• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February 2016 Heritage Auction

400 posts in this topic

If I have to read you typing this SAME response another 100 times in the next few weeks I think my head will explode. I'm stupid at chat boards...how do I IGNORE someone please?

Jay

Click the poster's name that you want to ignore.

A drop down menu will appear. Click "View Profile"

Down in the middle toward the bottom of the profile info is a link that says "Ignore User"

Boom. That's it.

:cool:

Well, specifically Romita Spidey pages seem to be NOT HURTING AT ALL in the early bidding, so I can't imagine anything else is going to be greatly impacted.

Wouldn't the shillers be especially motivated to show strong results on romita spidey post this debacle?

If I were them I'd be shilling romita up even more now (not less) to avoid the perception of a market that was propped up all along 2c

Well, specifically Romita Spidey pages seem to be NOT HURTING AT ALL in the early bidding, so I can't imagine anything else is going to be greatly impacted.

Wouldn't the shillers be especially motivated to show strong results on romita spidey post this debacle?

If I were them I'd be shilling romita up even more now (not less) to avoid the perception of a market that was propped up all along 2c

Ironic, isn't it? That a charge and exposure of shilling, doesn't lead to it being stopped, but more likely leads to even more shilling happening? It is to laugh, it is to cry.

If I have to read you typing this SAME response another 100 times in the next few weeks I think my head will explode. I'm stupid at chat boards...how do I IGNORE someone please?

Jay

Click the poster's name that you want to ignore.

A drop down menu will appear. Click "View Profile"

Down in the middle toward the bottom of the profile info is a link that says "Ignore User"

Boom. That's it.

:cool:

Thanks Eric I have never had to Ignore anyone on the board but now have a list of them.

John B.

:o Clearly I am still a babe in the woods...

Sure would be nice to find conversation about the art in an auction in a thread ABOUT AN ART AUCTION..

example:

Spider-Man vs Wolverine #1 cover already at $13K -- how much higher can this go? I remember how big a deal this comic was when it came out and it's a memorable cover for LOTS of fans who were Marvel Zombies back then ... is $20K for a Mark Bright cover possible?

Sure would be nice to find conversation about the art in an auction in a thread ABOUT AN ART AUCTION..

example:

Spider-Man vs Wolverine #1 cover already at $13K -- how much higher can this go? I remember how big a deal this comic was when it came out and it's a memorable cover for LOTS of fans who were Marvel Zombies back then ... is $20K for a Mark Bright cover possible?

Sure, we've got two posters here who have put $35K estimates on the piece, one of whom says that's his minimum expectation! :D

$40k for Anderson X-Men Annual 5 cover was pretty far out too, but then we found out is was a mega grail for Ron. This cover could be a similar piece for at least two bidders. No way do I think it's 'worth' 35k,

The big difference between the Anderson cover and this one is that the former was lost in the wilderness for 25 years after Ron sold it the first time around. The Bright cover, on the other hand, was sold at auction in the '00s and has been openly displayed publicly on CAF for years, so it's unlikely there's a "Ron" out there who didn't know about it until now and is willing to lay down $35-$40K+ for it just because it's popped up at auction now.

$40k for Anderson X-Men Annual 5 cover was pretty far out too, but then we found out is was a mega grail for Ron. This cover could be a similar piece for at least two bidders. No way do I think it's 'worth' 35k,

The big difference between the Anderson cover and this one is that the former was lost in the wilderness for 25 years after Ron sold it the first time around. The Bright cover, on the other hand, was sold at auction in the '00s and has been openly displayed publicly on CAF for years, so it's unlikely there's a "Ron" out there who didn't know about it until now and is willing to lay down $35-$40K+ for it just because it's popped up at auction now.

Don't get too excited Gene. My estimate was based on it being out of sight. Turns out is wasn't and I just hadn't bumped into it recently. Um..okay? Mistakes happen, hope you have a long piece of paper to keep score on...I make them approximately as often as most people :)

But if you need to be right on this...ok!

Of course the auction has hardly ended, reserves (if any) haven't even gone up yet. Any great analysis is premature.

That goes for the shilling 5th quarter analysis too, who knows when un-hidden reserves haven't been posted. And the whole sale is fair game for shilling anyway, per HA?? All other things being equal (HA policy go-fo), let's say the conservative approach is probably to wait and see how the next several sales go, how many 'worth paying attention to' pieces end up in real CAF galleries post-sale or in the hands of real collectors? Well that's how I'm looking at it. Same with the other Houses.

is $20K for a Mark Bright cover possible?

I think some of the bidding may be based on the description that says HA's opinion is that the cover "looks to have been inked by" Al Williamson.

Somewhere, Mark D (AKA "MD" AKA "Doc") Bright may be shill-ing in his pants. Just kidding.

Only to the greatest degree possible...

Otherwise, if we were only about "art appreciation", instead of cruising the auctions and this forum, we should just stick to commenting on all the art on CAF.

So no discussion about the HA auction ending this week?

Looks like a mix of some strong prices on some pieces already while other pieces at lower prices going into the end of internet bidding and the live auction.

One piece I placed a tracking bid on is still holding :o

So no discussion about the HA auction ending this week?

Looks like a mix of some strong prices on some pieces already while other pieces at lower prices going into the end of internet bidding and the live auction.

One piece I placed a tracking bid on is still holding :o

:wishluck:

ixnay on talking about eritagehay

some pieces I am interested in still look surprisingly affordable (which we all know is always the case before the live auction starts and is meaningless, but it keeps the dream alive!)

Malvin

I'm leading on one that I know won't hold up and I'm under bidder on one that's at 25% of where I'm willing to take it. I'm completely confident that I won't win either piece.