• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westworld 2016
2 2

527 posts in this topic

I used to date a Hispanic girl named Dolores. She hated her name because of the famous "Seinfeld" episode (you know the one), "rhymes with female anatomy"

She also didn't like what her name meant. Dolores = Sorrow/Grief/Pain of Mary

I've only seen the 1st episode but I can see why they named the young lady Dolores.

Edited by gadzukes

The first two episodes of Westworld were exceptional.

At first, I was disappointed that Ed Harris's villain character barely appeared in episode 3. Then I realized there are 2 time lines and this Arnold scientist (Anthony Hopkins's creative partner at the time) may be a young Ed Harris before he put on the black cowboy hat and went on a trail of 'vengeance' within Westworld. But I may be wrong .... :wishluck:

Seen pretty likely that Ed Harris' character is Arnold...or an android version of Arnold.

:o

I did not think about the replicant of Arnold theory. I like it!

:ohnoez:

Lots of great theories. Lots of tie-ins to "thirty years"

"I've been coming here for 30 years"

"Arnold vanished/died 30 years ago"

"there hasn't been an incident here in 30 years"

Can't wait to see how it all comes together. Based on what I have seen in the first three episodes this could stack up to be one of my top three TV series.

Edited by 427Impaler

I believe the executive producer of Westworld is JJ Abrams. Just be glad there are not even more time line twists like the Lost tv series which confounded viewers for seasons but was a rich tv series in the long run. JJ also produced or directed excellent Alias tv series with Jennifer Garner (pre-Elektra movie).

Even in some of the repeated time loops of Westworld, the Utah :idea: red rock Western landscape is wonderful to behold.

I believe the executive producer of Westworld is JJ Abrams. Just be glad there are not even more time line twists like the Lost tv series which confounded viewers for seasons but was a rich tv series in the long run. JJ also produced or directed excellent Alias tv series with Jennifer Garner (pre-Elektra movie).

Even in some of the repeated time loops of Westworld, the Utah :idea: red rock Western landscape is wonderful to behold.

Its not worth an hour of my time to stare at them.

Alias was fantastic.

Lost and Westworld seemed to be about the same thing. I hated both.

I think Ed Harris has a long-standing grudge with the creators of Westworld - probably killed Arnold in fact.

His mission is to find the maze - AKA the master control setting that will enable the hosts to kill the guests.

He intends to have the hosts massacre every living human in Westworld - in one single day.

The reason is yet to be explained for his 'grudge', but that's definitely his goal.

I think Ed Harris has a long-standing grudge with the creators of Westworld - probably killed Arnold in fact.

His mission is to find the maze - AKA the master control setting that will enable the hosts to kill the guests.

He intends to have the hosts massacre every living human in Westworld - in one single day.

The reason is yet to be explained for his 'grudge', but that's definitely his goal.

But the people running Westworld know he's in there and are assisting him with what he's doing. Why would they do that if your hypothesis were true? They wouldn't even let him enter.

But the people running Westworld know he's in there and are assisting him with what he's doing. Why would they do that if your hypothesis were true? They wouldn't even let him enter.

Yeah, I don't think that's it either. I think Harris has something...nobler in mind.

But what if they have no idea of his plan?

That's my point - Westworld creators don't know about his plan.

I also think he has been 'seeding' the drawings and toys - plus adding 'viruses' to characters when he has 'playtime' with them.

He's been doing this for years - remember he said he's been coming for 30 years, and that he is a head of a large corporation (something medical if you remember a scene from yesterdays episode).

I just have a gut feel - but I'm certain Westworld are unaware of his intent - he's walking around with a scalp with a maze map- and westworld don't seem to have even noticed that.......

Just a hypothesis

Now this is an interesting theory.

Westworld: Logos May Reveal Two Timelines

Reveries, as Dr. Ford explains them, are slight slivers of a past narrative. In other words, they are memories in AI terms. It's already been revealed that both Dolores and Maeve are having plenty of "memories" and are clearly ahead of the game.

Questions concerning the existence of a second timeline were definitely brought up in Episode 4, thanks to the scene with William and Dolores in Las Mudas. Dolores has a past/present/future moment as she is talking to the little girl at the fountain.

We can at least assume that Westworld is not an example of traditional chronological storytelling. In an interview, EW asked Joy and Nolan if viewers should not assume that everything they are seeing is taking place at the same time.

"I think you want to assume as little as possible when watching this show.Part of the fun is people speculating about what they’re are seeing. There’s some amazing speculation out there. There are some theories that are so elaborate and beautiful that you wish you thought of them yourself. I think we want to burden the audience as little as possible with expectations of what we think the show is...the best thing to do is get out of the way of the audience and let them play with it. And there are some things in Westworld that are intentionally ambiguous."

westworld-dissonance-theory-206848.jpg

Is this Arnold and Dr. Ford experimenting with the park early on?

