• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westworld 2016
2 2

527 posts in this topic

jeez, i know my wife would have eventually revealed that theory to me, but now that's going to jerk around my brain while watching the show.

i just can't remember, but come to think of it, i don't think the tandi newton character was around when william and jerkface came to town and the saloon, etc.? was she? that would answer the question. if tandi interacted or was in the background, that tosses out the dual timeline theory as she wasn't running a brothel 30 years ago.

on the other hand, why is delores such a basket case if this all happened 30 years ago? she shouldn't have a ton of memories creeping into her brain all the time. Or is this the past "incident"? her becoming self aware?

But if it is dual timelines, where is Delores in the MIB timeline? Was she actually kidnapped by Wyatt and we just never saw that? Because in the MIB timeline we see here distraught about hearing about Marsden getting ambushed, goes home to find her home getting attacked and then flees. We are lef to believe she then runs into william? Or is that just a loop from another story?

When the man in black blew that cell door lock with a cigar, they switched away to the control building and showed employees approving the request to set off the explosive. Wasn't Luke Hemsworth in that scene? If so they're all in the same timeline, but I can't remember for sure that Hemsworth was in it.

Yes, he approved the request.

When the man in black blew that cell door lock with a cigar, they switched away to the control building and showed employees approving the request to set off the explosive. Wasn't Luke Hemsworth in that scene? If so they're all in the same timeline, but I can't remember for sure that Hemsworth was in it.

Yes, he approved the request.

Nevermind...that just means Luke Hemsworth is in the Man in Black's time. Doesn't mean he's in William's time if they are indeed different times.

Theories, theories.

Anthony Hopkins, for me, is an android - the missing "Arnold" uploaded into a body.

He is using Thandi Newton as a surrogate to "practice" his eventual plan.

The hoarde of androids from the 'new scenario" are all hooded - what's the betting they are his 'old models' retired ones, but upgraded - and that's why we don't see their faces.

It's his private army - being built to defeat the MIB - an update of Brunner v Fonda.

I was hoping the buried town turns out to be the original westworld site, which will be dug up and restored during the 'new phase' and where the final showdown takes place - but this time between an android army and humans.

And I'm probably totally wrong!

You forgot to say "you heard it here first."

The multiple time line theory (MTLT) is interesting and I will keep that in mind going forward as I haven't totally ruled it out. I can see this story line having many layers which would almost require the MTLT --- but it would be so awesome if they threw in a few more flashes to the first version. That Yul shadowy figure was chilling!

Theories, theories.

Anthony Hopkins, for me, is an android - the missing "Arnold" uploaded into a body.

He is using Thandi Newton as a surrogate to "practice" his eventual plan.

The hoarde of androids from the 'new scenario" are all hooded - what's the betting they are his 'old models' retired ones, but upgraded - and that's why we don't see their faces.

It's his private army - being built to defeat the MIB - an update of Brunner v Fonda.

I was hoping the buried town turns out to be the original westworld site, which will be dug up and restored during the 'new phase' and where the final showdown takes place - but this time between an android army and humans.

And I'm probably totally wrong!

You forgot to say "you heard it here first."

Nah Andy - I forgot to say "if it's right - it's a lucky guess!"

What's your theory mate?

I am vested for the rest of the season since I cant give up now, but man its has been painful to get to this point. Couldn't they have cut out at least 2 or 3 episodes of repeating the same stupid scene again and again?

I wont be going forward with this show. After so many hits HBO has finally let me down it happens. With so little time now a days for TV you would think they wouldn't take this long to develop the main point of the show.

I really did try, but I despise watching this show. All that talent wasted.

There are likely 3 timelines going on for us to see, and they're purposefully laid out for us to make incorrect assumptions.

:idea:

:o

I love the show

One thing I haven't heard people mention is the music, just brilliant

The string quartet they had playing when Maeve took that tour of the upper levels was fantastic.

The stripped down modern music in the show is great as well and gives just enough familiarity that you recognize something but just can't put your finger on it. Black hole sun in episode one and House of the rising sun in eight were my two favorites.

Can we trust her memory on that subject?

And

I assume that there is some intentional misdirection on Dolores going back to the Church/Desert Town. It implies that it was right after she left Billy (and the war setting), but I don't think that's the case.

You are so right.

Her memories are so out-of-sync with the reality around her, you are not always sure at what point in time she is truly engaging.

But now that the Man In Black is revealed as a board member for the park, this ties him even further with the William-Logan events. And when Logan gives William a photo of his sister to remember who he is engaged to, you quickly see it is the old photo Dolores' father found out in the field in the pilot.

Loving this show so far.

So what is the difference between the old and new robots?

Fords secret family are old robots, and so is Delores (as we saw when she was split open to reveal mechanical parts)

But the newer ones, are they like cyborgs? With actual flesh and blood bodies?

I've been so impressed with things so far, I never thought the show would be this good, or capture my imagination to the degree it has.