• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westworld 2016
2 2

527 posts in this topic

You are so right.

Her memories are so out-of-sync with the reality around her, you are not always sure at what point in time she is truly engaging.

But now that the Man In Black is revealed as a board member for the park, this ties him even further with the William-Logan events. And when Logan gives William a photo of his sister to remember who he is engaged to, you quickly see it is the old photo Dolores' father found out in the field in the pilot.

Loving this show so far.

Yes.

I noticed the photo was the same one as well. I wasn't shocked to find the MIB is a board member. That ties into the Billy/Logan story as well, since Logan was talking about their company buying a large stake in the park.

It makes me wonder if Ford's Wyatt/Teddy town massacre storyline is an homage to the incident in the desert town, where Dolores supposedly killed Bernard?

I also subscribe to the creed that, unless we see a body, someone isn't truly dead. Does Bernard come back in some way?

Can we trust her memory on that subject?

And

I assume that there is some intentional misdirection on Dolores going back to the Church/Desert Town. It implies that it was right after she left Billy (and the war setting), but I don't think that's the case.

Was it not her currenlty going to the church and having flashbacks of when she killed everyone and talked to Bernard (hence why her clothes changed from the dress to the jeans and shirt over and over)?

Can we trust her memory on that subject?

And

I assume that there is some intentional misdirection on Dolores going back to the Church/Desert Town. It implies that it was right after she left Billy (and the war setting), but I don't think that's the case.

Was it not her currenlty going to the church and having flashbacks of when she killed everyone and talked to Bernard (hence why her clothes changed from the dress to the jeans and shirt over and over)?

Agreed.

The clothes were the clue to the jumping timelines.

You are so right.

Her memories are so out-of-sync with the reality around her, you are not always sure at what point in time she is truly engaging.

But now that the Man In Black is revealed as a board member for the park, this ties him even further with the William-Logan events. And when Logan gives William a photo of his sister to remember who he is engaged to, you quickly see it is the old photo Dolores' father found out in the field in the pilot.

Loving this show so far.

Me too! The pic was a big spoiler.

Seeing that photo solidified where at least two of the timelines are at for me. The later scene with Logan and William and the dismembered soldiers said to me somehow William eventually becomes Wyatt in the current timeline.

You are so right.

Loving this show so far.

Seeing that photo solidified where at least two of the timelines are at for me. The later scene with Logan and William and the dismembered soldiers said to me somehow William eventually becomes Wyatt in the current timeline.

There are certainly plenty of timelines in this show & there's really no way to say how many right now. I personally think it's more likely that Logan is the Man in Black than William, as he's clearly in love with Dolores, so I doubt he was the one dragging her into the barn. I see him becoming an Anti Hero like the Punisher after this last episode, whereas Logan appears to be the Villain. Logan cutting Dolores open proves she is an old Arnold model & I'm thinking those event take place leading up to Arnold's murder by Dolores. She may have been the 1st one to break her programming & go on a killing spree like MIB from the original film. Really liked the Arnold/Bernard twist. One thing I can definitely say is this show hasn't been predictable yet. You never know what's going to happen next.

Poor Bernard. He deserved so much better.

:(

And now we know what happened to Arnold.

How do we know that? We have no motive for her killing him.

Dolores just found out she's a machine, so I'm thinking she goes on a rampage & Arnold dies as a result. Whether Dolores kills her or he's a by standard, she clearly accepts responsibility for his death. Which isn't to say that there won't be another twist, where we find out those memories were programmed for Arnold to fake his own death or Ford to cover up murdering Arnold.

So what is the difference between the old and new robots?

Fords secret family are old robots, and so is Delores (as we saw when she was split open to reveal mechanical parts)

But the newer ones, are they like cyborgs? With actual flesh and blood bodies?

I've been so impressed with things so far, I never thought the show would be this good, or capture my imagination to the degree it has.

Cyborgs are part human, part machine. The old robots were made up of mechanical parts, whereas the new ones seem to be biological robots assembled with 3D printers.

Dolores having a mechanical body indicates the William/Logan timeline was early on in Westworld history & prior to Arnold's apparent death.

