• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

i'd guess around 100k, that's not out of control for a new DC #1 comic...I think the BS 32 1st Kenan talk took a bit of the steam off the New Superman 1 so maybe not quite that many.

Edited by krighton

Cho variants for Street Fighter Legends Cammy #1. Preorders cut or altogether cancelled. I'm guessing print run is pretty damn low based on midtown's pricing. 25 and 51 bucks for a 1:10 and 1:20 incentive variants is priced stupidly high for them, especially on an independent book.

i'd guess around 100k, that's not out of control for a new DC #1 comic...I think the BS 32 1st Kenan talk took a bit of the steam off the New Superman 1 so maybe not quite that many.

I'll take 250 K. If its 100k I saw very close to 1% of the run in two stores

I'll take 250 K. If its 100k I saw very close to 1% of the run in two stores

you saw 1k copies in two stores

I saw maybe 90 copies at lunch time in one store, cover a variant...they had around 20 when I stopped back in 3 hours.

Edited by krighton

Anyone think any of the coming Rebirth titles will get hot or has that ship sailed? I was going to preorder Deathstroke as Priest is writing it and I think he is an awesome writer but in the end I decided against it. Supergirl with Lupacchino and AH! covers? Any of these or others?

I don't think so myself.

I passed on New Superman. Maybe it'll be a mistake but I'm just not confident anyone will give a about him. The run is going to have to be epic.

apparently you don't give a about him so I guess that's good enough.

Spec'ing on knock-off characters - doh!

Short term gamble. But they all eventually go nowhere.

People still aren't learning from the 90's crash.........

so they ALL go nowhere...that's good to know...i'll tell that to X-23 fans....Kid Flash was a knock off of the Flash...Flash was a knock off of the Golden Age Flash.

Edited by krighton

Anyone think any of the coming Rebirth titles will get hot or has that ship sailed? I was going to preorder Deathstroke as Priest is writing it and I think he is an awesome writer but in the end I decided against it. Supergirl with Lupacchino and AH! covers? Any of these or others?

I don't think so myself.

Rebirth still sells great and besides Deathstroke and Supergirl there's Superwoman and Harley coming up soon.

I passed on New Superman. Maybe it'll be a mistake but I'm just not confident anyone will give a about him. The run is going to have to be epic.

apparently you don't give a about him so I guess that's good enough.

I think the star of the Super family is going to be Jon. There are plenty of "new" readers that Rebirth is pulling in who used to be DC / Superman fans who quit with N52. Not confident that New Superman will draw enough people in. Action and Superman are both off to solid starts. Just going with my gut on this one. I'm not adamant about it, just going with my gut off the bat.

Thanks for the education...

I speculated on this book because Time Warner appears to be marketing towards a very large customer base. China.

I took a shot based on that...

Betting it's a mid to long term hold BTW.

Thanks for the education...

I speculated on this book because Time Warner appears to be marketing towards a very large customer base. China.

I took a shot based on that...

Betting it's a mid to long term hold BTW.

Oh, I know all about TW's plans with China. They're partners. Still doesn't mean squat for a Superman/Superboy knock-off.