• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode VIII December 15, 2017
4 4

1,797 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, I like pie said:

Most of this is a load of .

Might as well just say, "Because I said so." to each question.

Yeah, sounds a lot like people talking themselves into going for a second and third viewing trying to trick themselves into thinking this movie wasn't bad almost just like the prequels 

On 12/23/2017 at 11:35 AM, Bosco685 said:

I never thought there would be a Star Wars where there would be responses like this.

The prequels?  The Force Awakens?  If I recall, George Lucas killed many fanboys childhood and JJ Abrams did the same with The Force Awakens.  Honestly, all this controversy seems par for the course, but maybe I am imagining all the fanboy rage every time a new Star Wars movie has been released since the Internet age.

Edited by rjrjr

3 hours ago, rjrjr said:

The prequels?  The Force Awakens?  If I recall, George Lucas killed many fanboys childhood and JJ Abrams did the same with The Force Awakens.  Honestly, all this controversy seems par for the course, but maybe I am imagining all the fanboy rage every time a new Star Wars movie has been released since the Internet age.

I'm seeing a much larger disparity from TLJ than any other Star Wars. Maybe that's just me though2c

4 hours ago, rjrjr said:

First off, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Like Mr. Pie noted ( lol  ), this feels much more conflicted for fans than before. Especially with the handling of one of the most cherished characters of the franchise.

this was posted by Comedy Film Nerds

I gave The Last Jedi a second watch. See it twice you guys, whether you loved or hated it, way better the second time around.

doh!

just like the prequels 

5 hours ago, rjrjr said:

I am very disappointed in Disney.

I loved Episodes 4,5 and 6. I hated the prequels and then Disney spends 4 Billion dollars to acquire Star Wars.

Their first attempt just was so disappointing: The Force Awakens was very simply a remake. The exact same story as A New Hope  just changing the names. The friend I went with to see the film fell asleep! Just a terrible effort. One thing The Force Awakens did was setup new characters and (hopefully) new storylines.

The Last Jedi has very literally destroyed everything that was done before it. Another awful effort/ movie.

It is my opinion that if Disney wanted to do something new and completely original then they should have just made that movie. They did not need to destroy everything that came before it....unless they just wanted to excrete all over Star Wars? Was there ever something that happened between Disney/ Lucas that would make Disney want to destroy it all?

Edited by Artboy99

2 hours ago, Azkaban said:

this was posted by Comedy Film Nerds

I gave The Last Jedi a second watch. See it twice you guys, whether you loved or hated it, way better the second time around.

doh!

just like the prequels 

Ok, if I absolutely hated it the first time I saw it, why in the world would go see it again?  That is just stupid.  "Man, I hated hitting my hand with a hammer, let me do it again cause I am sure it will not be as bad."

Nah.

You're right - it might only make $1.2 billion worldwide.

You know, like Iron Man 3 did (spoiler: The Last Jedi will surpass Iron Man 3's $409 million domestic total tomorrow), and Disney's crying in their milk about that one.

The Last Jedi did what was necessary for the franchise - and did it with style and panache -- and, contrary to many of the assertions by posters in this thread -- very little of what what shown in Episode VIII contravened anything shown in Episode VII, or was contrary to how a 30 years-later Luke might have behaved.

Episode IX will do just fine.

As I've noted before, better men than I have explained why and how The Last Jedi is brilliant from a story perspective in detail.

Thus, I point y'all to Matt Prinke's answer on Quora to the question: Doesn’t “The Last Jedi" backlash remind you of Indiana Jones 4, which received a "Certified Fresh" critic score higher than that of "Gladiator" and "Interstellar" but was hated by fans?

Edited by Gatsby77

lol

the absurdity in the defense of this movie has been far more entertaining that the 2+ hours I spent watching this poo poo

”brilliant”??? 

“Panache”???

:roflmao: 

Edited by jsilverjanet