• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode VIII December 15, 2017
4 4

1,797 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, CAHokie said:

I could see them destroying C3PO and/or R2 next movie. Once you knock them off you concentrate on new droids for merchandising. 

I'm sure they will kill off C3P0, R2, Chewie, and Leia, so they can spin off  a Rose-centric musical trilogy where she, Rey and Kylo Ren endure highschool bullying in an upper class predominately Ewok school district on Endor. 

Edited by Wolverinex

22 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

Yes - Rob Cain's take, which I highlighted a dozen or so posts back.

But then Scott Mendelson posted essentially a rebuttal today: https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/12/22/star-wars-box-office-last-jedi-is-2nd-fastest-grosser-ever-behind-force-awakens/#39a64b57cf44

His take:

• Its $296.5m domestic total in 7-days is the 2nd-best week's total ever, behind TFA's $390.8m
  • If it follows the same path as TFA, it ends with $711m domestic / $1.6 bn. total (# 3 domestic).
  • If it falls off drastically, it ends with just $650m domestic / $1.3 bn. worldwide (i.e., # 8-9 all-time vs. # 5)

On 12/21/2017 at 9:47 AM, Bosco685 said:

These ET reviewers hit on a lot of what others are saying. But loads of spoilers.

Okay, this guy hit it out of the park. Him and Mark Hamill (aka "Jake Skywalker").

Did not like. Two thumbs down.

3 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Good find.

Nice quote from Lucas at the end:

"In his infamous November 2015 interview where he quipped that he sold Star Wars to "white slavers", Lucas revealed why he was no longer working as a consultant on The Force Awakens. 

"They wanted to do a retro movie. I don't like that. Every movie, I worked very hard to make them different … I made them completely different—different planets, different spaceships to make it new...if I get in there, I’m just going to cause trouble, because they’re not going to do what I want them to do. And I don’t have the control to do that anymore, and all I would do is muck everything up.  And so I said, 'OK, I will go my way, and I’ll let them go their way.' "

So for everyone out there criticizing Rian Johnson for making a wildly different film, that's exactly what George Lucas wanted and wished would've occurred in the previous film."

3 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

And...you loved it

I have this feeling that no matter what I say that people are just going to argue.

I will say this.  I have stated this before... (a year ago if not longer) that I rank the Force Awakens the lowest on the list.  I still want my $15 back for that.  After seeing TLJ, I STILL rank TFA as the lowest SW movie on my list. 

Did anyone post anything about the older rebel soldier who’s steps on the field of battle in a very dramatic way leaving the red foot prints. I thought that guy was going to do something special and nothing happened 

22 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Did anyone post anything about the older rebel soldier who’s steps on the field of battle in a very dramatic way leaving the red foot prints. I thought that guy was going to do something special and nothing happened 

Sadly, for me at least, that kind of summed up the movie on many levels and for many characters.

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

Now you're just nitpicking *everything*.

Did you not think something cool was about to happen? It reminded me of a commercial done for the Super Bowl.

i expected a logo saying Lays now with sea salt from Star Wars the last Jedi 

2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Did you not think something cool was about to happen? It reminded me of a commercial done for the Super Bowl.

i expected a logo saying Lays now with sea salt from Star Wars the last Jedi 

Lol. To tell you the truth I don't really remember that scene. I'm headed back to see it again after the holiday, though. 

A friend had pleaded to me to join wit him to see this movie today. I told him I had already seen it last week on last Sunday. I am not going to waste my $15 to see it a second time. He was bummed but he does have friends to go with him. 

The next movie - Star Wars lX - might will be my last one to go to the threate to watch. The Vlll wasn’t too bad but felt like not up to how the original trilogy were to me back then. Maybe it has to do with the way George Lucas created in there? I think Disney is missing the “zing” part.