• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

Anyone know what this is? Was looking at spider-Gwen back issues on midtowns site and saw this. An upcoming J. Scott cover?

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=DF+SPIDER%2DGWEN+%239+COMICXP_1562147

I normally avoid DF like the plague.....

Ah see this is why I come here. To learn. Thanks. Their website seems awkward.

I can only speak from ordering CGC stuff from them...after 9 months of waiting I cancelled my order

Just read New Super-Man, while there was a HUGE change to an original preview, I really think Kenan did appear in BS #32, but was taken and held there in containment for some reason, and when he got free, had someplace to be again.....I have a feeling we will catch up to that moment here soon.

We will find out more in 2 weeks and then again in another 2, but issue does have 2 MAJOR 1st Appearances that might be considered a cameo, but are on the last page spread.

Just read New Super-Man, while there was a HUGE change to an original preview, I really think Kenan did appear in BS #32, but was taken and held there in containment for some reason, and when he got free, had someplace to be again.....I have a feeling we will catch up to that moment here soon.

We will find out more in 2 weeks and then again in another 2, but issue does have 2 MAJOR 1st Appearances that might be considered a cameo, but are on the last page spread.

How was the book? I'm actually kinda excited for it.

But I am also glad I ordered a few extra copies having just read what you said. I actually think it's possible this character could be huge over seas. There is a market for it.

i'm not buying him going back into a tube (it's his comic, why would he spend any time at all back in isolation)...I think it's someone different. Guess we'll find out in the future. Yang said it wasn't Kenan, good enough for me. Normally they'll say (6 months ago) or some such to show you the action happened in the past.

Edited by krighton

The plot shows more so that it is him, being contained with his untrained self/or because he finds something big out and has to be a hero. They don't want a Hero, the government wants a powerful super-being who can be controlled.

Strapped in for this one. Good spec regardless. But HOLD that BS #32.

I tweeted him again for clarification

He said "that guy shows up later". Well, the guy Kenan is now, will not be the same guy Kenan is later. I bet they pull the Origin story, and then get back to why he was in the tube.

And if they didn't make you all think that this wasn't his 1st Appearance, well, all you speculators wouldn't buy New Super-Man #1 so heavily.

DC is playing games, and until the CGC label is retracted, you have a lot of disproving to do.

He said "that guy shows up later". Well, the guy Kenan is now, will not be the same guy Kenan is later. I bet they pull the Origin story, and then get back to why he was in the tube.

And if they didn't make you all think that this wasn't his 1st Appearance, well, all you speculators wouldn't buy New Super-Man #1 so heavily.

DC is playing games, and until the CGC label is retracted, you have a lot of disproving to do.

I'm so confused haha

This is why i like the speculation game its fun.

Am i wrong or am i sleeping on piles of monies.

Let the games begin.

10% of the Time i'm a 100% correct. hm

Anyone know what this is? Was looking at spider-Gwen back issues on midtowns site and saw this. An upcoming J. Scott cover?

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=DF+SPIDER%2DGWEN+%239+COMICXP_1562147

I normally avoid DF like the plague.....

DF, the Franklin Mint of comic books.

:signfunny:

DF + ComicXposure, wow, the ultimate (tsk)

Could be Jamal Campbell though... hm

At this point we can't trust the narrator ( Kong ) because his origin was manufactured by Dr. Omen. After all he is created in an Origin Chamber by a shadowy agency headed by a seemingly unscrupulous scientist. Who's to say Chinese Batman and Wonder Woman didn't Subdue him and put him back in the chamber where a modified containment suit was created to control the kind of solar outburst he displayed after the dream? All of issue 1 could easily be a flashback told by Kong while still in the tank. I see Dr Omen using Superman trying to save the plane his mom was on to create a Chinese Superman who wants to blame Superman for his mother's death.

At this point we can't trust the narrator ( Kong ) because his origin was manufactured by Dr. Omen. After all he is created in an Origin Chamber by a shadowy agency headed by a seemingly unscrupulous scientist. Who's to say Chinese Batman and Wonder Woman didn't Subdue him and put him back in the chamber where a modified containment suit was created to control the kind of solar outburst he displayed after the dream? All of issue 1 could easily be a flashback told by Kong while still in the tank. I see Dr Omen using Superman trying to save the plane his mom was on to create a Chinese Superman who wants to blame Superman for his mother's death.

he's actually blaming the fat kids parents for her death...some wild speculation going on.

he's actually blaming the fat kids parents for her death...some wild speculation going on.

He seems to regret blaming the owners of the company though. There is a lot of weird going on in this book that leads me to believe his memories either aren't real or have been tampered with. Take a look at mom in the plane. That puppy is going down fast. She doesn't look scared at all. The whole issue is voiced over by Kong in the tank and it just doesn't seem real. I find it really odd that mom died because Superman couldn't save a falling plane.

Edited by MrWeen

He seems to regret blaming the owners of the company though. There is a lot of weird going on in this book that leads me to believe his memories either aren't real or have been tampered with. Take a look at mom in the plane. That puppy is going down fast. She doesn't look scared at all. The whole issue is voiced over by Kong in the tank and it just doesn't seem real. I find it really odd that mom died because Superman couldn't save a falling plane.

I think his memories have now been meshed with the new 52 superman....After reading it I feel 100% that this is neither a flashback nor some weird mind trick and he's still in the tube.

first Ming Ming!