I also think he has been 'seeding' the drawings and toys - plus adding 'viruses' to characters when he has 'playtime' with them.

He's been doing this for years - remember he said he's been coming for 30 years, and that he is a head of a large corporation (something medical if you remember a scene from yesterdays episode).

I just have a gut feel - but I'm certain Westworld are unaware of his intent - he's walking around with a scalp with a maze map- and westworld don't seem to have even noticed that.......

It was their job to clean up the scalped android so they know about the map since they put it there to begin with. The idea that they're unaware of his full agenda is a possibility. hm I doubt it though, it appears he's got more access than the average guest as demonstrated by his non-verbal request to have that jail lock blown in the last episode and the camera showing the Westworld operators receiving that request and approving the blowing of the lock.

It was their job to clean up the scalped android so they know about the map since they put it there to begin with. The idea that they're unaware of his full agenda is a possibility. hm I doubt it though, it appears he's got more access than the average guest as demonstrated by his non-verbal request to have that jail lock blown in the last episode and the camera showing the Westworld operators receiving that request and approving the blowing of the lock.

And that deputy's head exploding as if a bullet struck it before he even reached his pistol hanging on the chair.

And that deputy's head exploding as if a bullet struck it before he even reached his pistol hanging on the chair.

The explosives were the cigars. That's why the lock blew up, that's why the guy's face blew up.

I'm wondering if that one male employee is secretly working with Ed Harris....helping him attain his goal

I'm wondering if that one male employee is secretly working with Ed Harris....helping him attain his goal

Do you mean Luke Hemsworth? For anyone who didn't realize it he's the older brother of Chris (i.e. Thor) and Liam Hemsworth pictured at right below.

012016-hemsworth-brothers_1.jpg

The explosives were the cigars. That's why the lock blew up, that's why the guy's face blew up.

doh!

That's right. He gave the lawman one of his cigars.

Do you mean Luke Hemsworth? For anyone who didn't realize it he's the older brother of Chris (i.e. Thor) and Liam Hemsworth pictured at right below.

012016-hemsworth-brothers_1.jpg

Yep, that's who I meant. I knew the name Hemsworth was familiar, just didn't know they were family.

Previously, Luke Hemsworth told someone "you give this man whatever he wants." Now, we see a request for a pyrotechnic, which he approves.

So, what I'm wondering is, why is Ed Harris so important to management? If he's been going there for 30 years, he's likely paid the company a ton of cash as a repeat customer. Either that or there's another connection- a former employee?

Or is he just important to Luke Hemsworth and they're working in collusion? hm

doh!

That's right. He gave the lawman one of his cigars.

(thumbs u

Such a great show so far. All this guessing and uncertainty.

Three thoughts two are not spoilerific to this week

1. Right now I dont give two dangs about the multiple timeline possibilities. Right now the mysteries of the show to me wont be more or less clear if they reveal that some plots are on timeline A and some are on timeline B. If this does end up being a "Oooohh look at us juggling two timelines arent we cool" device, then it's going to be annoying unless they integrate it better in the coming weeks.

Bernard Spoilerish

2. At this point the telegraphing that Bernard is a robot is just ridiculous. Again it feels like the writers think they are giving "clues"but really its more like hitting us over the head with Lucy (wait that's Walking Dead, got my shows mixed up). It'd be MORE interesting if you reveal he's a robot, and start to push the strain between the humans working behind the scenes and the robots that are also working behind the scenes...

MIB Spoiler

3. Anyone else really disappointed with the offhand scene of the guy "breaking character"and thanking the Man in Black for his foundation out in the "real world"?There better be a reason for that tidbit next week otherwise what's the point of the reveal? I'd rather have a few extra weeks trying to come up with some crazy narrative that was way more interesting than "the Bill Gates of this world, who goes black hat when playing fantasy"

Did anyone else here Maeve whisper to Hector "I will find you" right at the end there? Kidding... :D

... oh well on to next week.

A very interesting episode. But especially because of Dolores, Dr. Ford and the Man in Bllack.

Dolores having hidden programming that Dr. Ford is not even aware of was a twist.

The android that destroyed itself having a transmitter in its arm that was communicating information about the park. So someone must have told it to destroy itself aftwards.

The Man in Black showing up at a western bar, and having Dr. Ford show up. And when he makes a motion like he is going to attack Dr. Ford, Teddy reacts immediately.

:whee::ohnoez::whee:

contrapasso-208189.jpg

Dolores is turning out to be the key.