• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tribute To Creig Flessel
4 4

444 posts in this topic

Since I posted this in the Adventure thread, I'll cross-post it here as an excuse to bump Flessel's tribute thread:
That's gotta be my favorite cover of the run. It's so hard to choose because they are all great. If I live long enough to start another run after the Actions, it will definately be NA's.

RHG:

Do you have many CGC slabs?

More than I wish he had! :kidaround:

Since I posted this in the Adventure thread, I'll cross-post it here as an excuse to bump Flessel's tribute thread:
That's gotta be my favorite cover of the run. It's so hard to choose because they are all great. If I live long enough to start another run after the Actions, it will definately be NA's.

RHG:

Do you have many CGC slabs?

Yes, most of the books that I have bought since 2002 have been slabbed and I haven't cracked any of them.

Here´s another great Flessel cover that hasn´t been posted yet (low grade, but very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very rarely comes for sale (if at all)) ;)

KopievonNewAdventureComics27.jpg

Very cool book! I gotta get me a copy of this issue one day. I have been enjoying some scuba diving this summer. Also, Flessel covers rock! :cloud9:

Here´s another great Flessel cover that hasn´t been posted yet (low grade, but very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very rarely comes for sale (if at all)) ;)

Very cool book! I gotta get me a copy of this issue one day. I have been enjoying some scuba diving this summer. Also, Flessel covers rock! :cloud9:

Thank you! It´s going to be difficult and take some time, but I wish you best of luck with your search (thumbs u

Just read through the whole thread - very cool! And there's a lot of very cool and rare covers included. The high grade copies, like Mile High, are amazing. (worship)

I especially like the early DC covers by Flessel, Guardineer and O'Mealia. These guys were true pioneers and really put a lot of effort into the art and layout. Just fun stuff.

Thought I'd add one I hadn't yet seen in the thread.

85564.jpg.9aa1c323bd95e172e82e3bc2626cff69.jpg

Thank you! It´s going to be ifficult and take some time, but I wish you good luck with your search (thumbs u

That is one cool cover and one very tough book to find in any grade!

Just read through the whole thread - very cool! And there's a lot of very cool and rare covers included. The high grade copies, like Mile High, are amazing. (worship)

I especially like the early DC covers by Flessel, Guardineer and O'Mealia. These guys were true pioneers and really put a lot of effort into the art and layout. Just fun stuff. Thought I'd add one I hadn't yet seen in the thread.

85564.jpg

PreHero, that is a beautiful copy of MF 49. :applause: Notwithstanding what the GCD says, however, I am fairly certain that this particular cover is not by Flessel. It looks more like Fred Guardineer to me.

You have to right click on the image and select "Copy Image Location". Then when you reply you'll need to click on the Image Icon and paste in the image location.