So what is the difference between the old and new robots?

Fords secret family are old robots, and so is Delores (as we saw when she was split open to reveal mechanical parts)

But the newer ones, are they like cyborgs? With actual flesh and blood bodies?

I've been so impressed with things so far, I never thought the show would be this good, or capture my imagination to the degree it has.

Cyborgs are part human, part machine. The old robots were made up of mechanical parts, whereas the new ones seem to be biological robots assembled with 3D printers.

Dolores having a mechanical body indicates the William/Logan timeline was early on in Westworld history & prior to Arnold's apparent death.

We also saw the old Dolores in the same clothes she wore in the William/Logan timeline walk past a young Anthony Hopkins in the hallway and then go talk to Arnold, so we now know for sure that happened in the far past.

The old town is definitely the buried one in the present.

Logan is Ed Harris - I'm still certain the Yul Brunner bot will appear in the finale

!

You are so right.

Loving this show so far.

the-photograph-dolores-father-found-was-a-picture-of-williams-fi-214099.jpg

Looks like someone tried to burn it.

Watched the 1st episode last night and I'm hooked. What is not to like about a creepy, sci-fi western.

Watch the 2nd, 3rd and 4th episode as they repeat endlessly.

The loops are part of the narrative and the backdrop. I don't understand people's problem with that literary device. It pays dividends very quickly, IMHO.

Watched the 1st episode last night and I'm hooked. What is not to like about a creepy, sci-fi western.

Watch the 2nd, 3rd and 4th episode as they repeat endlessly.

The loops are part of the narrative and the backdrop. I don't understand people's problem with that literary device. It pays dividends very quickly, IMHO.

Indeed. I enjoyed the slower pace and the slight differences. The lack of immediate answers and constant questions just made it all the more interesting.

Westworld Chronology Explained In New Video

Part II will come up later, as it is about events in the past that have yet to happen in the show -shown mostly through flashbacks- and some added scenes before the beginning of the show, like Maeve being assaulted by the Man In Black more than 1 year ago.

I focused mainly on Dolores's journey and the events related to it.

Zen Zap has released a three-part video series about the Westworld timeline, and releases the information in chronological order. While the video on chronicles the events of the first six episodes, it still helps a great deal when thinking about your theories.

Part one, which you can watch above, starts at the very inception of Westworld. The video explores Ford and Arnold founding Westworld, and the first couple years before the park was open. What everyone thought was Bernard has been revealed as Arnold, and Bernard is just a copy that Ford made.

The videos move into the opening of the park, William's arrival in Westworld, and Dolores' journey to find the maze.

Later on, she kills Arnold, and Ford buries the church. This set of stories brings about the Man in Black, and he begins his search for the center of the maze.

One thing that this video, nor anyone, can fully confirm, is the origin of the Man in Black. Some theories state that he is an older version of William, while others believe he is Logan. At the same time, nothing has ruled out that this man could be neither of them. There's a chance, even will all of the parallels, that the Man in Black is simply just some guy.

Such a great show but one thing does puzzle me a bit

Where are all the visitors? When "freezing" the bots you would think there might be a bunch of visitors walking around the park waiting to get everything started up again. A park like this, I expected to be filled with "normal" people and not just the bots.

Such a great show but one thing does puzzle me a bit

Where are all the visitors? When "freezing" the bots you would think there might be a bunch of visitors walking around the park waiting to get everything started up again. A park like this, I expected to be filled with "normal" people and not just the bots.

I'm interested to see if they clear things like this up. I like the show, but it seems to have a lot of plot holes/plot silliness as compared to the average quality of the shows HBO puts out.

One thing I thought was weird, was that Ford Had the old picture of Arnold sitting on his desk. No one has ever looked at the picture and said "Hey wait a minute, this doesnt make sense."

I am also wondering about the HR department at Westworld. Do they have one? Does Bernard get a paycheck every month? Is there really nobody at the park who met Arnold or has ever seen a picture of him, considering he is one of the founders?

I haven't come across a show like this that I can't stop watching during every spare minute since Stranger Things. Love the pacing and the details that come out of the blue. On episode 6 and it looks like things are starting to heat up.