• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tribute To Creig Flessel
4 4

444 posts in this topic

Peter,

As you know, that is not just one of my favorites, that is my absolute favorite cover of all time, from any genre! What a sweet copy. Pedigree? hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

With all of the excitement over Creig Flessel today, it's time to dust off another one of his great covers. This has always been one of my favorites:

1673759-Detective18%282%29.jpg

Nope, just a nice copy.

Of a FANTASICALLY AWESOME BOOK!!! hail.gif

Thanks for all the nice comments.

YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY SUPER-DUPER WELCOME!

27_laughing.gif

I was trying to be extra nice to set an example for the people posting in the General Forum. I took a peek over there and my computer screen caught fire from the heat in the Manufactured Gold thread.

27_laughing.gif

I was trying to be extra nice to set an example for the people posting in the General Forum. I took a peek over there and my computer screen caught fire from the heat in the Manufactured Gold thread.

shy.gif

I don't know if there is debate whether Flessel did this cover or not. Gerber says it was Bernard Bailey, but everywhere else says Flessel. Personally, it looks like Creig's handy work to me

Flessel all the way! What a gorgeous copy!

The thing that I really admire about Flessel's work is that it is so consistently good. Even to this day, he does a bang up job on commission. One can't help but appreciate the proclivity of this treasure among comic artists.

27_laughing.gif

I was poking fun at Adam's earlier post:

Of a FANTASICALLY AWESOME BOOK!!!

27_laughing.gif

I was poking fun at Adam's earlier post:

Of a FANTASICALLY AWESOME BOOK!!!

When you're looking a killer copy of an insanely cool and scarce book, fantastically awesome is not hyperbole. Your mileage may vary but I would kill just to see that copy. sumo.gif

When you're looking a killer copy of an insanely cool and scarce book, fantastically awesome is not hyperbole. Your mileage may vary but I would kill just to see that copy. sumo.gif

Nonetheless I am still going to poke fun at you. sumo.gif

I get the sense that these still living, brilliant comic book artist are not totaly aware of how significant the work they did is. Do they know that a bunch of us are constantly geeking out over their art? Detective 18 is moving in to my top ten!

I get the sense that these still living, brilliant comic book artist are not totaly aware of how significant the work they did is. Do they know that a bunch of us are constantly geeking out over their art? Detective 18 is moving in to my top ten!

I don't know about any other artists, but Creig sure does. I showed him the whole tribute thread and even read some of the commentary aloud.