considering the highest graded is a 6.0 and it last sold in '03 for $8k, imagine what a 6.5 would go for.

It never fails to amaze me how black covered books like this can possibly have survived all these years in such condition. There must be a story behind every such book. Why they were bought and never read. Why they were stored so carefully. We just assume all are file copies but maybe a book like this, almost certainly bought for a young child and never given, has a different history?

WDCS191.jpg

Beautiful copy, Steelcity! Even a file copy has to make it from the presses to the warehouse to the dealers/collectors. Any slip along the way by the person transporting the book and it's no longer a 9.4.

Miniature sized!

StoryHour1948.jpg

Is this a children's book? When is it from?

Your copy looks like the prettiest I've ever seen, bangzoom. Really appreciate you posting it.

I remember how FC 4 used to be ranked lower than FC 9 in Overstreet. Recently, FC 4 has been the clear winner of this battle, probably in large part due to the CGC census. It has to be the most sought after Disney comic today.

I posted my copy of Four Color #4 elsewhere on this forum last summer, but it more

likely should have been posted on this thread.

donaldduck4GA.jpg

It does seem like an anomaly that perhaps the most valuable of all Disney books has such low census numbers. I have not been able to find reliable circulation figures but FC 4 is clearly a lot scarcer in any grade than books like FC 16 and WDCS 1.

I do know that a significant number of high grade file copies have skewed the census for some books, including FC 9. In contrast, the FC 4 file copy shown in my photo is the only I have ever seen. It seems plausible that there could be a large cache of file copies out there somewhere and that would obviously have an impact on demand.

The 60's were all about the space race (and other stuff). I like to think of this as the book closest to having psychedelic coloring for Uncle Scrooge (it's a stretch, but hey!

49.jpg

One of my favorite of Bark's "modern" Duck stories. :cloud9:

Mine too. Mine was the 25 cent later reprint but what the hell. Still can remember reading that book as a child. :cloud9: