• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What series do you secretly hate that the comic community always praises?

190 posts in this topic

Watchmen. :P Hated the comic,hated the movie.

Read through the whole thing.

First, I thought it was just me, I must be missing something. Then I was gritting my teeth to finish it (I can't walk out of horrible movies either). Then I get to the End and I'm just :pullhair: What a colossal waste of time.

Opposite end of the spectrum was Miracleman

Watchmen is overrated V is better.

And Frank Miller's art (anything past Sin City) looking at it is the equivalent of having anal warts crusting over your eyes.

Oh boy,that ahaahahaha made my night lol !

A book that doesnt get enough love?

Our very own boardie,Senormacs independent to the max mag,Spike Mulligan!

See if he has any back issues left now,before it is too late!!!

it is great!My not secret,underated love!

I know its the opposite of the thread topic,but...

a9f0d488-7930-4f02-abea-246a47861b98_zps59e0bbce.jpg

A few months back I thought it would be fun to try to get into some current independent comics. One of the series I decided to try was East of West. Bought the first two trades.

I still have no idea what I read. Seriously, what in the name of fornication is going on in that comic?

Also bought the first Black Science trade. The dealer that I bought it from likened it to a less goofy Lost In Space. It was nothing like Lost In Space lol???

Gave up on both of them. Won't be going back

I too was not all that impressed with Watchmen. After finishing it, I was like "that's it? What's the big deal?"

I also hated the Morrison Doom Patrol but I think that's because I was a little too young to appreciate it. I need to re-evaluate that run

I really wanted to love Birthright (read the first trade) but was irritated by the twist involving the "hero"

For me I've always disliked Swamp Thing and I just couldn't get into the earlier stuff. It seems to be considered some of the best stories but I just really do not like Swamp Thing in any shape or form.

I also hated the Morrison Doom Patrol but I think that's because I was a little too young to appreciate it. I need to re-evaluate that run

I was gong to list that one too. It was one of the first Morrison titles I ever read, so I was more than slightly confused. A re-evaluation is probably in order.

The Long Halloween was okay, but I didn’t see anything special about Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale’s numerous mini-series.

Very overrated.

The two that come to my mind have been mentioned:

The JSC girls - the fairy eyes and chipmunk brown noses make me cringe.

The Killing Joke - kept reading how this is one of the best Bats stories ever; read it and was very underwhelmed.

Since there is so much Walking Dead bashing, I have to say it's been one of my favorite series and a big part of why I got back into comics. I haven't enjoyed it quite as much after the time jump and I can agree the art is lacking (if you took away the dialog I'd have a hard time distinguishing some of the characters). And while the TV show is my current favorite; I enjoy the comics more.

Daytripper. WTF?

one of the most beautiful series ever written. at the top of my list of books to give to people who don't read comics. carry on.

Well, that is one way to keep them from reading comics I guess. It was nonsense dressed as philosophy. Carry on.

Daytripper. WTF?

one of the most beautiful series ever written. at the top of my list of books to give to people who don't read comics. carry on.

+1

I read it every year on my birthday.It's an amazing read and you cant beat the art by the brothers..

Daytripper. WTF?

+1

I read it every year on my birthday.It's an amazing read and you cant beat the art by the brothers..

I do not want to derail the thread, as every book here has its' fans by definition, but this book was poignant and beautiful to look at but took waaaaay tooooo looooong to get where it was going. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay toooooooooooooooooo loooooooong to the point where it seemed more of a performance ("look at what we do and how well we do it") than storytelling.

I wanted to like it, and kept reading it, but nope.

That is the beauty of the medium though. Or to put it another way - what I like rocks and what you like sucks! :makepoint:

The two that come to my mind have been mentioned:

The JSC girls - the fairy eyes and chipmunk brown noses make me cringe.

The Killing Joke - kept reading how this is one of the best Bats stories ever; read it and was very underwhelmed.

Since there is so much Walking Dead bashing, I have to say it's been one of my favorite series and a big part of why I got back into comics. I haven't enjoyed it quite as much after the time jump and I can agree the art is lacking (if you took away the dialog I'd have a hard time distinguishing some of the characters). And while the TV show is my current favorite; I enjoy the comics more.

+1 on JSC - All his girls end up looking the same.

The comics is far more superior than the TV show. However, I think TWD is best read in Trade form. Going issue-by-issue could be a little boring at times.