• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westworld 2016
2 2

527 posts in this topic

Glad someone else spotted Yul Brunner!

What a glorious Easter Egg.

I was not expecting it. So that was a cool surprise!

Still a good show, but they need to get some clarification.

I mean - yes the techs are humping some hosts - but I doubt that would compare with "hey guys, a host woke up , grabbed a scalpel and blackmailed me"

Kinda more important than selling android shags out to your mates, I'd have thought...

I really thought she was just going to take him out versus negotiating with the supervisor. So to see she kept him alive made her more human than those treating the androids as amusement park attractions.

I mean - yes the techs are humping some hosts - but I doubt that would compare with "hey guys, a host woke up , grabbed a scalpel and blackmailed me"

Kinda more important than selling android shags out to your mates, I'd have thought...

I really thought she was just going to take him out versus negotiating with the supervisor. So to see she kept him alive made her more human than those treating the androids as amusement park attractions.

The Easter Egg wasn't just Yul Brenner. If you listen closely during that scene, the music in the background is the same shrieking sounds from the original movie when Yul is chasing Richard Benjamin.

The Easter Egg wasn't just Yul Brenner. If you listen closely during that scene, the music in the background is the same shrieking sounds from the original movie when Yul is chasing Richard Benjamin.

That's so cool you noticed that - I totally missed it - off for a re-view!

Aside from Yul, haven't they implied before that there was another "incident" years ago? Maybe my mind if just filling in the blanks, but I figured they've been giving nods to the original from the jump. Please tell me I'm not nuts.

I'm not sure Casey.

Perhaps the incident was the one regarding "Arnold" - that would make sense as the park was closed after the original "Westworld" I believe?

It re-opened "teched-up" and then when the creator killed himself (if he did - which I doubt) then perhaps that was when it temporarily closed again?

You're not nuts, it's just not been made crystal clear.

Edited by Beige

HBO Renews Westworld For Season 2

HBO Programming President Casey Bloys has just announced that Westworld, along with Divorce and Insecure, will be returning for a second season.

“I am thrilled to announce the pickup of our three fall series, all of which have distinctive, original voices,” said Bloys. “Critics and viewers alike have welcomed Westworld and Insecure, as well as the return of Sarah Jessica Parker to the network after 12 years with Divorce.”

The debut season of Westworld has been a successful one for the folks over at HBO. Not only has the entire Internet been losing their minds over the mysterious happenings in Westworld, but the new series has been one of the most successful in HBO's history in terms of early ratings.

Westworld is averaging 11.7 million overall viewers each week, and that tops the network's other juggernauts Game Of Thrones and True Detective in their first seasons.

oh great... I can hear the producers conference call to the writers "Slow it up some more -- we got another season to stretch it out!."

and, I didn't watch season 1, but how different is this from HUMANS (except the Wild West stuff) .. anyone seen both?

Bernard...you bad boy!

Or android. That's probably more appropriate.

:ohnoez:

I wonder if Maeve serves the place of Yul Brynner's character on the TV show. Just in this case, we learn about much of her motivation.

I didn't watch season 1, but how different is this from HUMANS (except the Wild West stuff) .. anyone seen both?

Found the UK 'Humans' tv series a lot creepier as the humanoids were imbedded in society. Westworld feels a bit like a prequel to 'Humans' if that is the Corporation's end game with product development of humanoid memories and controlled actions. :popcorn:

I didn't watch season 1, but how different is this from HUMANS (except the Wild West stuff) .. anyone seen both?

Found the UK 'Humans' tv series a lot creepier as the humanoids were imbedded in society. Westworld feels a bit like a prequel to 'Humans' if that is the Corporation's end game with product development of humanoid memories and controlled actions. :popcorn:

I thought the premise of the Westworld movie sequel Futureworld was park designers replacing people of power that visited the park with androids. Which is why at the end of the movie when Peter Fonda escapes, he gives the finger to the lead designer as he is going to expose his plans.

I don't recall plot of Future World from 1970s but that makes sense as a plot end game.

Just comparing Westworld to the creepier UK 'Humans' tv series of which I watched a few season 1 episodes that seem to take place in London, UK in the near future (say 2018 ?). Androids programmed to help everyday society as maids, babysitters, dog walkers but then the husband disrupts the programming of the nannie by using her as a sexbot and the wife suspects him ....

Westworld: One Detail Proves William Is The Man In Black

william-700x525-211961.jpg

One of the most popular and dissected theories of this never-ending mystery is that William (Jimmi Simpson) is actually a younger version of the Man In Black (Ed Harris).

Fans have been grappling at anything and everything to prove that this theory is true, even morphing their faces together to show similarities.

If we go back a few episodes to Contraprasso, there is one major clue that was easily looked over. Of course to even notice this vague detail, you would already have to believe in the two timeline theory.

During the awkward conversation between Dr. Ford and The Man In Black at the saloon, Teddy took his knife and stabbed it into the table at Ford's request.

This knife tends to be the Man In Black's weapon of choice, considering he has already slashed a few throats and scalped a few heads with it.

Looking at the upcoming footage for the remaining three episodes, William is seen holding the same knife.

knife-westworld-211965.jpg

Just when I was thinking about quitting this series, its really taken a turn for the better in the last 2 episodes. Huge thumbs up (thumbs u:applause:

Last night's episode was choke full of goodies.

I missed something though until I read a review afterwards.

The blonde that Teddy and the Man In Black found at the massacre site - she was the greeter earlier in the show that offered herself to William.

angela-westworld-212630.jpg

So with the Man In Black stating, "I thought Ford retired you" ...

:ohnoez: