• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

Anyone else hoping Batman/Superman 32 hits next week with Kenan Kong as Superman coming out next week

no matter what DC says..i'm not buying that it's Kong in BS 32....logic doesn't add up. The preview of New Superman has him as a teen bully with no powers yet it was stated that the Superman that flew off in BS 32 had never left the lab. I think something happens and he gets that Superman's powers. Similar to how Lois gets Superman 52s powers.

Origin Story, and he gets taken, tested on, escapes, returns to save someone.

BS 32, Both Prints, about to pop again. I haven't looked at the Comichron numbers for BS 32 yet, but I have enough of both 1st and 2nd Prints, but no Newstands of 1st or 2nd.

just got a tweet from gene luan yang from New Superman comic, Kenan is not the guy who's flying off in BS 32...he shows up later.

DC lied to sell books, and now CGC needs to reprint the label that goes with B/S #32. lol

The label just says 1st Kenan Kong. Which it is. Nothing about being Superman. On the Facebook post everyone assumed he was Superman. All they said was "Did you catch the sneaky introduction of DCRebirth hero Kenan Kong..."

Again nothing about being Superman. It's places like these boards where people put the new character as being the new Superman.

Anyone else hoping Batman/Superman 32 hits next week with Kenan Kong as Superman coming out next week

no matter what DC says..i'm not buying that it's Kong in BS 32....logic doesn't add up. The preview of New Superman has him as a teen bully with no powers yet it was stated that the Superman that flew off in BS 32 had never left the lab. I think something happens and he gets that Superman's powers. Similar to how Lois gets Superman 52s powers.

BS 32, Both Prints, about to pop again. I haven't looked at the Comichron numbers for BS 32 yet, but I have enough of both 1st and 2nd Prints, but no Newstands of 1st or 2nd.

just got a tweet from gene luan yang from New Superman comic, Kenan is not the guy who's flying off in BS 32...he shows up later.

DC lied to sell books, and now CGC needs to reprint the label that goes with B/S #32. lol

The label just says 1st Kenan Kong. Which it is. Nothing about being Superman. On the Facebook post everyone assumed he was Superman. All they said was "Did you catch the sneaky introduction of DCRebirth hero Kenan Kong..."

Again nothing about being Superman. It's places like these boards where people put the new character as being the new Superman.

No it isn't as the CREATOR of Kenan Kong says "@krighton character in BM/SM is not Kenan. That's a different guy who will show up in a future issue of New Super-Man" he doesn't say it's not SUPERMAN, he says it's not KENAN. I have a feeling no one tweet more than that is going to make so many collectors question their life choices.

I have NO idea what that means...

My head hurts.

The solicits for New Superman say meet Kenan Kong: The New Superman.

Ive thought maybe hes a regular guy in the comic but ive read it page by page and theres no sign of a non super kong...:if you want to be even more confused check out new superman kenan kong on twitter

Edited by krighton

This has already been discussed and debunked:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/06/so-what-if-that-wasnt-the-chinese-new-super-man-in-batmansuperman-32/

Please move along. Geesh

can't move along until CGC changes the label.

this doesn't help

https://twitter.com/KongKenan/status/740250115491782656

Edited by krighton

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/06/so-what-if-that-wasnt-the-chinese-new-super-man-in-batmansuperman-32/

Please move along. Geesh

Absolutely Sir.

I'll just take it to one of the many Google groups that welcome Pre-Heat Speculation - Get it before it gets HOT talk...

( looks like a lot of you are leaving, mostly fighting & crickets here )

Edited by LarrysComics

Pre Spec hype for New Superman 1 should go through the roof, now that BS 32 is not Kenan's first appearance and that means that New Superman 1 will be the first ever Kenan Kong and New Superman all in one issue. No sneaky cameos to spoil the day on this one just a full fledged 1st full app of Kenan and New Superman.

Edited by krighton

Then why all the smoke and mirrors from DC including the tweet "Hey, Did you see the New Superman in Batman Superman #32?" if it wasn't their character's appearance, why mention it via twitter on a book already sold out and going 2nd print? To sell the 2nd prints?

Then why all the smoke and mirrors from DC including the tweet "Hey, Did you see the New Superman in Batman Superman #32?" if it wasn't their character's appearance, why mention it via twitter on a book already sold out and going 2nd print? To sell the 2nd prints?

either that or the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing....which wouldn't surprise me.

looking at this it can go one of two ways...this is right before bs 32 or this is their 2nd try after bs 32.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/new-super-man-1-dc-comics-2016-1

possible the dr. lady was lying to the justice league about the creation of the new superman....or yang was fibbing about about it not being Kenan...or maybe not. Would love to see the pages after the ones previewed. I'm sure there's early birds who have already read the whole thing and can shed some light.

Edited by krighton

Well if it does 3 boardies in my sales thread did well as I sold each for $10.

:whee: I am rich.

from the last spoiler page in NS 1 it looked like Chinese Bat-Man and Wonder Woman fly down into the lab and fight New Superman soon after his mutation...that didn't happen in BS 32.

Edited by krighton

It has been mentioned before but there are some characters whose 1st appearances seem a little or a lot too cheap. Miles Morales, Booster Gold, and America Chavez spring to mind.

Hawkeye

Add Kate Bishop to the list of women getting their own book. Looking at Kamala Khan, Gwen Stacy characters Spider-Gwen, Gwenpool, and even Gwenom, plus Riri Williams, you might want to take a good long look at this character. Some explode on hype and speculation while others slowly build a fan base. Hawkeye (Bishop) seems to be one of the latter. Young Avengers #1 is UNDER $30 and #12 can be had for under $10 shipped.

Edited by The Authority

Please move along. Geesh

Absolutely Sir.

I'll just take it to one of the many Google groups that welcome Pre-Heat Speculation - Get it before it gets HOT talk...

( looks like a lot of you are leaving, mostly fighting & crickets here )

Then one more won't hurt us much will it?

Everytime I think you have an ounce of sense you say something stupid like that.

Edited by Fastballspecial

It has been mentioned before but there are some characters whose 1st appearances seem a little or a lot too cheap. Miles Morales, Booster Gold, and America Chavez spring to mind.

Hawkeye

Add Kate Bishop to the list of women getting their own book. Looking at Kamala Khan, Gwen Stacy characters Spider-Gwen, Gwenpool, and even Gwenom, plus Riri Williams, you might want to take a good long look at this character. Some explode on hype and speculation while others slowly build a fan base. Hawkeye (Bishop) seems to be one of the latter. Young Avengers #1 is UNDER $30 and #12 can be had for under $10 shipped.

YA 1 has been the best under the radar book for the last couple of years.

I buy it any chance I can.

Edited by Fastballspecial

So I finally got to reading Doctor Strange Prelude #1. There are a ton of first appearances here.

Featured Characters:

Masters of the Mystic Arts (First appearance)

Wong (First appearance)

Kaecilius (First appearance)

Daniel Drumm (First appearance)

Tina Minoru (First appearance)

Wonder if any of these make the movie. Anyone know for sure?