• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What series do you secretly hate that the comic community always praises?

190 posts in this topic

Neal Adams Green Arrow. I understand the significance of the run, but I didn't care much for them, and I hated paying for them back in the early 2000's. I never found the keys in my price range, and gave up.

Guilty pleasure: 90's Namor by John Byrne.

Preacher

+1 I couldn't finish the first issue.

Though I'm part of the "comic community always praises" it for this book, I can understand why someone would think that. Especially if not making it past the 1st issue. Ennis is definitely a love or hate kind of guy.

Transmet is one of my all-time favorite books. But the 1st time I read #1, I thought it was horrible. Read it again and forced myself to move forward. The 1st three issues are still the worst for me. But the rest of the series is liquid gold.

Swinging back to Preacher. If a person doesn't enjoy the 1st few issues, they probably are not going to like it at all.

Patrick

Preacher

+1 I couldn't finish the first issue.

Though I'm part of the "comic community always praises" it for this book, I can understand why someone would think that. Especially if not making it past the 1st issue. Ennis is definitely a love or hate kind of guy.

Transmet is one of my all-time favorite books. But the 1st time I read #1, I thought it was horrible. Read it again and forced myself to move forward. The 1st three issues are still the worst for me. But the rest of the series is liquid gold.

Swinging back to Preacher. If a person doesn't enjoy the 1st few issues, they probably are not going to like it at all.

Patrick

I read the first issue of Transmetrolopitan and was convinced it sucked.