• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February 2016 Heritage Auction

400 posts in this topic

Nice of them to wait so long to get someone on the phone to bid. Wasn't it?

I was takin' a dump! Some things cannot be hurried.

If you happened to be there in person would you have expected them to hold up the auction so you could drop the kids off at the pool?

If you happened to be there in person would you have expected them to hold up the auction so you could drop the kids off at the pool?

I was not the phone guy, just joshin'.

But when I went to a HA auction Live in NYC I did have to time my bathroom breaks carefully. So it WAS a consideration.

I was not the phone guy, just joshin'.

But when I went to a HA auction Live in NYC I did have to time my bathroom breaks carefully. So it WAS a consideration.

I figured. I've just never seen an auction held up like that. Generally, if you ain't available they don't wait.

I had that over street update with the Jim Lee Punisher and Wolverine cover. maybe I am missing something but I thought it went for a good price. If I didn't already buy the DPS I would have bid on it. I hope I don't regret it! You hate it when something is so close to what you would have bid. You would rather it go for an order of magnitude more knowing that you had no chance.

Malvin

Prices are incredible for the more modern art. Guess my full attention on early bronze and before needs reconsideration.

I find comments like that interesting. In effect you're saying you're attracted to the high prices. Nothing wrong with that, but interesting.

I had that over street update with the Jim Lee Punisher and Wolverine cover. maybe I am missing something but I thought it went for a good price. If I didn't already buy the DPS I would have bid on it. I hope I don't regret it! You hate it when something is so close to what you would have bid. You would rather it go for an order of magnitude more knowing that you had no chance.

Malvin

Well I was the bid at 6K, not sure why I didn't hit it again, which would have put it around 9K w/ the Juice. I dunno just didn't do it, mentality going in I was thinking anything under 10K and I was probably in there. :juggle:

Oh my.....the bidding on the ASM 62

I didn't see it. What do you mean?

People say condition doesn't matter, but I couldn't enjoy that cover the way it looks right now. The paper looks like suede; between that and the fact the art is glued down... yeesh. Luckily my budget does not allow for 180k covers

Oh my.....the bidding on the ASM 62

I didn't see it. What do you mean?

People say condition doesn't matter, but I couldn't enjoy that cover the way it looks right now. The paper looks like suede; between that and the fact the art is glued down... yeesh. Luckily my budget does not allow for 180k covers

It looked like it was stuck at $100k+BP, but it kept climbing, slowly.....just kept going up.

I would have, personally, gone for the DD cover at the beginning of the auction first.

Then there was the confusion on the first ASM 39 page. He closed it somewhere around 5 times, reopened, refigured the bidding, open, closed, live, internet, etc....eventually it closed.

Malvin

Well I was the bid at 6K, not sure why I didn't hit it again, which would have put it around 9K w/ the Juice. I dunno just didn't do it, mentality going in I was thinking anything under 10K and I was probably in there. :juggle:

heh, that was me at something like 5555 before live bidding.

I was very keen on that cover going into it, but when the DPS became available, I decided that going for a sure thing (as in I know the price) was better than leaving the price to the vagaries of an auction. We can both comfort ourselves saying that even if we bid, we likely would have been outbid anyways :)

And if I had to pick, I would rather have the DPS than the cover so I'm comfortable with my decision.

Malvin

Please STOP bidding on the UXM 221 splash so I dont have to make fun of you 4Ever. :makepoint:

I really hope whoever won that is also a dentist and will hang the artwork at his practice with a warning about the risks of not flossing properly.