• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

It seems, based on the fact that NM copies have disappeared from several of the larger online retailers, that someone else has started to stockpile a book that I think could have long-term potential.

Countdown to Final Crisis #14, first appearance of Red Robin in DC continuity (first appearance outside of mainstream continuity was in Kingdom Come)

Anyone else hoping Batman/Superman 32 hits next week with Kenan Kong as Superman coming out next week

no matter what DC says..i'm not buying that it's Kong in BS 32....logic doesn't add up. The preview of New Superman has him as a teen bully with no powers yet it was stated that the Superman that flew off in BS 32 had never left the lab. I think something happens and he gets that Superman's powers. Similar to how Lois gets Superman 52s powers.

It seems, based on the fact that NM copies have disappeared from several of the larger online retailers, that someone else has started to stockpile a book that I think could have long-term potential.

Countdown to Final Crisis #14, first appearance of Red Robin in DC continuity (first appearance outside of mainstream continuity was in Kingdom Come)

Wasn't that Jason Todd as Red Robin though?

Anyone else hoping Batman/Superman 32 hits next week with Kenan Kong as Superman coming out next week

no matter what DC says..i'm not buying that it's Kong in BS 32....logic doesn't add up. The preview of New Superman has him as a teen bully with no powers yet it was stated that the Superman that flew off in BS 32 had never left the lab. I think something happens and he gets that Superman's powers. Similar to how Lois gets Superman 52s powers.

Origin Story, and he gets taken, tested on, escapes, returns to save someone.

BS 32, Both Prints, about to pop again. I haven't looked at the Comichron numbers for BS 32 yet, but I have enough of both 1st and 2nd Prints, but no Newstands of 1st or 2nd.

BS 32, Both Prints, about to pop again. I haven't looked at the Comichron numbers for BS 32 yet, but I have enough of both 1st and 2nd Prints, but no Newstands of 1st or 2nd.

costumes of the BS 32 and the New Superman are different also...i'll be interested to see how they tie it all up and make sense of it. Granted I have a couple BS 32, i'm personally more concerned about Superwoman's origin being in Superman 52 since I have more of those.

Edited by krighton

Wasn't that Jason Todd as Red Robin though?

I believe, but is it in continuity? The Batman from that issue is not.

Lot of slabbed books out there say differently, not that that means much. DC did come out and say its him too, right? but interesting idea

Lot of slabbed books out there say differently, not that that means much. DC did come out and say its him too, right? but interesting idea

welp, we'll find out for sure on 7/13...hopefully. Superman in the lab in BS 32 was born from The Mother of Champions and they normally only survive one week. The one in the test tube was merged with Superman's solar energy flares and doesn't have the weekly death sentence. Nothing about kidnapping a kid and I doubt he was born from The Mother of Champions (like Dr. Omen explained). I guess it's always possible he turns into a kid like Captain Marvel.

Edited by krighton

found something interesting on twitter...going back to speculating on Superman 52 and it being the origin of Superwoman and probably Ultrawoman. There's a Lois Lane twitter feed and she posted this:

What was happening to me...

After Superman... Clark... After he had died. Oh god. Even bringing myself to think it was hard... After that day, out in Smallville, when he gave his life in the most heroic manner anyone could have, thinking about others... After that day nothing was quiet the same.

I had flashes of memories. Memories not my own. Memories I'd never lived through, feelings I've never experienced.

Running. Through the corn-rows. The sharp blades of leaves not worrying me because nothing could hurt me. Jumping. Higher than I'd ever jumped before. Flying. Soaring through the night sky, so as not to get caught. Shooting fire from my eyes. Punching Darkseid, harder than anyone else could punch. Burning. My whole body on fire. Hotter and hotter. Anger that I couldn't tell the one I loved that they're the one. Burning like the sun. Everything on fire!

And then I'd wake up. Shaking. Sweating. Shivering. Hovering off of my bed.

What was happening to me? I knew these were his memories. These were Clark's memories. I know because I'd experienced these events along side Clark. But this... This was different. It was like I was seeing it through his eyes this time round. And now... I'm hovering. I'm actually levitating an inch off of my bed!

I was alone without Clark to help me. I didn't know who to turn to.

Who could I trust? What would I even say? I was there when Superman's SolarFlare consumed him into an engulfment of fire and burnt him from within. It turned him to ash. But not before I got shot in the heart with a solar blast?

Who would believe me?

No one.

I was alone.

What was happening to me?

No I can't let this consume me, drown me into depression. I have to think about Clark. He has to be my inspiration. My motivation. I have to honour him. His symbol.

Edited by krighton

just got a tweet from gene luan yang from New Superman comic, Kenan is not the guy who's flying off in BS 32...he shows up later.

just got a tweet from gene luan yang from New Superman comic, Kenan is not the guy who's flying off in BS 32...he shows up later.

DC lied to sell books, and now CGC needs to reprint the label that goes with B/S #32. lol