• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westworld 2016
2 2

527 posts in this topic

Just when I was thinking about quitting this series, its really taken a turn for the better in the last 2 episodes. Huge thumbs up (thumbs u:applause:

Last night's episode was choke full of goodies.

I missed something though until I read a review afterwards.

The blonde that Teddy and the Man In Black found at the massacre site - she was the greeter earlier in the show that offered herself to William.

angela-westworld-212630.jpg

So with the Man In Black stating, "I thought Ford retired you" ...

:ohnoez:

Yes, it appears that the dual time line is correct. It was confirmed for me when the Man in Black said this place reveals your true self to Teddy, like William had said to Dolores in the previous episode.

Moving off of fan theories, what is the deal with the heat seal on the tech's neck last night? Did she just give him a superficial cut and the other guy was cauterizing it or are the techs, in fact, androids who can be patched up like that and she has figured this out?

jeez, i know my wife would have eventually revealed that theory to me, but now that's going to jerk around my brain while watching the show.

i just can't remember, but come to think of it, i don't think the tandi newton character was around when william and jerkface came to town and the saloon, etc.? was she? that would answer the question. if tandi interacted or was in the background, that tosses out the dual timeline theory as she wasn't running a brothel 30 years ago.

on the other hand, why is delores such a basket case if this all happened 30 years ago? she shouldn't have a ton of memories creeping into her brain all the time. Or is this the past "incident"? her becoming self aware?

But if it is dual timelines, where is Delores in the MIB timeline? Was she actually kidnapped by Wyatt and we just never saw that? Because in the MIB timeline we see here distraught about hearing about Marsden getting ambushed, goes home to find her home getting attacked and then flees. We are lef to believe she then runs into william? Or is that just a loop from another story?

Moving off of fan theories, what is the deal with the heat seal on the tech's neck last night? Did she just give him a superficial cut and the other guy was cauterizing it or are the techs, in fact, androids who can be patched up like that and she has figured this out?

That was a wild scene, as I thought his co-worker was finishing the job at first.

But he was definitely dying from the wound. So that device must act quickly to cauterize even deep cuts.

Just when I was thinking about quitting this series, its really taken a turn for the better in the last 2 episodes. Huge thumbs up (thumbs u:applause:

Last night's episode was choke full of goodies.

I missed something though until I read a review afterwards.

The blonde that Teddy and the Man In Black found at the massacre site - she was the greeter earlier in the show that offered herself to William.

angela-westworld-212630.jpg

So with the Man In Black stating, "I thought Ford retired you" ...

:ohnoez:

Yes, it appears that the dual time line is correct. It was confirmed for me when the Man in Black said this place reveals your true self to Teddy, like William had said to Dolores in the previous episode.

It does seem to be a given that MIB is William, 30 years later. At first, I was confused as I thought the Wyatt storyline (newly created in "present" day) was the genesis of the massacre in the town where Delores and William traveled. But it appears that Wyatt wasn't the executioner, Delores was. Why is unclear. Even back in this timeline, Delores is flashing back to an earlier time. One where all the hosts in the town are killed.

Theories, theories.

Anthony Hopkins, for me, is an android - the missing "Arnold" uploaded into a body.

He is using Thandi Newton as a surrogate to "practice" his eventual plan.

The hoarde of androids from the 'new scenario" are all hooded - what's the betting they are his 'old models' retired ones, but upgraded - and that's why we don't see their faces.

It's his private army - being built to defeat the MIB - an update of Brunner v Fonda.

I was hoping the buried town turns out to be the original westworld site, which will be dug up and restored during the 'new phase' and where the final showdown takes place - but this time between an android army and humans.

And I'm probably totally wrong!

One alternate argument is that MIB is actually a host who replaces Billy after Billy dies in the past timeline. He may or may not (in present day) be aware of his nature, just as Bernard was not.

One theory of the true nature of the park was that might be working to replace certain important people. Maybe Billy was a test that was necessary due to an untimely death?

My wife likes the show but falls asleep on every episode, most likely because we are watching it after WD, some talking dead and it's past midnight. So every episode needs to be rewatched. She is now 2 behind.

My wife likes the show but falls asleep on every episode, most likely because we are watching it after WD, some talking dead and it's past midnight. So every episode needs to be rewatched. She is now 2 behind.

Break the trend and watch it a different day.

One alternate argument is that MIB is actually a host who replaces Billy after Billy dies in the past timeline. He may or may not (in present day) be aware of his nature, just as Bernard was not.

One theory of the true nature of the park was that might be working to replace certain important people. Maybe Billy was a test that was necessary due to an untimely death?

Now how far does Bernard go with his memories of the killings, even after having them wiped away?

And now that the head of security (Luke Hemsworth) picks up on Bernard has memory issues, I wonder when that comes to a head on the show?

I really liked how the last episode turned out. Finally got to see Hopkins play a more integral part in an episode. Kind of gave me a silence of the lambs vibe.

Yeah, I felt that way too. Really picking up for me the last two weeks and now I'm really in for the final episodes.

I am surprised to hear it's a big ratings hit. I don't really know anyone watching it.

I heard the first season cost $100 million. Why would that be? Is it all actor salaries for Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Jeffrey Wright, and James Marsden? The show doesn't have much in the way of special effects to spend on, and even the sets don't seem like they should be expensive...how much can glass walls or shooting on location in Arizona or New Mexico cost? ???

I normally wouldn't care, but one of my favorite historical drama series ever was "Rome" on HBO, and that only lasted two seasons entirely because the production costs went insane on it. The first season of that cost over $100 million and at the time in 2005 was the most expensive television show ever, and the reason for the cost was that HBO built a replica of ancient Rome on location somewhere in Italy. Maintenance on the replica city ended up costing an insane amount during the course of the production.

jeez, i know my wife would have eventually revealed that theory to me, but now that's going to jerk around my brain while watching the show.

i just can't remember, but come to think of it, i don't think the tandi newton character was around when william and jerkface came to town and the saloon, etc.? was she? that would answer the question. if tandi interacted or was in the background, that tosses out the dual timeline theory as she wasn't running a brothel 30 years ago.

on the other hand, why is delores such a basket case if this all happened 30 years ago? she shouldn't have a ton of memories creeping into her brain all the time. Or is this the past "incident"? her becoming self aware?

But if it is dual timelines, where is Delores in the MIB timeline? Was she actually kidnapped by Wyatt and we just never saw that? Because in the MIB timeline we see here distraught about hearing about Marsden getting ambushed, goes home to find her home getting attacked and then flees. We are lef to believe she then runs into william? Or is that just a loop from another story?

When the man in black blew that cell door lock with a cigar, they switched away to the control building and showed employees approving the request to set off the explosive. Wasn't Luke Hemsworth in that scene? If so they're all in the same timeline, but I can't remember for sure that Hemsworth was in it.

Break the trend and watch it a different day.

This is what I do...I just watched the episode on my phone during lunch today.