• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2015 CGC Forum Holiday Raffle **Saturday, January 2nd @ Noon**

1,369 posts in this topic

Thanks again to all! Once again it was fun hanging around for a lot of it live - an experience I recommend highly to those who haven't tried it!

I've got my raffle prize all boxed up and ready to mail...just waiting for the winner to respond with his mailing address. Have a great week eveyone!

Howdy, Gang! I wasn't intending to pick, I more-or-less by chance won one of Dr X's mystery boxes, and donated it to the raffle, with X's permission.

Is there anyone out there who didn't get a prize?

Everyone in the raffle got a prize and those that chose in the end got two so pick you out something. :)

Howdy, Gang! I wasn't intending to pick, I more-or-less by chance won one of Dr X's mystery boxes, and donated it to the raffle, with X's permission.

You may pick from the prizes that remain (#25,59,92), or you may pass your turns.

Just let us know. (thumbs u

I wasn't expecting this at all. After 32 people had chosen a prize (I was the 33rd pick), I was happy to see that my top choices were still available. I had to choose my prize, this year, based on necessity. I recently graduated, moved back in with my parents, and my computer suddenly broke a few weeks ago. Any one of the $50 Amazon gift cards would've helped me out a lot in purchasing a new computer.

So last night, after I chose the $50 Amazon gift card, I receive a message from the sender asking a little background info about myself (the school I went to, what I liked to read, etc.) and my shipping address. Soon after I replied, I get another message asking me if I preferred the card be emailed which I said yes.

This morning, I go through my daily routine of checking my email from my phone in bed. At this point, I was out the night before with friends and the raffle was something I had briefly forgotten about. I'm scrolling down and I see an email from "Amazon.com Gift Card" and open it to find that the sender had sent me not $50 but $100. I'm speechless.

ashsaytr, you don't know how much this is going to help me out. It's hard graduating and moving back in with parents piled in debt. My computer really could not have broken at a worse time. I'm forever grateful for your kindness and generosity. Thank you so much. You're the best.

I wasn't expecting this at all. After 32 people had chosen a prize (I was the 33rd pick), I was happy to see that my top choices were still available. I had to choose my prize, this year, based on necessity. I recently graduated, moved back in with my parents, and my computer suddenly broke a few weeks ago. Any one of the $50 Amazon gift cards would've helped me out a lot in purchasing a new computer.

So last night, after I chose the $50 Amazon gift card, I receive a message from the sender asking a little background info about myself (the school I went to, what I liked to read, etc.) and my shipping address. Soon after I replied, I get another message asking me if I preferred the card be emailed which I said yes.

This morning, I go through my daily routine of checking my email from my phone in bed. At this point, I was out the night before with friends and the raffle was something I had briefly forgotten about. I'm scrolling down and I see an email from "Amazon.com Gift Card" and open it to find that the sender had sent me not $50 but $100. I'm speechless.

ashsaytr, you don't know how much this is going to help me out. It's hard graduating and moving back in with parents piled in debt. My computer really could not have broken at a worse time. I'm forever grateful for your kindness and generosity. Thank you so much. You're the best.

tumblr_mtzmeqC16Z1qcga5ro1_500.gif

Wonderful, big heart ashsaytr

Man, this is too sweet! A lot of people on here are so thoughtful and generous. What a nice thing to do.

:golfclap:

Jesse (ashsaytr) is one of the kindest, most generous people on the boards. Sometimes I am sad about a few of the bad apples that turn up, but when I see something like this, it just makes me remember why I stay...It was very nice of you to write this note. Kudos to both of you! :foryou:

Glad to hear this turned out to be a blessing for you. :foryou:

As a side note, if I had known it was $100, I would have ranked that prize much higher. ;)

You may pick from the prizes that remain (#28,59,92), or you may pass your turns.

Just let us know. (thumbs u

#28 was taken by Cahokie